• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

U-Build-It SE - Daloa Sights

Started by emgmod, October 24, 2009, 09:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Where to head to next?

Daloa Part 2
1 (20%)
Train to Colbitz
3 (60%)
Other (specify)
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Jayster

Very nice update! One big question though, where did you find that SAM? I assume it's custom but it is very nice!  :thumbsup:

Jayster

noahclem

Thanks for the train ride, I like your rails  :thumbsup:

I enjoyed the small town feel, interesting street style, and scenic areas.

io_bg

Those Japanese-styled streets look really good in the environment of Newport Point :) Too bad their stop markings are on the wrong side of the road ;D Looking forward to more :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

penguin007

Nice update I like the train station and the neat transition to STR.

Will

emgmod

***Replies***

canyonjumper : mmkay. You just need to get there first.
Jayster : Thank you! I lost the link, but it's somewhere on moonlight's website.
io_bg: That's the only reason I don't use those streets. I have no idea how to change it to RHD besides changing to LHD and flipping the image.
noahclem, penguin007: Thank you!

-----
Before you get to see the next update, I would like to inform you that the mega mosaic that I made has won me a Trixie over at ST.
-----

We leave Newport on the next Translink Rail train. The route crosses over the the Sparkling River Bridge, commonly known as that diagonal bridge.

As the train slows down towards Cambridge, a light snow beings to fall.

After waiting in the snow a bit, a the bus service called Ride arrives and takes us to the Lordside-Illu'a National Laboratory and Museum. We get off and enter the Visitor's Center, the building on top of the picture.

Next to the Visitor's Center is the dome... thing... (I only did it to show Windspear Arena turn into something science looking)

We end our time in the laboratory with lunch at the Illu'a Modern Art Center.

In case you couldn't see it in Picture 3, I made a bus skin for this update. (We take the bus service back to Cambridge for some shopping later on in the day.)

***I need from you today...***
Like that snow? I'm trying this technique for the first time.
Continue shopping at Cambridge or chug on to Daloa?
Sign up for the Name-A-Town Program! You get to name one town that might appear during this trip. If your town was named in the last trip, you are disqualified.

RickD

Great update. At the first glance your snow technique looks great but when looking closely you realise that many details get lost. So I am feeling bit ambivelent about it. Anyway, I'd like to stay at Cambridge. :)

Oh, I have a suggestion for a town name: Elk Grove. What'cha think?  :P
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

canyonjumper

Nice emg! The snow effect looks great!

Your friend,
                              Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

sumwonyuno

I am proud someone from Hawaii has made it "big" on the SimCity forums  ()stsfd()  Congratulations!

You seem to have taken on many important roles in different areas from the last time I've visited.  I'm not sure if you meant it to be a secret, but how goes the OR&L?  Trains... train station...  &idea

[Edit]:  I think I've got to worry about trains myself.   ;)

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

emgmod

***Replies***

RickD: It's the only way I can get snow in the region. And snow removes details in real life...
canyonjumper: Thank you!
sumwonyuno: Let's say... BAT is confusing.

While making your next wonderful update, I found an old map of the roads in Invernessen. So while you guys are wondering why I update once a month, look at this map!

bat

Nice looking road map there! And the snow pictures are great, too! :thumbsup:

noahclem

Great update, sorry I missed it before!  &apls  I actually came across it searching for some diagonal bridge/retaining wall stuff. Anyway, the snow looks great! What technique did you use? Continuing shopping would be fine but a train trip sounds fun.... I'll sign up for the name-a-town program with the name "Clemson". Great map btw  :thumbsup:

emgmod

***Replies***

bat: Thank you!
noahclem: Thank you! In Gimp, I used the Select by Color tool to select the large green areas, then used the Colorize tool to turn it into shades of white. Was that confusing?

-----
Holy baloney that took a long time to update. In case you want to know, it's 1% work and 99% laziness.
-----

With a new look, we walk down Main Street in Cambridge buying anything that looks good. (?1 = .675 USD [just guesstimate 2/3])
We start at the north of town. The stores are small and a bit on the low end scale. However, we found this amazing electric drumset!

Farther south, we approach the main intersection and keep on buying! You spent WHAT on Glee CDs?

We're halfway there! There's a typo because that ain't supposed to be caviar. Too late for that. :P

After passing by the police station, fire station, and library (no shopping allowed,) we bought some drinks and watched Community Theater at its best!

The rest of the night was spent taking the last train to Daloa.

***I need from you today...***
What do you think about the new style?
What should we do at Daloa?
Sign up for the Name-A-Town Program! You get to name one town that might appear during this trip. If your town was named in the last trip, you are disqualified.

Nanami

What do you think about the new style?
- Neat! I like the text box that using same color like game's query tool!
What should we do at Daloa?
- Driving to the landmarks
- Maybe Marineford?

Skimbo

interresting idea with that shopping trip :thumbsup:
The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

emgmod

976: Thank you! I'm not a driving kind of person (considering nobody brought their cars).
Skimbo: Thank you!

-------------------------------------
Note: If you bug me enough about not updating, I will update.

We continue on to Daloa, picking a small hotel near the train station.

Some people decided to check out the nearby nightclub, Twisters. It's quite an interesting sight.

The next day, we take Daloa Light Rail to Daloa University (DU).

We arrive in Nick's Nook, the relatively new shopping area of campus.

At the main building, we meet up with our tour guide. We visit all of the major buildings and some dorms, and then return to Nick's Nook for lunch.

After lunch, it was one DLR stop to the Government Center, the governing center of Abbot (Illu'an province) and Daloa. From there, we had an
additional tour of both the Municipal Building and the State Government building. Currently the Congress Building and Governor's Street are off limits.

Once the tour was finished, we visited the old Daloa City Hall. Once upon a time, all government functions of Abbot were located in this building. The
Treaty of Daloa was also signed in this building, marking an end to the Puget Sound War.

Once the learning is all said and done, there was (more) shopping/wandering in the sunset.

***I need from you***
1. Do you see any possible improvements for Daloa?
2. Would you like to continue sightseeing, or continue on to Colbitz? (maybe a third option?)
3. What specifically would you like to see in the next update?

greckman

Nice update! Well worth the wait. I like the look and feel of your cities, your night shots have a nice dark quality to them, and that's a great nightclub.
I'd like to see more of Daloa. There's lot of stops on that light rail line.
CLICK to see my MD on SC4D: Towncrafter's World - The Cities and Towns of greckman

sumwonyuno

Heh, you're back!  And, I see you have an outdated version of my BAT!   &cry2

I'd like to continue the tour, and see that rail line.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!