• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DFire870

The left-exit ramp looks fantastic! There aren't too many of those here in Central Texas... In fact, I can only think of one such ramp in the area, which is a ramp from Loop 1 (a state loop) onto the Capital of Texas Highway (also a state loop). Although what's interesting is that it goes under the other side of Loop 1 instead of over (probably has something to do with it being an environmentally sensitive area).

-- John
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

bat

Looks nice there in that teaser! Nice work! Looking forward to more...

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Tarkus!!

pagenotfound

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

MassHelper

SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

kj3400

Looking good... :thumbsup: &apls
And happy birthday Tarkus! ;)
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

metarvo

Happy birthday, Alex!  I wonder what kind of "surprise" you might have planned...  :)  If you told us, it wouldn't be a surprise, though.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Patricius Maximus

QuoteI wonder what kind of "surprise" you might have planned...

I can only guess....

Late-October  48 (29.1%)

Tarkus

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on October 15, 2008, 05:56:43 PM
I can only guess....
Late-October  48 (29.1%)

The things you can do by simply removing a [size] tag.  ::)

Technically, this is still mid-October . . . so if the surprise were that I was releasing RHW Version 21 right now, those 48 people would still be wrong. :D  And they still might be wrong, too . . . but we won't know until it actually arrives.

Fortunately for you (or would it be unfortunately?), it's not coming out now.  But more teasers are here.  ;D

You'll be able to build an RHW-4 over an MIS ramp . . .

And I managed to add some small but smooth 90-degree MIS Curves in, perfect for replicating Interstate 84 in Oregon's Columbia Gorge.  This is a draggable setup, actually--just draw a standard 90-degree sharp bend, and it converts over.

And thanks to all who have wished me a happy birthday!

-Alex (Tarkus)

un1

I'm getting impatient alright.  :'(

Nice work on the RHW... Can't wait for more....... *feels something large coming up...*

-un1

nerdly_dood

The 90-degree MIS curve is somewhat unrealistic, but any added functionality is still appreciated. (Then again, some interchanges in Virginia seem to be from the very early days of expressways and their ramps have very sharp curves and often lack accel/decel lanes...)

And of course if you can have avenue and rail and road and elevated highway over MIS, it follows that RHW over MIS will be included. Not bad!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

deathtopumpkins

90 degree MIS curve is one of the BEST things that will be in this version, to me anyway. That will help immensely, and it even looks good to! Nice and smooth...

Thanks for the teasers, and you're seriously starting to make me think it's coming out very soon...
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

j-dub

Happy B-Day Alex, you'll be suprised to hear from me later.

Haljackey

Wow, a lot of progress here!

I like what I see, and I'll applaud what others have said already! &apls  That MIS curve is sweet, and so is the rest of the additional functionality you've shown here!  Nice work!

The only thing I don't like is the left on/off ramps.  By today's modern standards, they are obselete since the inner lane is usually the passing lane and since travelling the fastest.  I am sure you already know about this.  Because space can be tight in SC4, I see its usefulness in-game, but from a RL perspective I just cringe.  I don't know if I will use it, but I might if its the only option.  Just my point of view  :)

Oh, and BTW, happy BD Alex! 

Best,
-Haljackey

writingliberty

There's a few old left-hand ramps around though (I know of a couple along I-215 in San Bernardino, CA, and one in the CA-15/CA-94 interchange in San Diego), so it's nice to be able to represent something like that, even if they are obsolete.

My question is, with the elevated, will we be able to do flyovers and such like a modern California freeway interchange? (kind of like the NAM's "stack", or maybe just an elevated ramp cutting across a cloverleaf as a method of compressing the interchange?)

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

pilotdaryl

Almost forgot!
Happy birthday!  And awesome looking interchange!
Can't wait! ;D

TEG24601

Looking good.

I really like the 90° MIS curve, quite realistic from my experience across the US and Canada (especially in the Columbia Gorge, Rural Michigan, and Indiana), and I'm really excited for the left-hand exits, as they will make the RHW much more realistic, especially if one uses them to create express lanes (like I-5 in Seattle) or I-90 (not the Dan Ryan) in Chicago.  The one question is if there will be a left side RHW exit from RHW like there is on the right side, would make the creation of several realistic cities much easier.

TEG

Swamper77

Just to prove that I am still working on making the new models for the Elevated RHW/MIS:

These are the new models for the Orthogonal to Diagonal pieces, complete with curved Jersey barriers. Please ignore the "hole" on the start of the curve. Tarkus is working on the new graphics for the models, and that "hole" will be covered up with the new graphics.

Next, I'll start working on the diagonal models and then the overpasses for where the elevated RHW4 goes over other networks. Later on, I'll start working on the elevated MIS models.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Andreas

Ohh, 45 degree curves! :) Those are missing for some other elevated puzzle pieces as well (i. e. the avenues, which causes a somewhat silly overpass solution in my newest city).
Andreas

metarvo

Honestly, I'm starting to expect the release information to suddenly indicate that v21 is available for download. :)  Every picture brings us closer.

That 90-degree MIS curve is amazing!  ;D  Those 45-degree elevated RHW curves are starting to look really good, too.  As always, keep up the good work, Alex and Swamper.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.