• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darraghf

Quote from: TEG24601 on December 02, 2008, 08:27:40 AM

I am looking forward to RHW 3, as I'm using the RHW a bit more than before, and keep waiting to do some of the things I want.

Don't you mean rhw 6
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

SusanMarie1956

Thank you for the clarifaction. At least I did widen the freeway right away to accommodate the new RHW 3.0 when it arrives.
-Susan Marie

TEG24601

Quote from: darraghf on December 02, 2008, 09:39:55 AM
Don't you mean rhw 6
No, I mean version 3.  Then again I could certainly use a 3 lane road/freeway in some areas.

TEG

metarvo

There seems to be a little mix-up here.  RHW v 3.0, RHW-3, and RHW-6 are three different items.  Of course, Alex has defined them best in the sticky FAQ post seen at the top of each page, but here is a concise recap.

RHW v 3.0 (version 3) is the new RHW, scheduled for release on RHW Day.  I don't know when that is.

RHW-3 is the RHW equivalent of the NWM's ARD, with three lanes.  For example, two lanes will run north, and one lane will run south along a stretch of the RHW-3.  Neither the NWM nor the RHW-3 are currently available, and the RHW-3 is not a part of RHW v. 3.0. 

RHW-6 has three lanes going in the same direction, used to create a six-lane highway.  There are two varieties.  RHW-6S, currently available, is used to create a six-lane highway separated by a median or a three-lane one-way highway.  RHW-6C, to be released in RHW v. 3.0, allows for the construction of a more compact, fully functional six-lane highway.  It cannot be separated.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

kj3400

So I have a question about the MIS: Will the MIS have a tighter curve radius and on-slope pieces?
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Swamper77

The MIS will have on-slope puzzle pieces. I finished the preview models for those the other day.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Tarkus

And there will be tighter radius MIS curves.  There's a new draggable 90-degree curve, and I've updated the RULs such that 45-degree curves can be placed back to back without having to use a workaround.

-Alex

the7train

Great job with everything its great to see the list out!  I have a question about:

Draggable Elevated RHW-4 and MIS over Road, One-Way Road, Avenue, Rail, RHW-2, RHW-4, MIS Overpasses (all orthogonal over orthogonal)

Will anything be able to overpass the bigger RHWs (RHW6, 8, 10)?  Thanks!

Nevermind...thanks el_cozu

el_cozu

yeah... it is in the top list

Road, OWR, Avenue and Rail-over-RHW-6S, 6C, 8, 10 Overpass pieces (all orthogonal over orthogonal)

j-dub

Heres a less concerned about cosmetics, what I've come up so far picture of a diagonal avenue/new RHW interchange I built. I know, but I only had so much time to see what was possible before school started. So, with careful construction, diagonally, your limited a RHW-4 interchange, but will need to convert between.

nerdly_dood

Not bad! Sketchy, but still revolutionary. :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

metarvo

Although the interchange seems a little rough in places, it still looks like you have done a good job, j-dub.  :thumbsup:  You're using the Diagonal GLR-in-Avenue to leave stubs, aren't you?  I still can't get over that little technique.  :)
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

j-dub

Yes, thats the only way. The stubs seem to get along with the RHW-4 diagonals, but split like that. I plan to revise this interchange later.

bob56

i don't know if this was answered earlier, i checked briefly, but are all the RHW puzzle pieces and MIS UDI compatible?
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Tarkus

Quote from: bob56 on December 04, 2008, 03:44:49 PM
i don't know if this was answered earlier, i checked briefly, but are all the RHW puzzle pieces and MIS UDI compatible?

Yes, of course they are. :thumbsup:  You may not be able to switch between all the different lanes with "Snap to Grid" turned on with some of the Wider RHWs, though.

And a very creative interchange, there, j-dub!

-Alex

darraghf

Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

McDuell

j-dub, you can connect OWR to the GLR-in-Av stubs and then build the overpass over the OWR. With this technique you won't have the small stubs underneath the overpasses.

The following is an excerpt of one of my posts on ST:

1. Place 2 diagonal GLR-in-Av pieces next to each other and delete one of it afterwards.
2. Puzzle Piece (PP) after deletion of it's neighbor
3. connect the RHW with the PP
4. connect the OWR with the PP

I made heavy use of this technique in the interchange below, especially at the diag-diag crossing part (some of you may already have seen it on ST):

----------------
It's redundant, it's redundant. (R.E. Dundant)
----------------

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

metarvo

No kidding, Robin.  Even better, I'm positive that this spectacular interchange was made with RHW v. 2.0.  What will happen when you get 3.0, McDuell?  :)  That is just amazing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

Quote from: darraghf on December 05, 2008, 05:05:56 AM
are we getting closer?????
Yes, but there's still a lot of work to do. If anyone else is asking when the release is, I must dissapiont you; there are still some bugs. Here's a testing report of mine 3 days ago:

RHW 3.0 Bug Report

I'd encounter some bugs in the last version of the RHW 3.0 Alpha:

- There where some textures and strings missing, like the RHW-6C Starter Piece (No string) and the RHW-4 to El-RHW-4 transistions (No textures in the preview mode).
- Some overpass-pieces have a displaced preview.
- The RHW4-Ramp-A has an annoying habbit to stuck on the entrance lane rotation when it's hovered over a stretch of RHW-4. To get an exit ramp, you must demolish the highway before you can build the ramp.

- Underpass pieces have the annoying habbit to revert back to the RHW-2. The length of the overpass matters in this case. If the left side is longer, it works fine, but if there's a tranistion piece or a starter piece three tiles away, then the RHW-4 is suddenly a RHW-2.

- You can place overpass pieces into ramps!
- I still miss the Maxis Highway->RHW-6 transistion :(

Side Note: I'm missing a few pieces at the Road-over-diagonal RHW4 overpasses; You can't place the right piece on the outside of the RHW.

I hope this will clear some things up.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE