• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunv123

L3 RHW 8C is what i see there? L anything for 8C is never before seen, plus L2 is the only thing that is available...... dang we're going in for a TON of stuff this year..... or next. :thumbsup:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Gugu3

I think it's actually a L2 RHW 8s crossing a L1 RHW4...correct me if I'm wrong Alex!
Amazing stuff by the way &apls

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: sunv123 on December 17, 2012, 03:38:36 PM
L3 RHW 8C is what i see there?

It's not... It's L2 8C over L1 RHW-4.

Best to remind everyone of what height levels are planned:

L0 for 2, 3, 4, MIS, 6S, 8S, 10S, 12S*, 6C, 8C, and 10C*.
L1 for 2, 3, 4, MIS, 6S, 8S, 10S, 12S*, 6C, 8C, and 10C*.
L2 for 2, 3, 4, MIS, 6S, 8S, 10S, 12S*, 6C, 8C, and 10C*.
L3 for 4, MIS, and 6S.
L4 for 4, MIS, and 6S.

(Those marked in asterisks may not be included with NAM 31.)

It's also worth pointing out that the IID allocation scheme that has been set for P57 doesn't have room to add in L3 or L4 crossings for anything wider than a single-tile network, and this is related to how many crossing pieces there has to be for every network (asymmetrical networks, flipped/reversed versions, etc).
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

epicblunder

Quote from: sunv123 on December 17, 2012, 03:38:36 PM
...... dang we're going in for a TON of stuff this year..... or next. :thumbsup:

Word.  I hate how much drool I have to wipe off my keyboard because of this thread.  I know you guys have probably answered this before so i kinda hate asking it: but will we have much in the way of exits with the new elevated networks, or just ---A1 and transitions to other networks?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: epicblunder on December 17, 2012, 03:48:11 PM
Word.  I hate how much drool I have to wipe off my keyboard because of this thread.

That's why it's best to have a towel on hand, for accidental peeing or drooling.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Wiimeiser

If you do the HTML5 trial then Firefox users like me won't be able to see it until either Firefox or Ogg Theora is driven to Carol's Addmusic levels of extinction

On another note, I'd personally like to see a bit more variety in the screenshots. At least different camera angles(zoom included)
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

The lineup with respect to exit ramps and transitions for the new elevated networks is likely to remain very limited in NAM 31.  There will, at long last, be Type B1 and D1 ramp functionality for the elevated versions of the RHW-4 and the RHW-2, and there will be a fairly full complement of transitions to connect different height levels of the same width (e.g. L0 RHW-8S to L1 RHW-8S). 

That said, I would not expect transitions between two different widths at the same height (e.g. L1 RHW-6S to L1 RHW-4), or additional elevated exit ramps for this release cycle.  Most of the new elevated networks will likely be limited to overpasses only until a later release. 

It ultimately depends on how the rest of development goes.  Right now, on the RHW side, our threshold for release readiness is getting the base draggable functionality and a few in-progress "secret weapons" reasonably stable.

-Alex

Kitsune

Quote from: jdenm8 on December 17, 2012, 03:08:38 PM
Quote from: Haljackey on December 17, 2012, 01:43:24 PM
Are you running the 4GB patch for SC4? If not I highly recommend it so SC4 can use all of your RAM (will only use 2GB max without it). Link: http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

And yeah your processor is another result for low FPS. SC4 was made for the Pentium 4 Processor which was over 3GHZ, but just one core.

Well since I'm posting here have a look at something I'm working on. It's all done with RHW 5.0 (but the jughandle curves aren't showing... Should be fixed by the next release). Link: http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Haljackey/GTR/bitmdddap.png

I'm sure Windows would love SC4 using all of the system's memory.

I have 18GB of RAM... I wish SC4 would take a civ v like chunk of 4-5 gb when playing, I'm sure it would make things easier.
~ NAM Team Member

Durfsurn

The worst computer I play SC4 on had 512mb of RAM! Anyway looking really good. The possibilities really are endless...

Gugu3

Love it!!!! &apls
just to return on the DJEM for sunken highway Ganaram was mentioning a few pages ago...I think for the moment many players will keep their sunken highways 15m deep...that's because as far as I know succh networks as elevated roads,avenues,,ecc wonn't have 7,5m height in this release,right?

sunv123

Actually, I have heard a few words about Roads, Avenues, One way roads, etc. having 7.5 meter overpasses.

Tarkus

Since sunv123 wanted to see an L3 go over an L2 . . . here you go . . .

And Haljackey, your long-lost friends the "boomerang bend" or "jughandle" pieces for the MIS are back . . .

-Alex

Swordmaster

I think playing with the new RHW will be good way to get back to the game. Great work, Alex.

Cheers
Willy

Durfsurn

You really are cruising! I think a release is getting closer...

TEG24601

A minor question, will it be easy to create visual mods for the new RHW, I'm thinking specifically about the lines and the supports?

sunv123

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: TEG24601 on December 19, 2012, 12:45:01 PM
A minor question, will it be easy to create visual mods for the new RHW, I'm thinking specifically about the lines and the supports?

Supports, perhaps.

Texturing? That's actually a lot harder than you think, and it's most concerning when you have something like this:

This is because the curves and diagonals don't work the same way as they did in the past; They instead use a morph model that doesn't fit with what one may have in mind for a different ideal for line spacing (more dashes in between, and in my case, reflectors).

Jondor, whatever tutorial you have in store for how the geometry on this works, you may need to make it public knowledge...
<INACTIVE>
-----

Indiana Joe

Quote from: Tarkus on December 19, 2012, 11:03:24 AM

-Alex

Remember the smoothening treatment you gave to the other RHW 45 degree curves?  Are you guys planning to do something similar to MIS as well?

Tarkus

There are no plans to change the MIS radii.  The RHW-2 radii will also remain the same.  The RHW-3, RHW-4, and RHW-6S were adjusted slightly to clean up the alignment going into the diagonal, but they still fit in the same footprint.  Here's a look at all of them:

And here's how the wider S and C-type networks look:

-Alex