• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Wha?!! Jondor, how'd you do that?!!

iEven got paths for Diagonal TLA-3 set!!!

iLearn too fast; That's how I'm able to figure out everything I need to mod any part of the networks if needed...

What you did has now made the TLA-3 look like the roads in the city in which I live... Granted, the arrows are on the SC4-equivalent of a TLA-5, but still...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jondor

Quote from: danielra96 on October 18, 2010, 04:26:29 PM
:shocked2: Those. Are. AMAZING! Sorry I had to put it in caps. :P
Quote from: Nego on October 18, 2010, 04:31:45 PM
I have to agree, those are Awesome, jondor! I just have one question, are these arrows coded to show up every 4 tiles or are these cosmetic pieces like the ones in the RHW?
Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 18, 2010, 04:36:02 PM
Wha?!! Jondor, how'd you do that?!!

Thanks!  They're flat props and yes, they are T21s.  Every four tiles on the orthogonals and every 3 on the diagonals to maintain roughly the same distance between them.  I'm working on the TLA-5 right now. :P
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

GDO29Anagram

I'd like to see the TLA-5 version as well.  :thumbsup:

Your T-21 mod combined with my re-pathing would give actual purpose for a diagonal TLA-3, cuz the default paths make the diagonal TLA-3 look like a diagonal AVE-2. iModified the diagonal paths last weekend so that they'd work like its orthogonal counterpart. Now all we need are intersections...

iCould actually imagine what it'd look like if all three elements were combined; We're just 67% completed right now...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jondor

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 18, 2010, 04:50:06 PM
I'd like to see the TLA-5 version as well.  :thumbsup:

That was quick.  :satisfied:

Gotta fix a couple slope issues, make a LHD version, and find some free IIDs.  ;D
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

MattyFo

That was quick!!!  Great stuff going on here guys!!

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

Tarkus

This is some very impressive work here, jondor and GDO29Anagram!  I like what you guys have done. :thumbsup:

-Alex

canyonjumper

GDO29Anagram, congratz on the NAMness ;D jondor, excellent work, I look forward to seeing those arrows in my cities ;D

Your friend,
                                   Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

jondor

There's a little issue with the arrows on the diagonal TLA-3 disappearing under the network and/or terrain on certain slopes, but I'm not too worried at this point since the network itself tends to do the same thing.  There's not much of an issue on the orthogonal network.

Thankfully, a LHD version should simply involve mirroring the arrow texture.  The only problem is that I'm a little paranoid about IID conflicts.  So, if anyone has any suggestions, I have a thread here.

Got that issue resolved, so here you go.  $%Grinno$%

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=25095

Ryan B.

That's what I've been trying to figure out for the past three years, jondor - way to go!  :D  As soon as I get SC4 back, I'm totally downloading this!

Ciuu96

Woah, very nice jondor, if i was not using the Euro TRM, i would definately download that!
Has it really been almost 2 years?
Must return. :)

jondor

Quote from: Ciuu96 on October 19, 2010, 07:11:23 AM
Woah, very nice jondor, if i was not using the Euro TRM, i would definately download that!

With riiga and Maarten's permission, it would be quite simple for me to borrow the arrows from their mod and make an alternate texture that will fit in visually with theirs.

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

riiga

Go ahead jondor, you have my permission as well! If you want the original textures in png format, PM me or Maarten.  :thumbsup:

jondor

While I was waiting, I whipped up a little demo.

It looks like I'll need a little more than a simple arrow replacement to make this look good.

Of course, I also have no idea what kind of pavement markings would be typical in this situation.  I may do this as a separate mod if the changes are significant enough.

j-dub

I know there is a real picture somewhere with the this white line center turn lane style, it is just like that already, but the only difference is, the diagonal crosshatch line would be omitted. I have seen outside of SimCity, I know this exists. However, if turning is restricted, that is when you usually would have the crosshatch, and something currently lacking with the US textures, for the straight aways. The only thing close is the Maxis brown crosshatch under the avenues.

Shadow Assassin

QuoteI know there is a real picture somewhere with the this white line center turn lane style, it is just like that already, but the only difference is, the diagonal crosshatch line would be omitted.

Referring to this?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

j-dub

Hmm, this must be the area where the shadow can get hunted down. I suppose it is illegal to throw rangs around here then.

Other then that, I liked your previous work with the US style, and if you saw what Shadow shared, it looks like you were pretty close.

Meastro444

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on October 19, 2010, 10:14:44 PM
Referring to this?
In that picture there is a white Mercedes SUV. I followed it (or went ahead, technicly speaking) and that car overtoke the cameracar in the wrong lane.
Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: Meastro444 on October 26, 2010, 06:37:28 AM
In that picture there is a white Mercedes SUV. I followed it (or went ahead, technicly speaking) and that car overtoke the cameracar in the wrong lane.

What's more likely is that the camera car did not move over to allow the Merc to overtake.

That sort of stuff is very common here unfortunately...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

j-dub

So? you also already know that g's map car has gone through red lights,

http://www.youtube.com/v/cC4FAQjFW1o

You see there should have been plenty of time to stop, but if the car was tailgated, since the speed was then 50 plus, and they speed on that highway, I can understand.
And because google's car has to be tracked in order to record locational data, it also has been know to expose private wireless networks because of this. And while it was great that google invented a driverless Prius to do map out the data, having it actually obey speed limits are insufficient in certain places in the US. There is this one place in my state, where all the main thoroughfare roads only are 25 m.p.h They used to be over 40 at one  time. It would be different if driveways were off these roads, but such is not the case for a distance, and just stupid. Over reacting, and having speeds set so low is what needs to be illegal. This is where google's driverless path finding car causes traffic jams, because there is no way to get around, especially if your on an AVE-2.

As for cameras, good thing there was none here, beacuse their an unfair entrapment, the real reason why the economy is falling, and that example usually happens to people. I noticed businesses around such intersections have since disbanded, or went under. You turn out of the driveway, the light changes on you after you cross, not fair, because you just turned out of there, and still the people on the bench rule wrong, I wouldn't have my business on that corner or that city entirely as well. Not to mention, they don't care if your tailgated, they rather you get hit in the rear, and cause an even bigger traffic delay. If safety was the real deal, they would put count-down timers on such signals, until they realize how their wrong, they should not wonder why the #49 ranking compared to the rest of the Earth. Sorry if this got out of hand, but it is debatable.