• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivo_su

Alex your amazing my brother.
Your reply me happy I wish you and the entire team successful work
and happy holidays

- Ivaylo

Ramona Brie

Though I love the NWM, I'm having a pickle because I need to elevate an avenue over a TLA-3 (and there are no puzzle pieces for networks over NWM).

Wacky Worm

Could you convert to RHW-4, then to ERHW-4 for the overpass? I believe ERHW can pass over NWM networks without any problem.

Ramona Brie

Actually, that's what it is (an RHW-4) converted. I'll have to try that.

Tarkus

The stuff-over-NWM and NWM-over-stuff are probably the two most requested things right now . . . they'll both be making their way into future releases.  Stuff-over-NWM will probably happen first.

-Alex

ivo_su

Alex I want to ask why OWR-4 and OWR-5 a car is so strange and they turn
in the opposite direction of movement

- Ivaylo

Tarkus

Quote from: ivo_su on December 23, 2010, 12:21:18 AM
Alex I want to ask why OWR-4 and OWR-5 a car is so strange and they turn
in the opposite direction of movement

It's a side-effect of the crossover paths allowing traffic to use the entire width of the network.  Without them, the network is more or less useless, and unfortunately, despite a number of experiments, I have not yet found a way to allow the necessary crossovers without that side-effect.  The way the base OWR network's path reversing mechanism is handled complicates things a great deal, and it appears to be locked in the .exe.

-Alex

ivo_su

Guys I'd like to try to make transit-enabled lots for NWM roads, how can get their textures into LE?

- Ivaylo

Tarkus

The textures should already appear in the LE.  LE-readable versions of them are contained in the NetworkWideningMod_LotSupport.dat package.

-Alex

Tarkus

Well, today happens to mark the 8th anniversary of SC4's release--January 14, 2003.  It's amazing that things show no sign of slowing down with this great game. :thumbsup:

Speaking of no slowing down, sounds like a good day for a development update. 

The triple-tile networks are humming along quite well.  Here's a T-Intersection with a MAVE-6 ending at a TLA-7.

Some of the MAVE-4 and MAVE-6 intersection textures are being revamped to align better with one another, with the goal of incorporating the asymmetrical MAVE-5 as a full network. 

I just undertook a similar process with some of the TLA-7/AVE-6/TLA-9/AVE-8 stuff to allow for asymmetrical TLA-8 and AVE-7, which has proven successful. 

-Alex

ivo_su

I love you Alex
This is GREAT. Just talking about it some time ago. For the moment I feel mild difficulty but I promise that I will try to  make underpasses  for pedestrians  of all  large  NWM road's.

- Ivaylo

samerton

Nego

Ooo! This is exciting! It's been a while since a development update. It sure was worth the wait. :P Keep up the great work! &apls :thumbsup:
Oh, and happy birthday, SC4!

Opkl

Very nice work Tarkus! &apls I have a few questions though, when zoned will the median in the AVE-6 be filled in with something like the normal maxis AVE? I some what like it empty as in your pic because it has a nice rural/suburban feel to it. Also will the TULeps pieces for these networks work with the MAVE-6? Thanks for all your hard work! ;)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Opkl on January 15, 2011, 08:42:07 AM
[W]hen zoned will the median in the AVE-6 be filled in with something like the normal maxis AVE?

Unfortunately, no. Since the median's sandwiched between two other stretches of road, it's never going to touch any zones. Adding a median like what's on the default AVE would require a T-21 that has to be set so the props show all the time.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

SimFox

That is really exciting development!
But just a though since we are finally to move to 3 tile networks and given that issue with median, wouldn't it be better to make it (on AVE8) smaller and instead expand sidewalks?
I also have one question - all the networks are basically flat models, right? I guess that is the reason you can't plop anything on the tile occupied by them. If that is so I just wonder would it be possible to employ a trick similar to one that could be used with prop/building models when one can specify "fake" size for them allowing some "free" space next to actual road, so some trees and some such could be plopped along the roads?

Opkl

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on January 15, 2011, 11:17:44 AM
Unfortunately, no. Since the median's sandwiched between two other stretches of road, it's never going to touch any zones. Adding a median like what's on the default AVE would require a T-21 that has to be set so the props show all the time.

That's good! :thumbsup: I didn't want anything in the median. :P

strucka

How about at least having some bigger light masts in the center of the AVE-6/-8. I mean come on. Somethng has to be done. =) I know it's hard work, but it would really be outstanding work if there were medians. Maybe you should connect to the chinese, who made the AVE-2 medians. I really don't want to be a spoiled brat, but I am certain, this issue could be resolved and that would make a really awesome thing. How about the medians in RHW-6c? That's kind of a same thing, a 3-tile based network, with central median. Let's brainstorm people. Maybe if everyone gives out his idea about this, we can find a few connections that gets us to the answer. =)

A really magnificent job there Alex! I gotta say, it makes me really want to rub something, when I see your pictures (my mouse against the mousepad).

MandelSoft

Actually, it's not that hard to make T21s for the medians. But we should keep them optional, since not everyone wants it...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Opkl

Quote from: mrtnrln on January 16, 2011, 06:13:24 AM
Actually, it's not that hard to make T21s for the medians. But we should keep them optional, since not everyone wants it...

Yes please keep them optional.