• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: Dexter on September 29, 2011, 12:35:19 PM
Obviously they will need alpha maps and wealthication but such a piece would be quite useful  ;D

It most certainly will be!  You are officially awesome, my friend. :thumbsup:

-Alex

GDO29Anagram

I was a bit bored earlier so I made road/rhw to MAVE-4 transition textures:

Quote from: Tarkus on September 29, 2011, 12:41:31 PM
Obviously they will need alpha maps and wealthication but such a piece would be quite useful  ;D

It most certainly will be!

I second that. :thumbsup:

Nice job.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

MandelSoft

And you get my compliments too, Dexter! These will be very usefull indeed.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Dexter

Thanks for the feedback everyone, here's a few more whilst I'm at it:

EDIT: Added another:
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

Girafe

Your work with textures is excellent as your batting skills :)

hope to see all in game.
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Dexter on September 29, 2011, 03:29:39 PM

At least now there's a proper TLA-3 to TLA-5 transition. In terms of how much space it consumes, it's analogous to the AVE-2 to AVE-4 transition.

However, the MAVE-2 (Road) to MAVE-6 transition would probably cause an immense bottleneck in real life (That's three lanes converging into one lane, far too abrupt of a change). An NMAVE-4 to MAVE-6 transition would sound more feasible.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Dexter

Lol it would be of limited use except for temporary layouts, but there have been a few situations in RL where this has indeed happened

The A2, which is the main road into London from the South, had a 6 lane motorway-standard road crash into a 2 lane suburban street for about 20 years until they finally built a new dual carraigeway in a cutting.  The local residents of the time said the whole area would just be gridlocked daily at peek times and the queues would back up for miles.

Here is the same location now

Dino007

I'm building an intersection as you can see on this pic:

The section where OWR splits from two to four lanes is too long because you have to put OWR4 starter.

Can something be done to shorten the whole thing?

And one more thing: I don't want arrows on my OWR, how do I get rid of them?
TIGR

MandelSoft

Attached to this post is a mod that removes the yellow median line of the AVE-6:

This small mod can be used in both Euro as American setups.

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

noahclem

Awesome transitions Dexter!  &apls &apls   Very useful indeed.

And nice work on the mod Maarten  :thumbsup:

io_bg

Nice textures Dexter! I've a small remark regarding the road markings - in RL (at least here in Bulgaria) they look like this: (just a quick Paint made example)

And Maarten, thank you for all these mods!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Dexter

Crosshatching is possible, but the reason I decided against it is because of flipping & RHD/LHD issues, and none of the default textures included in the NWM/NAM currently feature it.

kbieniu7

Io_big, I think not just in Bulgaria, but you touched the thing, that I was thinking about few times, while building roads.
Even the "entering" direction could simply convert from one lane to two lane, the opposite situation is impermissible in real life. There should be clear markings, which lane ends, and which lane goes farther and has the priority. Of course, there could be right-hand rule in use, however it would be extremely dangerous. I'm not sure, how it looks like in US, but I guess, the same as in Europe.
The same case is in RHW, but in european textures made by Maarten, as I remember, it was corrected.

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

jdenm8

Quote from: Dino007 on September 30, 2011, 10:19:30 AM
Can something be done to shorten the whole thing?

Demolish the two tiles that you don't want, most of the starter stubs have a stability fix which makes them persist after the main piece was removed.

Quote from: Dexter on September 30, 2011, 12:58:32 PM
Crosshatching is possible, but the reason I decided against it is because of flipping & RHD/LHD issues, and none of the default textures included in the NWM/NAM currently feature it.

We don't feature crosshatching on anything except WRHW-2 (and especially transitions like that) for a good reason, that the game treats the texture in weird ways. It's easier to RUL a non crosshatched texture than to RUL a crosshatched one with directionality preserved.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Paul 999

All OWR roads from the NWM have too many arrows. I have the 'OneWayRoad_Arrows_Reduction_Plugin' in my plugins folder. I would like to have no arrows the same as the regulars OWR roads.

Is it just me, or has anyone this problem? and how can i fix it?

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Paul 999 on October 04, 2011, 10:20:00 AM
All OWR roads from the NWM have too many arrows. I have the 'OneWayRoad_Arrows_Reduction_Plugin' in my plugins folder. I would like to have no arrows the same as the regulars OWR roads.

There's currently no OWR Arrow Reduction for any of the NWM's OWRs.
<INACTIVE>
-----

j-dub

Really?

@Dexter, the crosshatch texture looks nice. Just in case you change your mind though, here is what's already out there, if you want to keep consistency:

Monorail Master

I've just now wondering, will there be a Narrow-Medianless AVE-4 to Maxis AVE-4 transition? Because that would be very useful.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

arl85

Hi,
just to know, has the following problem been solved in the current release (released on lex on 20/09/11)?

Quote from: Tarkus on September 19, 2011, 10:54:34 PM
It looks like the wealthification for the TLA-5/AVE-4 transition ended up in the TLA-3/Road transition IID range.  Going to require repackaging the whole file.

-Alex

I also want to report a very strange problem.
If you start a new city and build a TLA3, construction trucks appears as usual. But when the road construction is over, the sound effect (the truck's "bip bip bip") remains. And also it remains if you destroy the TLA3.

This is especially disturbing when you city is grown and you continously heard bip bip bip.

I've removed any other plugin except NAM,RHW,NWM.

jdenm8

Yes... we do know of that one and it's an EXE-locked bug related to the Rail network's construction sound when Rail is used as part of a puzzle starter (not just TLA-3's starter piece, but a lot of others too).

Saving and restarting the game fixes the issue, and it can be prevented by dragging out a short enough distance of road that the road construction vehicles don't appear, then again, then demolishing the starter.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley