• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VDK Bats

Started by vester, August 16, 2013, 03:16:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vortext

Making it a serious study, eh?! This is going to be be good, especially considering the great start you already made with the latest house.  &apls :popcorn:

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

romualdillo

Indeed!! You really document your projects!!! Great work!!!  &apls

About the timber frames: If I haven't misunderstood the map, the areas near Copenhagen usually paint the frames. Perhaps my theory is right, and they painted them to hide them or they painted them because of traditional and ancestral reasons due to... whatever... Well who knows, I'm only speculating. Maybe you find an answer in the books. I really like this kind of questions, how did traditions start?

vester

Quote from: vortext on August 14, 2015, 03:46:24 PM
Making it a serious study, eh?!

Just like my trains. Getting what ever I get out of it.

The fire in 1728, was followed by another fire in 1795 (and burn down of the kings palace the year after) and the first big bombardment in history in 1807.
The two fires and the bombardment each took out around 1/3 of the city. So there are not a lot of buildings in Copenhagen from before 1728.

From the books I read, its not clear, but traditional plays a big role as I understand it.

A close up of something that will be missed out in the end:

Curved frame work at the corner of the gateway.

noahclem

These wall-to-walls are really exciting! Amazing work  &apls &apls

Pat

Vester looking good there so far!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

carlfatal

It seems, I never posted in your thread, shame on me... I mean I use all your fine VDK-trams and stuff but I never realized, that you are crafting all these wonderful danish houses too. And the last one, this old framework house is just a beauty.  &apls

art128

Nice timberwork there, Arne.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vester

Thank you all.

The number of objects has gone up some, but still it just 22 objects.

Here is two of the inspirations for the last bat:

(taken from Google Maps)

vortext

Nice progress. Even though it won't be visisble, it'll be nice to know the gateway is there, just around the corner.  :D
time flies like a bird

vester

Quote from: vortext on August 17, 2015, 12:37:24 PM
Even though it won't be visisble, it'll be nice to know the gateway is there, just around the corner.  :D

Uh ?

I was trying to say that the top corners of the gateway had round corners:

vortext

Quote from: vester on August 18, 2015, 08:42:34 AM
Quote from: vortext on August 17, 2015, 12:37:24 PM
Even though it won't be visisble, it'll be nice to know the gateway is there, just around the corner.  :D

Uh ?

I was trying to say that the top corners of the gateway had round corners:

I completely misunderstood   :facepalm:

Nice texturing!  :thumbsup:

time flies like a bird

c.p.

Your BAT looks more real than the one in the real-life picture :D

art128

Love the colors used. Although I'm really no fan of that kind of building, I have to say it looks real good. :)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Really lovely style here! These could be a great compliment to prepo's often-used Helsinki W2Ws  :thumbsup:  I'm certainly enjoying more Scandinavian style around here!

carlfatal

Different to Arthur I love timberframed houses! CanĀ“t get enough of them.  :D
And different to Noah I would say, that this kind of architecture is very common in whole northern Europe. I can imagin a house like that in northern Poland or Germany as well.

And these rounded corners are a nice detail!  :thumbsup:

romualdillo

Nice textures!!! (Perhaps they should be a bit dirtier)  :thumbsup:

vester

For some reason the 1 level part of the house, didn't like sit right with me so:

Went through an open gateway, where I got some inspiration for the new roof structure on the lower part of the house.
still no textures on the dormers.

romualdillo: Still working on the textures. The yellow texture is a composite material, where the dirt will be add using sets of textures (diffuse and alphas).

reddonquixote

These buildings are really great. I still think you should model the roof tiles though  :P
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

vester

Quote from: romualdillo on August 19, 2015, 12:13:41 PM
Nice textures!!! (Perhaps they should be a bit dirtier)  :thumbsup:

Dirty enough:

Keept front a bit cleaner:

belfastsocrates

That looks superb so far!
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde