• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

That's a neat windmill interchange, tomatentobi!
Check out my MD, United States of Simerica!
Last updated: March 5, 2017

My YouTube Channel

tomatentobi

thanks compdude787

I must say, the new NAM really is awesome. Here's another interchange for you guys:

metarvo

Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

sim_link

Nice work! Like metarvo said, that interchange sure is smooth. Looks great. ;D

APSMS

That looks very slick indeed (and very compact, my favorite kind of interchange!). :thumbsup:

Looks like I'm gonna have to spend some more time with SC4 and the NAM to get reacquainted with all the new features.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

noahclem

Amazing work everyone  &apls  Wonderful to see what's possible with the new NAM!

j-dub

Oh yeah, speaking of the work and the new NAM, the one thing that kills me though, after all the time and work to finally produce and release public a signal-less, dedicated 1x1 left turn lane X/T intersection in this latest release, I have never seen any RHW-2 left turn lane based intersections constructed by others I don't know, except maybe only one person. I'm not sure if this is lack of awareness or lack of interest, as it seems wider networks are the thing these days from these last pictures. Still nice curvy crossings none the less.

eclipticalstorm

This is a Diverging Crossover Merging Interchange and in nutshell it's an exploded diverging diamond interchange.  It consumes a sizable amount of land but offers grade separated free flow controlled access for high volume intersections. I've wanted to see if this interchange could be built for quite some time.  Thanks to the NAM 33 pre-release I was finally able to build something functional.  Hope you all enjoy!

compdude787

Here's a few new interchanges I made in a city tile I'm currently working on called Carlson. A month ago, I posted a parclo on I-20 which goes through the northern half of the city on the north side of the river. Today, I will post four more interchanges from that city tile.

First, this one is about a mile or so west of that parclo on I-20. This one is an A2 Parclo, whereas the other one was an A4 parclo.

Next, here are the three interchanges on I-120 that serve the part of Carlson south of the river, from west to east. The first one is a B2 Parclo along a diagonal stretch of RHW:

The next one further east is a folded diamond interchange serving the central part of Carlson. I will soon build an office park near the interchange.

Finally, this last one is a parclo/diamond hybrid in the southeast corner of Carlson and is the last interchange before I-120's eastern terminus in downtown Twin Forks. More details on I-120 and why it just ends on a surface street downtown can be found in my MD when I update it (hopefully) later tonight.

Hope you enjoyed all these interchanges!

My YouTube Channel

Gugu3

Girafe

It looks really green, I love it  &apls &apls

Good job with the vegetation
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Great interchanges  &apls

I especially like the parclos. Think I will adopt the ortho one for an interchange I've been pondering what to do with.

compdude787

Quote from: noahclem on October 22, 2015, 05:06:18 AM
Great interchanges  &apls

I especially like the parclos. Think I will adopt the ortho one for an interchange I've been pondering what to do with.

Thanks, Gugu3, Girafe, and Noah! That orthogonal A2 parclo was based on some of the folded diamonds I've seen in Armorsforth (Fq) near Noropolis. That's how awesome I think your region is; I've gotten so many ideas from it.

Further west, I might even do a McDuell-style 5-way interchange. We'll see how that turns out. Hopefully the disconnector in NAM 33 will greatly reduce the amount of rage-quitting involved... :P

My YouTube Channel

dyoungyn

Here is one of my URBAN complex interchange I created before NAM33 Pre Release.  I am proud of this was even possible.
dyoungyn

compdude787

My YouTube Channel

Haljackey

Tight fitting elevated diamond interchange. Still a work in progress.

Edit: further work:

Edit2: done.

thomaslc

A few interchanges rebuilt with NAM 33 stuff (the new FlexFlys!)

Downtown stuff:

A bigger one:

One try of a T-Bone:

Another try, smaller T-Bone:

Yet another T-Bone! :)

The one I prefer, with C/D lanes at the bottom:

A typical smaller one:

Hope you enjoyed! ;-)

kelis

Fantastic pictures. Good job with those highways  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

compdude787

Those are some nice interchanges! Great work!

My YouTube Channel