• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

Welcome to SC4Devotion - I'm sure you'll find answers to most of your SC4 related questions.

I'm not a CAM player myself so am not sure of the answer.  If you don't gat an answer soon, have a look at the CAM support threads, I'm sure the people who built CAM will see your question there and give you the right answer.

Paul

JoeST

as long as the lot is not a Skyscraper (or a mega-lot) then non CAMeLots should be fine, as only stages 8 and above are as effected by CAM

and welcome to SC4D  :thumbsup: but of course as Paroch says, the support threads are a good read for finding this information

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

Welcome Pauld!
Just like Joe said, most existing buildings are "CAMpatible", unless they have been modded not to comply with the growth stage setting suggested by Maxis' LotEditor. Existing (non-CAMified) stage 8 buildings should indeed generally be avoided.

MayorSinistrad

Hello - im recently returning to SC4 after just getting a new computer and have a simple question about the CAM before i install.

After doing a moderate amount of reading up am i correct in thinking that only stage8's are not recomended in your plugins?

Will other content from other resources still work with the CAM?

Will other buildings from other designers such as Peg and "that other site" ;) still work in general just not anything stage 8?

Thank you in advance.

RippleJet

Hi and welcome back to SC4 MayorSinistrad!

Most buildings out there are still CAMpatible, at least to a degree.
As long as you try to avoid buildings having the wrong growth stage, you should be safe.

Most existing buildings of stage (7)-8 are those that in general do not fit into the population density versus growth stage that Maxis set up.
And if you see skyscrapers that are set to grow on low density, growth stage 1-3, avoid them at all cost!

Most of Peg's buildings are small and grow in the lower stages and shouldn't cause problems with the CAM. :)

Several existing skyscrapers have been upgraded to CAM standards, and are available on the BSC LEX.
Use them rather than the original lots out there! ;)

If in doubt regarding any specific buildings, just post and ask about them and I'll take a look at how well they are modded in respect to the CAM. :thumbsup:

xxdita

And if there are any Stage 8 lots you find elsewhere that you'd like to use in your game, or re-lot for LEX Candidacy, just let us know (with a link to the file of course), and one of us can send you the CAMelot.
Welcome to SC4D!

xxdita

Quote from: Pauld on February 24, 2008, 07:05:38 AM
I've been playing Simcity for years and didn't know that there was such a large and talented community that enjoyed the game. I have been browsing the Mods and lots and I have one question about installing lots after I install CAM. If a lot description does not say it is compatible with CAM should I assume that it is not? And if it is not compatible should I still download it?

Thanks for your time.
P.

Most all of the lots available on the LEX are CAMpatible. Other English sites? Not so much for the larger buildings. But if you run into any building you simply must have, someone could probably fix it to be CAMpatible for you, or give you a lot with only the building, so that you can add props to it as you'd like.
Welcome to SC4D, and CAM! I think you'll find it's a brand new game all over again.

MayorSinistrad

Awsome thanks for thr info and help, its nice to be a member of a site where the members are actually helpful!

I will indeed be getting my skyscrapers from here at the BSC exchange, my reasoning s i was planning on using the CAM as many of the "packs" released has many buildings included so its a nice way to mod your game and at the same time simplifies getting your plugins up to speed without searching several sites for the material,as all the "good stuff" is now here and mostly CAMpatible!

Thanks again.

xxdita

If you have any problems gathering dependencies for the CAMelot starter packs, just click on the link in my signature to make it a lot easier.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: xxdita on February 29, 2008, 05:30:16 AM
But if you run into any building you simply must have, someone could probably fix it to be CAMpatible for you, or give you a lot with only the building, so that you can add props to it as you'd like.

If that's the case, anybody up for making skyscraper's buildings from the STEX CAMpatible? :D
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

xxdita

I am all about the skyscrapers. Just give me some links. You want to lot them for the LEX, or just for personal use? Care to find me a nice Stage 15 R$$$?

remyspam

I've been playing a while with CAM now and I must admit I love it, the game plays a lot better and ironically I find it harder to grow skyscrapers than before, hahaha.

Brilliant mod, can't believe I've been playing without it :)

rickmastfan67

Quote from: xxdita on March 01, 2008, 01:42:43 AM
I am all about the skyscrapers. Just give me some links. You want to lot them for the LEX, or just for personal use? Care to find me a nice Stage 15 R$$$?

Well, if I knew how the lotting process works, I would try to help out there, but I don't know how to do that.  Plus, I got my hands full on the texture side for the RHW system and other texture projects I have going.  If the re-lotted files where to be posted on the LEX (as long as there are no problems doing that), I know other people would love to have the following builders by "skyscraper" finally grow properly. ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?page=1&Keyword=skyscraper&view=all
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

klaascornelis

I Installed CAM and then this happend

seems like some textures or props are missing on the sc files, I'm just gessing, i'm fairly noobish on this
All dependencies are installed, anybody suggestions

RippleJet

Check your Graphic Settings for City Details. ::)
They need to be set to high for props to appear.

klaascornelis

Hmmm  $%Grinno$%

Thats strange now it works, how's that? without cam it showes just nice under the medium graphics settings
Wel hell i  tried it before with the settings but dident restart the game.
Wel i'm sorry for my noobishnis and your waste of time.

MayorSinistrad

Getting my plugins back up o sped after a long beak from the game.

Im giveing the CAM a try for the 1st time and was wondering if the lots Equinox had released some time ago will grow with the CAM?

Or would it be a waste of time getting them installed?

Thanks in advance

xxdita

A lot of the old NDEX buildings have been relotted for CAM, including some of the buildings uploaded by Equinox. Just make sure that as you gather dependencies, you only extract the sc4model files downloaded from any other sites.

MayorSinistrad

Ahhh thats what i thought i have already installed them then!

There were a few buildings i simply love to see in my cityscapes and couldnt do without.

I was just trying to be thorough.

Mizral

Im new to the CAM and it seem really interesting but i think something went wrong.

I started a new region like suggested but it seem the Residential demands always start in the gutter then stay there no matter what i do. I need to have as many job as i have population to get proper devloppement.

Thanks in advance  :thumbsup: