• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: z on January 13, 2009, 04:21:14 AM
Which version?  Please, do tell more!  :o

Just some ideas floating around... but most probably...

• Rural CAM 2.0 - for those who don't want skyscrapers
  • Standard CAM 2.0 - similar to CAM 1.0, but without the doubled regional capacitites
  • Skyscraper CAM 2.0 - for those who want hi-rises sooner in the game and don't want sprawling suburbs

The last one is for those who otherwise would cheat to get up up up... ::)

b22rian

Quote from: RippleJet on January 13, 2009, 06:07:56 AM
Just some ideas floating around... but most probably...

• Rural CAM 2.0 - for those who don't want skyscrapers
  • Standard CAM 2.0 - similar to CAM 1.0, but without the doubled regional capacitites
  • Skyscraper CAM 2.0 - for those who want hi-rises sooner in the game and don't want sprawling suburbs

The last one is for those who otherwise would cheat to get up up up... ::)

Ripple...

Obviously a great deal of thought has been put into this since cam 1 was put out.. in terms of making
cam 2 enjoyable to the widest range of gamers possible... Thanks Much ! &apls

Brian

catty

I like the sound of the Rural CAM 2.0  :thumbsup:
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

wouanagaine

Did I miss something ? CAM 2.0 is out ???

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

JoeST

I dont think so wou, Tage is just teasing us.... :D
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

You didn't miss anything... $%Grinno$% ...yet!
Unless the "X Tool" is out...

46Bit

Quote from: RippleJet on January 13, 2009, 11:25:07 AM
You didn't miss anything... $%Grinno$% ...yet!

*raises eyebrows* Huh? Is it out then... where?

JoeST

its not... another teaser ;)

these guys are what you may call Masters in the art
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

46Bit

Quote from: JoeST on January 13, 2009, 11:46:49 AM
its not... another teaser ;)

these guys are what you may call Masters in the art
lol, in this case it's more of a torture than a teaser  :'(

sumwonyuno

Oh, I knew that (halving regional capacity).  Though it sounds somewhat like the opposite of the situation I had with the removal of the residential halver.  I was thinking inCAMpatible along the lines of not being able to use 1.0 lots.  Does this mean I could use 1.0 now, and then "worry" /wrrd%& about any fallout with 2.0 when its released?  But, I would guess it won't be released by the time I finish my current region in the coming months.  Currently in my region, I have abandonment in certain areas because there are aren't enough jobs.  Since I'm basing my region on a real-world layout, I'm under several constraints in how I can squeeze jobs in.  I'm hoping that some of the CAM buildings can address this.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

RippleJet

Quote from: sumwonyuno on January 13, 2009, 03:05:39 PM
Does this mean I could use 1.0 now, and then "worry" /wrrd%& about any fallout with 2.0 when its released?  But, I would guess it won't be released by the time I finish my current region in the coming months.

You can safely keep playing your CAM 1.0 region, for months... and keep downloading CAMeLots.
And do not fear... every current and every future CAMeLot will be CAMpatible with both 1.0 and 2.0. ;)

allan_kuan1992

hmm... i believe i'm already too hyped up for NAM... and now there's a new CAM... xD

- Allan Kuan

24athome

Thank you RippleJet for the reply.  :thumbsup:
I had plazas (what I ment by parks), no garbage, desirablity showed very green (it can't get any greener), every thing was perfect for Co$$$. Co$$$s were developing fine before CAM. Then I realized the "before". So I had to let go of my well developed (I spent 1 year) region and started new region. Now Co$$$ develops. But not as fast as before CAM. I get the feeling that one has to be patient with CAM but the rewards of later stages are pleasing  :).
I do have some questions:
1) Is having larger plazas or more than one plaza (or parks for residentials) more helpful
2) Parks cap for industrial, can it be any park or has to be a plaza?
3) why did my city suddenly started fast growth after I built my first Elementry school. There is no Education Cap, is there?
4) I had problems with eternal communter, the manual gave detailed explaination. Now I have cities linked as if in single line but:
a- I have cities that are only residential (R) or only commericial&industrial (CI) so will I have the same problem if I have links line R1 - CI1 -CI2 - R2 -CI3 - CI4 -R1
b- Is having only residential cities and only work cities good or bad with CAM?
c- Do ferry routs take communters to other other cities?
5) Is functional landmarks mod by toroca inCAMpatible? Is there a way to know if a mod (not mentioned in the manual) is confilicting with CAM?

Thanks once again.

RippleJet

Quote from: 24athome on January 14, 2009, 02:09:29 AM
1) Is having larger plazas or more than one plaza (or parks for residentials) more helpful

Yes

2) Parks cap for industrial, can it be any park or has to be a plaza?

Any park, plaza or sports field will do. ;)

3) why did my city suddenly started fast growth after I built my first Elementry school. There is no Education Cap, is there?

No, but plopping a civic building provides transient aura effect.
There's more to read about that here.

4) I had problems with eternal communter, the manual gave detailed explaination. Now I have cities linked as if in single line but:
a- I have cities that are only residential (R) or only commericial&industrial (CI) so will I have the same problem if I have links line R1 - CI1 -CI2 - R2 -CI3 - CI4 -R1

There are always civic jobs in a pure residential city as well, so the risk of eternal commuters is always there.

b- Is having only residential cities and only work cities good or bad with CAM?

It's more a matter of taste and commute time.
Specialized cities work equally well with CAM as with RH.

c- Do ferry routs take communters to other other cities?

Yes

5) Is functional landmarks mod by toroca inCAMpatible? Is there a way to know if a mod (not mentioned in the manual) is confilicting with CAM?

Toroca's mod is CAMpatible, but be careful not to plop more than you have demand for:
Ploppables with Jobs and Residents. Why not?

Any mod that changes the growth stage or capacities for in-game RCI buildings is inCAMpatible.
As well as all mods that change the RCI and development exemplars...
Most of those should have been identified and listed by now though.

24athome

Thank you once again.

I have a much clearer picture now.

Just the eternal commuter issue needs further clarification. If my cities never form a loop, so that once commuter go out they have no way of comming back from a city other than they moved to, will I still have the issue? I mean is it possible to line any number of cities as long as a loop is not formed?

By the way, being consumed in my confusion, I forgot to thank the CAM creators for the exceptional effort. :thumbsup:

z

You need a loop in order for the eternal commuter problem to be able to happen.

Eliteforce

A new problem has risen for me now :(

I currently have 2 cities one is 150k pop and the other is 500k pop  I want to start building more cities around them, but the desirability for all residential is as low as it can go and will not budge, no matter how many thousands of jobs I make for it. (40k C and 40k I).  I have built schools, parks, and everything that would make the desirability go up.  Is there any solution to this???

RippleJet

Depending on your HQ you have a workforce between 40% and 60% of that population.
And with CAM's doubled regional residential capacity you would need to have 80% to 120% jobs for those.

In other words, for a balanced situation with a population of 650k, you'd need some 550k to 750k jobs in your region.

callagrafx

Shouldn't you be enjoying the sun? Maybe we should get Barby to ban you for a few weeks, for your own good.... :D :D :D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Eliteforce

Well, I raised up my jobs level and now the city with 140k has really low Residential desire too!

Region Census:
Residential population: 833029
Commercial population: 663985
Industrial population: 194519

That is well over 100% population/jobs ratio.  and my city that was 500k, I've upped it to 650k and it does fine on Residential desirability.  I really need help, I can't grow any of my other cities' population!