• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

This sounds like lingering effects of the problem RippleJet described.  If you cut your tax rates in the affected residential types to 2%, they should shoot up within four months.  You might not even have to go as low as 2%, but if you start there, that will tell you if you're on the right track.

Eliteforce

I dropped my taxes down to 4% and that pretty much did the trick, I still won't get any high desirability for a while, but at least my pop has jumped up to 80k there.

WC_EEND

I think the new NAM doesn't like the CAM  :'(

EDIT: solved the problem, it turned out to be a plugin conflict
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Kitsune

I seem to remember some extreme demand boosters being created a long time ago around when CAM first came out. I had them in my plugins folder, but just recently realized they seem to have disappeared from my plugins. Is there still a copy of these files somewhere?
~ NAM Team Member

cowochina

my population won't grow but the commercial grow very2 high

is that wrong? my population only grow 80K in medium sized city
and my city before i installed cam is grow 600K in medium sized city.

RippleJet

Quote from: cowochina on March 03, 2009, 03:20:04 AM
is that wrong?

No, but a bit unreal... unfortunately CAM 1.0 does lead to more jobs than there's workforce.
All due to the erroneously doubled regional residential capacity that the simulator sees because of CAM.

Thus, with CAM 1.0, you will need to zone more commercials and industrials in order to provide that surplus of jobs.

Quote from: Kitsune on February 12, 2009, 07:19:25 AM
I seem to remember some extreme demand boosters being created a long time ago around when CAM first came out. I had them in my plugins folder, but just recently realized they seem to have disappeared from my plugins. Is there still a copy of these files somewhere?

Due to the increased demand for jobs in CAM, I would refrain from using any demand boosters.
The commercial demand will be there even without using a any boosters.

If you, despite that, still want to use RalphaelNinja's Radical Demand Ordinance, search the mods section on ST. ;)

Kitsune

I found the ones you created a long while ago so alls good now.  :)
~ NAM Team Member

cowochina

Thanks ripplejet so i must zoning more for Commercial and Industrial right?
and the population will be bloom.  :)

is there any CAM 2.0?  ::)

RippleJet

Quote from: cowochina on March 04, 2009, 02:48:49 AM
is there any CAM 2.0?  ::)

Only in my mind so far... the latest beta version is 1.0.5. ::)

cowochina

thanks

i started a new region and the population grow fast
not reach until 100k
but it's better, not minus 6000

allan_kuan1992

hmm... i believe some ideas should be turned into reality... soon... =O

- Allan Kuan

Kitsune

A couple of questions...

One, is there any counter that'll show me how many stage 1's to 8 I have? Reason being is what I want to see how close I am to getting a camelot. Also, am I right in assuming the stage 1 to 5 is low density, 6 to 10 is medium density and 11 to 15 is high density when zoning?
~ NAM Team Member

RippleJet

Quote from: Kitsune on March 05, 2009, 07:06:15 AM
One, is there any counter that'll show me how many stage 1's to 8 I have? Reason being is what I want to see how close I am to getting a camelot.

No, those cannot be counted,
unless someone adds appropriate Occupant Group numbers to all existing stage 1-8 buildings... ::)

Quote from: Kitsune on March 05, 2009, 07:06:15 AM
Also, am I right in assuming the stage 1 to 5 is low density, 6 to 10 is medium density and 11 to 15 is high density when zoning?

Not exactly...
For residentials and commercials it's the height of the building that sets whether they grow on low, medium or high density only:

Low Density
Height < 25 m
Medium Density   
Height < 100 m

Thus, a hi-rise placed on a very large lot (e.g. 6×6) may become a stage 5 or 6, but still wouldn't grow on medium density.
Industrial buildings grow on medium density if they are stage 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5, otherwise only on high density.

Kitsune

ah so thats how it works, thanks.
~ NAM Team Member

mike3775

Call me stupid if you like, but I got back into playing SC4 last September off and on, and now I am playing it almost every day and I love CAM alot.

My main issues I have been having is I am getting brown boxes everywhere in cities, I have downloaded every single dependency that is available on the list Diggis created, and have gone through and searched for a few lots on here, at ST, and at Pegs sites and cannot find them anywhere.

I get brown boxes for the Major Jolly, Wendy Tudor, Themba Tudor Ole, Allen Avenue, and the FF Telecommunications Headquarters buildings, and I have downloaded everything that is included in the read me's that came with those files, and yet I still get brown boxes. 

If anyone can help I would appreciate it, as the brown boxes are overwhelming my residential city, and its annoying

This may be late, but I applaud the people who came up with the CAM though, I really love it, and have enjoyed playing the game far more than I used to pre-CAM

cowochina

how many citizens required to CAM to work normally. now my region has 100K and still not work normal. it's a new region. i need 1000K?? ()what()

allan_kuan1992

CAM doesn't have a set population where the mod would work properly. The mod works "out of the box", that is, it takes effect immediately after it's loaded.

If there is high demand I advise building up or creating new cities (just be careful about the eternal commuter issue). If the demand is low, however, perhaps you may want to consider building some of the Maxis Reward Buildings, parks, or civic services to stimulate demand.

You may also want to add more of the higher stage buildings if you find that your skyline can't grow and your population has reached the necessary stage limits.

@ Ripplejet:
I know that Maxis rewards are necessary to relieve some caps (in fact demand sometimes goes up 100% after plopping), but in some cases I feel like if I need alternatives. One good example is the cemetery... gah I hate that ghostly effect that it gives off sometimes.

- Allan Kuan

RippleJet

Quote from: mike3775 on March 05, 2009, 10:21:06 PM
I get brown boxes for the Major Jolly, Wendy Tudor, Themba Tudor Ole, Allen Avenue, and the FF Telecommunications Headquarters buildings, and I have downloaded everything that is included in the read me's that came with those files, and yet I still get brown boxes. 

The model for FF Telecommunications Headquarters is Frogface TelecommunicationsCentre-0x5ad0e817_0x6d2ea386_0x840000.SC4Model, which can be found here.

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on March 06, 2009, 04:15:06 AM
I know that Maxis rewards are necessary to relieve some caps (in fact demand sometimes goes up 100% after plopping), but in some cases I feel like if I need alternatives. One good example is the cemetery... gah I hate that ghostly effect that it gives off sometimes.

The cemetaries actually don't even provide any CAP relieves.
If you want residential CAP relieves, plop parks instead.

If you still want the cemetaries, without the ghosts, Gwail requested a Ghostbuster not too long ago...
Who ya wanna call? ::)  Herewith attached! :)  Should I upload this one on the LEX as well? ::)

EDIT:
The version of Ghostbusters that was attached to this post only removed the zombies, but not the ghosts. $%Grinno$%
An "improved" version of Ghostbusters is now available on the LEX. :D

mike3775

Thanks Ripplejet.  I just downloaded a bunch of other dependency's from the lex that were not on the list, so I hope that fixes all the other box issues I have.

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original