• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

maybe ill see how quickly i can finish up the terraforming
in other news would all CAM1.0 compatible lots be CAM2.0 compatible by default ?
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

RippleJet

You're both invited! :)

Quote from: mightygoose on December 10, 2009, 07:10:32 AM
in other news would all CAM1.0 compatible lots be CAM2.0 compatible by default ?

Most certainly! ;)

SeanSC4

I'm very interested in seeing how the Rural version of the upcoming CAM 2.0 works.

RippleJet

End_of_Eternity

Hi RippleJet,

I was just wondering about the CAM 2.0 development cycle. Is CAM 2.0 just going to be final/stable version of the 1.x series? Or is there going to be a lot of new stuff for 2.0. Other than have Euro/Rural profile with lower stage limits CAM 1.x is mostly bugfixes and tweaks, is that correct?

Thanks!

xxdita

Basically anything after CAM 1.0 has been created as testing for the final 2.0 release(s). And the testing is going quite well so far, for the Rural and Standard versions. The biggest bigfix so far is to the doubled Regional Capacities, which was the only major "bug" with 1.0.
But I think you can look for at least a few surprises with 2.0. Can't give specifics on that just yet though... we're still working on them.  ;D

End_of_Eternity

Quote from: xxdita on December 12, 2009, 07:50:30 PM
Basically anything after CAM 1.0 has been created as testing for the final 2.0 release(s). And the testing is going quite well so far, for the Rural and Standard versions. The biggest bigfix so far is to the doubled Regional Capacities, which was the only major "bug" with 1.0.
But I think you can look for at least a few surprises with 2.0. Can't give specifics on that just yet though... we're still working on them.  ;D

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if the 1.2 beta version is available anywhere? I would like to give it go? Would this be safe to use with latest NAM and the original version of CAM. I have a pretty developer region with around 3 million people with a wide variety of different cities/towns. I guess I can report any problems that I have. Are the 1.x version buggy? Would be safe to use in an existing city with CAM 1.0?

xxdita

With the Regional Capacities doubled in CAM 1.0, it's not recommended that you use an existing CAM 1.0 region, although the upgrade from Rush Hour/Deluxe will be a smooth transition.

Quote from: End_of_Eternity on December 12, 2009, 08:02:04 PM
Are the 1.x version buggy?

Not at all yet. The fixes since 1.0 are really noticeable.  :thumbsup:

NAM is perfectly fine for use with all versions of CAM though.

gabrielbyrnei

Will there be some kinda of fix for eternal commuters anytime soon ?

RippleJet

That's something that cannot be fixed, other than laying out your region so that those loops won't appear.
It's a problem that appears also in RH, not just in CAM.

earwax_man

Could I beta test? I love CAM, and I'm quite good at spotting bugs  ::)
Warning: This person may use sacasm, do not feed, touch, or provide fodder for his twisted sense of humour, doing so will result in sudden, disasterous outbreaks of sarcasm. You have been warned.

Visit my BAT thread!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=9543.0

RippleJet

CAM 2.0 Midrise (or European as some call it) is to be released for beta testing tonight, so you're welcome, earwax!

gottago

That's great news--something we've all been patiently waiting for--congratulations &apls

RippleJet

It's still for beta testing (and it was released 5 minutes ago), but good news nonetheless, gottago. ;)

woodb3kmaster

As I have just uninstalled a couple of very old stage cap-related mods in an attempt to get rid of my no-job zot plagues (the story on all that is in the Simulator Z Development and Theory thread), I would be very interested in beta-testing CAM 2.0. Are you still looking for testers?

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

RippleJet

delta9

I would be very interested in testing the newest version of CAM as well.  I've used CAM ever since its release and couldn't (wouldn't!) play without it now.  I'm also in the process of prepping a region for an MD (my first) and have only done very basic development so far so switching over shouldn't cause any problems, and since I plan on growing this region quite literally from the ground up (rural towns to metro areas) it should provide a good showcase of the new version's capabilities.

tl;dr: &hlp GIMME GIMME GIMME  :P

Thanks,

Wayne

RippleJet

Present yourself in a thread you haven't seen before, Wayne! ;D

deecee

hello?!  i've been gone from lurking on the boards (and sometimes posting too - so am i still considered a lurker?  how many posts do you have to do before you're no longer a lurker?) anyway - sorry for the mental tangent of mine i just took you on :)

there's a cam 2.0?  how'd i miss that? i will of course read backwards from where i first saw it but i'm feeling particularly antsy to get this information so maybe someone will put me out of my misery and respond while i do what i came here for (find out if there's new stuff and get a question or two answered in case you're wondering).

RippleJet

There isn't a public CAM 2.0 yet... it's undergoing pretty extensive beta testing.
The develop exemplars and simulators are getting close to being final though...
After that there's still quite some auxiliary modding to go through...

Date for a public release?  ::) ... hmmm ....

&drumm1

...when it's ready :P
First half of 2010 I'd say...
;)