• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAS71

@shoreman905
It's great report and good cities so beatiul!! &apls
Quote from: shoreman905Also, it was a real treat to see a stage 15 grow.
Yes, Exactry!! ;D
I thing that a existence of buildings of stage-15(or I$r-7,I$dmh10) is very exciting ;)

@Stewart_garden
I know your some concern very well me too ;)
I don't know well that the last total picture of CAM now yet.
(Will we need how many datas at final.)

However, I think that too, This great MODD "CAM" is one of big new entrance of SC4 which evolved.
and It will accomplish true evolution by our hand(BATs).
It will be multifarious for each users.

dioangel

HOOOOOOLLLY COW!!!!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o :o That's some Mod I EVER SEEN!

Barby - Can I test it too please??  ;D

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

schooner2

Wow, this is amazing!!!!  A mighty thumbs up to all who made this possible   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:!!
"Proclaiming your religion, race, ethnicity, gender just cheapens your image.  After all, aren't we all just human?"  - Anonymous

Mayor Abe

When will it Release? how far into development are you?
The government should be afraid of its people. any other way is a dictatorship
"Free people and Free Markets" Wall Street Journal editorial philosophy
The views of any one group should not be imposed upon people as a whole (that means You, religious right wingers)

jplumbley

Quote from: Mayor Abe on June 11, 2007, 07:32:47 PM
When will it Release? how far into development are you?

Ummm.... whats the rush?  We want to have something that works right?  There have been many challenges to overcome and the BETA Testing has provided us with the information needed to fix many of them.  But there is no release date set for a public release.

It will take a few months just to convert many of the old Lots released by various Custom Content Creators who have given their blessings.  These are currently in the works.  Unfortunately, its ALOT of buildings.  All th eprop packs you have seen recently on the SC4D LEX are all the creators that have given their blessings and we continue to see more support for CAM from new creators every week!

"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

BarbyW

Having gone from a beta 3 to the latest v8 you can see that testing has been going on for some time. Ripplejet will be away for a month so the final testing can be completed and hopefully if there are no serious problems reported it should be released at the end of July. Many of the lots that are currently growing at stage 8 will need to be revised to new stages with new stats. The old lots will not be edited but new ones will need to be made. What we would recommend in that situation is that you remove the old lots and just keep the models. That is one reason why we are happy with the co-operation from some of the BATters of skyscrapers who have agreed to the making of packs of their models.  For those who have not given permission for this approach it will mean collecting single files from mainly the STEX but also from some of the Japanese sites.
I am hoping that over the coming few weeks I can post some of the CAM lots to the LEX with a list of all the models you will need to collect to make sure you avoid brown boxes - and huge ones at that ;D - when the CAM is released.
Another reason for delaying the release of the CAM is that we are also testing out Wou's new tool which will be needed to accurately make CAM lots. This is an incredible program but it is still being developed and refined and is another thing that will not be hurried. No one wants a half finished program with any bugs :thumbsdown: so it will be ready when it is ready.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Mayor Abe

The government should be afraid of its people. any other way is a dictatorship
"Free people and Free Markets" Wall Street Journal editorial philosophy
The views of any one group should not be imposed upon people as a whole (that means You, religious right wingers)

RippleJet

Quote from: dioangel on June 11, 2007, 04:36:28 PM
Can I test it too please??  ;D

Beta testing is on the final lap now, so you will soon be able to test version 1.0 :thumbsup:

Quote from: Mayor Abe on June 12, 2007, 05:48:58 AM
Oh. Sorry for rushing.

Don't mention it, Abe. We are indeed aiming at releasing version 1.0 by the end on July ;)
Actually development on version 1.1 has started as well :)

bixel

Radikal Beans! This is a great acheivement. So I am assuming this is just more LOT and .DAT properties that have been discovered, since there is no modification to the game engine itself the CAM is just utilizing features that were ignored in the game engine?

RippleJet

Quote from: bixel on June 12, 2007, 10:54:09 AM
Radikal Beans! This is a great acheivement. So I am assuming this is just more LOT and .DAT properties that have been discovered, since there is no modification to the game engine itself the CAM is just utilizing features that were ignored in the game engine?

There are a few properties that were reserved by Maxis to cater for the additional stages.
In addition to taking them into use, a lot of other properties have been tweaked in order to achieve a smooth development from stage 1 through to stage 15.

The second, equally important step in order to make the CAM fully functional, is to fill these upper stages with custom content.
And for this purpose I am especially glad to find you here, Bixel! ::)

Lots for these new stages introduced by the CAM are called CAMeLots, and I see a lot of potential CAMeLots based on your buildings! :thumbsup:
Especially since we do have a need for residential CAMeLots at the moment... I'll send you a PM about CAMeLot making!

Btw, welcome to SC4D, Bixel! :)

dioangel

wow thank you RippleJet!!!  &apls  ;D

Barby - OOooo New stuff along with the CAM weeehe!!  :thumbsup: ;D

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."

BarbyW

Linda: not so much new stuff but new lots with old BATs. $%Grinno$% These can now be in better growth stages than the stage 8 most of them were in.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

dioangel

Barby - Coool! New and old seems excellent to me!  :thumbsup: can't wait to try it.  :)

MAS71

-- A report of 50 years of a Default-City  and a CAM-City  --

Hi all ;)
Now, We CAMster (tester of CAM) continue testing it fot completion the CAM1.0 for public.
And perhaps it will be the last test if it will have no problems. ;)
I can't wait a July me too!! ;D

Well,
I want all of you to watch this little report about a difference of Default-City and CAM-City today. ;)

Before,
I remove all of RCI-Buildings from one city which grew up.

and I watched this city in each two ways of states. (Default and with CAM)

- 20 years later -
<a href="http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/289/cam820ky7.jpg"></a>
(Click image to full size)

- 50 years later -
<a href="http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9099/cam850bo1.jpg"></a>
A "Default-City" was stop a development about 30 years later.
however,  Development of "CAM-City" continues  about 45 years !!

- A result after 50 years of each city -
<a href="http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/1376/cam8finalan7.gif"></a>
You can see a difference of development each city.
A difference of "Default-City" and "CAM-City" is clear at a glance !!

For BETA of CAM.
We using about 70 of C$ and R$ Test-LOTs now.
(These are LOTs for tests to the last.)
Therefore a kind of a building to appear is entrusted to the number of CAMelot.

I don't know how many CAMElots will made on finally.
Perhaps I think that you would look at a very than these lively cities. ;)

Thank you.

RippleJet

Masuda-san! This is the best report I've seen! &apls
It is very visually showing what the CAM will provide for skyscraper builders! ()stsfd()

shoreman905

Way to go Masuda!!! That was a great way to illustrate the difference between Vanilla SC4 and CAM SC4. And that was a great idea to compare the two.  &apls

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

MAS71

Thank you Ripplejet , Shoreman905 and Mightygoose !!

I think that I want a lot of people to understand pleasure and splendor of CAM!! :D
And the true figure will confirm with eyes of your own at July ;)

dioangel

BigSlark

I would just like to thank everyone who has put so much work into CAM and I cannot wait to get my hands on it next month.

Cheers,
Kevin