• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluebeard

Goddess,
   Might I suggest you do a update and remove the Japanese files.Thanx :)

BarbyW

Just delete the lots that need the Japanese BATs if you can't find the models, BB. I won't be offended.  $%Grinno$%
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

BarbyW

For those who do want to collect the Japanese models:
http://raika-s.hp.infoseek.co.jp/ on this link if you click English on the left you will find things a bit easier. Only the Commercial page you need The Mitsubishi Crystal Mall and Kirishima Iolite Spire. To download click on the name above the picture.
On this link http://www.yuhisa.com/cgi/c-board/c-board.cgi?cmd=one;page=17;id= click All View at the top and scroll down the page to find Integriculture and then go to page 3 to find Velascoma - this is a 15MB download so delete this one if you are on dial up ;D

sarjm

Please note that Raika's site doesn't work correctly with Firefox (no scrollbars) so you'll need IE.

S.

BarbyW

dioangel

thank you soooo much barby!!!  &apls

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

snorrelli

As far as I know all the Japanese files on the list are accessible out there. KS's site is down at the moment but Barby and co. have organized all his models into mega packs that are available here...

If anybody has any trouble finding anything, post it here and I'll be happy to help.
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

jimmymac

I have a question, given that the CAM is adjusting the values for the Maxis buildings, will those buildings no longer be affected by the No Maxis mod that was released a few weeks ago?

The other question I have, which is more of a request almost is this; would it be possible, once the CAM is out, to release a cleanitol file that would remove the origional LOT files for the buildings that are used? This would then give people the option to either keep the models or remove them. I understand if this isn't possible as I know it would add a lot of work for whoever has to put it together.

Stu

sarjm

@jimmymac,
The cleanitol file would be a huge task as some models are used in more than one lot. As an example, I looked at 12 original zip files, they included 25 lots (Growable, Ploppable plus variations). You then have lots using that model but made by other people. You can see where this is going. After all that, Barbyw has probably done it already.  :D

S.

BarbyW

sarjm; it would indeed be a huge task and as most of the lots concerned are just in zips not in installers it is easy to just take the model without the original lots. For those who already have them then it is more difficult as they will have to find and remove them themselves if they want to do that.

RippleJet

Hello everybody!
...just popping in using my laptop... situated in Brussels at the moment :)

First of all, thank you Barby for replying to all questions above! :thumbsup:

Regarding Maxis lots:
The CAM reassigns the stage for several of them, all industrial lots and several stage 7 and 8 residential and commerial office lots.
The only ones untouched are the Maxis CS lots.
All lots that have been reassigned will only grow in their new growth stage. However, any existing lots will remain.
No relotting has taken place, so the Maxis lots are still as "dull" as originally.

Regarding the industrial buildings, they have also been given new occupancies.
In oher words, if the CAM is installed in an existing city, the industrial capacity of that city will change (increase).
This will not crash any city, it will work like the Industrial Quadrupler (which is incompatible with the CAM).
All occupancies are set in accordance with the formulas developed for Wouanagaine's X Tool.

Quote from: snorrelli on July 08, 2007, 08:32:57 PM
As far as I know all the Japanese files on the list are accessible out there. KS's site is down at the moment but Barby and co. have organized all his models into mega packs that are available here...

If anybody has any trouble finding anything, post it here and I'll be happy to help.

Thanks Patrick!
The only Japanese files that have not been uploaded as mega packs on the BSC LEX are in fact those by Raika.
We were never able to contact him, seems to be MIA. :(

Quote from: jimmymac on July 09, 2007, 01:51:47 AM
I have a question, given that the CAM is adjusting the values for the Maxis buildings, will those buildings no longer be affected by the No Maxis mod that was released a few weeks ago?

The BSC Block Maxis available on the LEX is CAMpatible, if loaded after the CAM.
DuskTrooper's Block Maxis is not CAMpatible, since that would change the industrial capacity of existing buildings as well.

jimmymac

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I understand about the cleanitol, I kind of figured that it would be a huge undertaking, and given everything you all have going on I wasn't expecting it, but still, can't blame a guy for trying, lol.

I switched to the BSC no maxis as soon as it was released, so i'm glad to hear that it will work.

Bluebeard

Thanx Goddess for the quick reply. :thumbsup:

Also thanx to also who are working on CAM.This awesome add-on is greatly appreciated and it will give our cities a whole new look.Thanx :)

sarjm

Further to jimmymac's question about  a cleanitol file for the original lots, I have attached a txt file with all the original lots (200+).Obviously it can be edited to suit individual needs. This list was built using the top part of the RemoveListCAMModels.txt and does not include references to lots using the SC4Model files in the prop-packs which are on the LEX. e.g. SOMY, APTX etc.

S.
-Edit-
Turned out not to be such a major thing as I first thought. Just extracted all into one folder and used Supercat to catalogue them. Then did search by extension and saved result list as txt.

BarbyW

Wow, thanks, sarjm. I'm sure that will be a help for a lot of people.

jimmymac

Thank you very very much sarjm. You have my upmost respect and appriciation.  :thumbsup:

BigSlark

Thank you sarjm! I, too, appreciate your hard work.

Barby, is there any chance this could be put on the LEX or added to a CAM FAQ?

Cheers, Kevin

BarbyW

I will put it into a zip and post it to the LEX if that is OK with sarjm.

sarjm

BarbyW

File uploaded. Thanks again.