• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

Hello Barby and all the rest of the CAM team,

I am unable to find the download like on the Sim Board, the link given in the CAM Cleanitol File is as follows:
http://www.yuhisa.com/cgi/c-board/c-board.cgi?cmd=one;page=17;id=

What am I missing on this page? I am unable to find a link to a download here.

Also, several of the dependency's model files are DAT's and not SC4MODEL's, does that matter at all?

I've got every other CAM dependency but this one-I need help!

Thanks!

Cheers,
Kevin

snorrelli

@BigSlark: If Google Language Tools can be trusted, I think there is heavy demand for the file during a specific time period and it has been made temporarily unavailable... ()what()

You might try back later...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

BigSlark

So the server has been overloaded due to CAM preparations? That stinks, I'll have to find the lot and delete it now.

Cheers,
Kevin

TheTeaCat

@BigSlark

I just followed the link and it seems to be ok.

If you click on the (All View) it changes a bit like the lex and at least you can see the lots.

Everyone I just clicked on downloaded no probs

I hope that helps

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

BigSlark

Thanks TTC, since I know the name of the .zip now, I googled for "modcoruscant1.zip" and the only result took me right to the page. If anyone else is having this problem I hope it helps.

Cheers,
Kevin

BarbyW

On page 11 I posted a how to for the Japanese models. The LEX has not been affected by demand for the CAMeLots but it seems as though the Japanese sites have had bandwidth problems.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Mayor Abe

Has an exact date been pinpointed for release?
The government should be afraid of its people. any other way is a dictatorship
"Free people and Free Markets" Wall Street Journal editorial philosophy
The views of any one group should not be imposed upon people as a whole (that means You, religious right wingers)

RippleJet

Not yet, depends on how soon I can get the readme written. ::)
But it won't last too long... $%Grinno$%

BigSlark

*Patiently Waiting*  /wrrd%&

Cheers,
Kevin

Bluebeard

thundercrack83

Quote from: BigSlark on July 18, 2007, 04:56:58 PM
*Patiently Waiting*  /wrrd%&

Cheers,
Kevin

I second this thought...

Quote from: Bluebeard on July 19, 2007, 05:36:37 AM
The wait will be worth it. :thumbsup:

...and this one!

Great work, everyone. Though I haven't quite figured out the complexities of this yet, I do look forward to playing around with it.

Mayor Abe

Certainly. I cant wait to see some of my cities after this mod. &apls &apls &apls &apls
The government should be afraid of its people. any other way is a dictatorship
"Free people and Free Markets" Wall Street Journal editorial philosophy
The views of any one group should not be imposed upon people as a whole (that means You, religious right wingers)

dioangel

*waiting for the awsome event in LEX*

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

sumwonyuno

To All,

I think I have all the needed dependencies for all the CAMeLots available for download.  However, I have found a problem with two lots; I don't know if it's just me and wonder if other people experienced it too.

When I did the plopalllots cheat to see all the new buildings and if there were missing items, I found two empty lots that had the base lot, and props, but no building.  I narrowed the lots to IM$$7_6x5_The Crumbly Cheese Factory_84081cba and R$$$9_6x4_ SeaView Tower 2_a40ad9a7.  When I tried plopping each lot individually with lotplop, there was no semi-transparent preview, and when plopped, the game crashed.  All other lots work.

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

dioangel

what program your using??  ??? I didn't noticed anything..

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

BarbyW

Sparky Gowne made the following comment in one of the CAM upload sets.
QuoteThe dependency documention in the readme files are *all* incomplete. I am currently working on getting everything documented but there are some I just can't find. **PLEASE** I humbly beg you, use SC4Tool (found at http://kurier.simcityplaza.de/details.php?file=315), use the "Analyser/Importer" to load up each of your lots, then use that to document the dependencies. Then update the readme! :)

I spent hours doing the Readmes via SC4Tool and made sure the links were all correct. It seems as though there are dependencies missing from some of the original lots but you only need to keep the models for CAM. In fact you are better off only keeping the models as that way you will not have buildings growing in lower growth stages.
I have no intention of redoing these as not only have I checked them and the only dependencies needed for the CAMeLots are correct but I also provided Cleanitol files and a master list for them.

High5Tower

Understand the situation Barbyw and have all my ducks in a row for the CAM. Fun news today, in one of my cities two of my residentials matured into stage 8 camelots! I now have a R$$ Stage 8 Royale 4x3 and a R$$$ Stage 8 Fortune Serrene 6x3. I'am gazed. :thumbsup:

BarbyW

high5Tower: you seem to be definitely ready for the later stages then :thumbsup: I'm now nagging ripplejet to get the boring packaging side done then you can all try it out.

BarbyW

Quote from: sumwonyuno on July 21, 2007, 07:58:58 PM
To All,

I think I have all the needed dependencies for all the CAMeLots available for download.  However, I have found a problem with two lots; I don't know if it's just me and wonder if other people experienced it too.

When I did the plopalllots cheat to see all the new buildings and if there were missing items, I found two empty lots that had the base lot, and props, but no building.  I narrowed the lots to IM$$7_6x5_The Crumbly Cheese Factory_84081cba and R$$$9_6x4_ SeaView Tower 2_a40ad9a7.  When I tried plopping each lot individually with lotplop, there was no semi-transparent preview, and when plopped, the game crashed.  All other lots work.

I found errors with both those lots and have a) updated the packs for new downloaders and b) uploaded a correction patch for those of you who have already downloaded the packs.
Please let me know if you find any more errors. Sorry about this but with so many lots one or two are bound to slip through the net.

sumwonyuno

Thank you BarbyW for resolving the problems!

I'm gonna go get the updates later [sleepy tonite and busy tomorrow], see if the empty lots are filled, and check for the nth if there are any other problems I can find  :P

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!