• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diggis

Quote from: Bluebeard on July 25, 2007, 06:50:58 AM
JM I think it's great that this mini guide for Cam is getting written but now I gotta go shopping for a printer or will this be available in paperback?. :thumbsup:

You mean you bought the only new computer not bundled with a free printer/scanner/fax machine/elevator/walkie talkie?

Bluebeard

Well besides the pc I did buy the Never Crapper 2000.Now I don't need to leave the computer when mother nature calls. :thumbsup:

cammo2003

Quote from: Rayden on July 25, 2007, 06:25:14 AM
This mod it's going to make what the MAxis didn't with the Rush Hour, testing your ability to build networks to hold all this population. ;)

That's what I figured.

@ Diggis: some of us custom build.  :P

Sounds like I'm going to spend a bit more time tweaking the capacities of my central stations, then. I've already tweaked most of the major terminals I have to near 100,000.

Diggis

True cammo, but I know that BB didn't  :P

BTW guys, this looks very exciting, I'm just debating whether I want to reinstall my plugins.  &mmm Again.

thundercrack83

22-page read-me or not, I'm very excited! If I'm honest, I'll need the read-me just to figure out how to make it work!

Pat

Quote from: jmyers2043 on July 25, 2007, 06:29:45 AM
Perhaps there will be two readme's? An installation readme and a strategy guide type of readme? I've not seen any drafts so I am probably speaking out of turn.

I think instead of calling the it 2 read-mes it should be a Readme install and CAM tutorial...
Anyways Im looking forward to see what else happens here - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Personally it could be 100+ pages and I'd read every word. I've noticed in the past that when I didn't read the read me I had problems and when I did read the read me I didn't. And anyhow its called a read me for a reason inst it?
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

sebes

You're right on that Teacat!   "$Deal"$

I recommend reading (at least printing ) RippleJets 22 pages. When testing the CAM my main problem was that information needed to proper play the game and understand the changes was scattered over many pages on a CAM thread, not making it easy to find back what you are looking for... 
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

thundercrack83

Quote from: sebes on July 25, 2007, 01:01:13 PM
You're right on that Teacat!   "$Deal"$

I recommend reading (at least printing ) RippleJets 22 pages. When testing the CAM my main problem was that information needed to proper play the game and understand the changes was scattered over many pages on a CAM thread, not making it easy to find back what you are looking for... 

That's a good idea. I'll definitely be printing it out when it's all said and done!

Quote from: patfirefghtr on July 25, 2007, 12:19:42 PM
I think instead of calling the it 2 read-mes it should be a Readme install and CAM tutorial...

That's also a good idea. If a 22-page read-me is necessary, I'd say a tutorial probably is, too! But, that's just my opinion.

RippleJet

Well, I've just sent a 27-page manual to Barby for reading... and posting it on the BSC board at the moment...

And yes, it's more like a manual than a readme, but including instructions for the installation. ()stsfd()

BarbyW

I have read it and it is simple enough for those who don't want or need the extra information but detailed enough for the ones who do. The important parts are the installation and non CAMpatible mods. It is very clear and concise so don't worry about it being overwhelming.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

dioangel

Quote from: thundercrack83 on July 25, 2007, 11:01:14 AM
22-page read-me or not, I'm very excited! If I'm honest, I'll need the read-me just to figure out how to make it work!

Me too!  :thumbsup:

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

BigSlark

Well, well RippleJet. I'm very, very, VERY happy to hear you're finished with the ReadMe.

So, does this mean that CAM Public Release 1.0 close?

Cheers,
Kevin

dioangel

good question bigslark!  ;D Is the CAM going to release sometime this week?  ;D ;D

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

jmyers2043

I am with Barby on this as I've just read the draft. Most important part is the removal of non-compatible mods. And there are a couple of installation options that you'll want to consider. There are some charts and tables for the detail oriented.

I don't want to build the CAM up too much because some may be un-impressed.  I can say that I've been playing since beta 5. I'll not go back to Rush Hour even if I only have CAM beta 8 for the rest of my SimCity life. There are some subtle and some not so subtle changes in game play that have made things fresh and new.  The game is the same but it is different.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

Ohhh WOW Jmyers by what you said makes me ummm reallly want CAM... I cant wait to have it...
How hard is it to make a building compliant to CAM anyways???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

Basically to make a building CAMpatible requires Wou's new X Tool but that is delayed due to a severe case of RLS.
What I can offer to do is to make a desc and basic lot - just the building on Maxis textures - if a model is sent to me and return it for lotting and release by the originator. This is only until Wou can finish the program for final release.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Pat

Ahh ok kewl thank you Barby for the quick response  &apls &apls &apls

MAS71

Quote from: Ripplejet sanWell, I've just sent a 27-page manual to Barby for reading... and posting it on the BSC board at the moment...

And yes, it's more like a manual than a readme, but including instructions for the installation.

:o Wow !! :o A manual over 27-pages!?
I feel faint when the huge work is imagined. /wrrd%&
I'm sorry to I can't help to your work.
however, I'll try to announce all of tihs greatest mod CAM to my country with japanese!! :)

&apls Thank you very much Ripplejet san , Barby san , and lot of great CAM's staffs !! &apls

Bluebeard

Here is nutty idea.
  Since this is like a expansion then why not stick in a nice little package and sell it.So not only do folks have CAM all together the site can live on from the sales.Just a thought. :thumbsup: