• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

bb with the good thoughts,:thumbsup: so is it possible?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jplumbley

Quote from: Bluebeard on July 26, 2007, 08:21:51 AM
Here is nutty idea.
  Since this is like a expansion then why not stick in a nice little package and sell it.So not only do folks have CAM all together the site can live on from the sales.Just a thought. :thumbsup:

Two words.  Copyright Law.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

RippleJet

Well, the CAM is too small to put on a disc.
But include the NAM and all CAMeLots (with dependencies) and we would fill a dvd...

And call it SC 4½ ;D

Quote from: jplumbley on July 26, 2007, 11:34:08 AM
Two words.  Copyright Law.

Yeah, if it was sold... but it could be given for free, as a "thank you for your donation"... I think I've seen that arrangement somewhere else... ::)

Bluebeard

Yes a Thank-you Gift sounds excellent and keeps everyone out of prison. :thumbsup:

JoeST

if you include every "official" CAMelot then i would "donate" to it
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

snorrelli

Quote from: RippleJet on July 26, 2007, 11:50:53 AM
Well, the CAM is too small to put on a disc.
But include the NAM and all CAMeLots (with dependencies) and we would fill a dvd...

And call it SC 4½ ;D

Yeah, if it was sold... but it could be given for free, as a "thank you for your donation"... I think I've seen that arrangement somewhere else... ::)

Superb idea...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

RippleJet

Getting closer...

The 28 pages long CAM 1.0 Manual is attached to this post.
Thus everybody can have a chance to read it before getting a chance to install the game! ;D

Sober

Awesome! Now I just have to get my region's population there...

:thumbsup:

vester

RippleJet: For easy finding maybe you should also attach it to the first post in this thread or start a new thread: CAM - Colossus Addon Mod, the Manual.

BigSlark

Sweet! Thank you RippleJet! I've just skimmed through it, and it seems that even development over a region will allow it keep a rural feeling for a very, very long time.

I can't wait for the release...

Cheers,
Kevin

shoreman905

Good point Sober, this is most definately a regional mod. Single city development will not get you the results you are looking for. When testing I tried never to play the same city twice in a row (although that was hard when CAM8-1 started zooming up). I also made sure to grow some agricultural cities, as JMyers, D66 and Cnut have added some really nice farms. Moving around kept the game fresh each day as well.

mightygoose

just read it start to finish, fantastic cheers ripplejet. is there any particular way i should install the NAM to ensure no conflict with pathfinding or does the CAM just override.... thats the impression i got but i would like clarification on that point.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

RippleJet

The pathfinding plugin that's included in the CAM will override the one installed by NAM as long as the one from CAM is loaded later.
The installer will put the CAM into folder a_CAM and the pathfinding in folder z_CAM. Thus, only if you move the folders yourself will the loading sequence screw up. ;)

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Sober

About the Eternal Commuters situation:

currently my region tiles are in a Z pattern (like the tetris piece), but let's say I start another city and create a 4-city tile square. I get what it's trying to say, so just to be sure, this problem should only happen if I connect all four cities to each other near the corners? It says connecting A and B and/or C and D is fine, but don't do B and C or D and A, but what about let's say, connecting near a halfway point (or at least much further from the tile's corners), then is connecting A -> B -> C ->D acceptable?

Also I may have a handful of Cobb's and DT's lots that I'm pretty sure are in the CAM that I left the original lots in my plugins folder that I didn't move out or delete the .sc4lot files yet and have already grown. Also, what about stage 8 buildings from Maxis already grown in my cities? Should I demolish them or just let them be?

RippleJet

Quote from: Sober on July 26, 2007, 04:04:59 PM
let's say I start another city and create a 4-city tile square. I get what it's trying to say, so just to be sure, this problem should only happen if I connect all four cities to each other near the corners? It says connecting A and B and/or C and D is fine, but don't do B and C or D and A, but what about let's say, connecting near a halfway point (or at least much further from the tile's corners), then is connecting A -> B -> C ->D acceptable?

Yes, if you want to connect all four cities, the border connections should be as far away from the common corner as possible. ;)

Also I may have a handful of Cobb's and DT's lots that I'm pretty sure are in the CAM that I left the original lots in my plugins folder that I didn't move out or delete the .sc4lot files yet and have already grown.

You need to keep all lots of buildings that have already grown, of course!
The CAMeLots on LEX all have unique TGI's and will not replace any existing lots that have grown as stage 8.

Also, what about stage 8 buildings from Maxis already grown in my cities? Should I demolish them or just let them be?

Nothing happens to existing stage 8 Maxis lots. They will still be standing and fully functional even after installing the CAM. :thumbsup:

Sober

Alright thanks! Looks like when the CAM is out I'll be all ready and prepared.

bendy

Hi,

I'm just going through the CAM manual in heady anticipation of it's release. I have one small question about the Census Drives table though. The I-R column is as follows:

R$$$  0%
R$$   (1%)
R$     20%

Why is the R$ entry 20% instead of 100%. Aren't farms like CS$ and ID where all their workers are low income? Where do the other 80% of workers come from? I checked the original thread linked in the manual and it also has the 20% value but no explanation of why it is different.

Great idea putting some R$$ into all work types too. I can't think of any workplace that doesn't need at least some middle class to work in management etc.

good work!

bendy

JoeST

well im going camping in the rain, so ill be reading it good and proper

thanks

JOe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Diggis