• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: bendy on July 26, 2007, 07:00:16 PM
Why is the R$ entry 20% instead of 100%. Aren't farms like CS$ and ID where all their workers are low income? Where do the other 80% of workers come from? I checked the original thread linked in the manual and it also has the 20% value but no explanation of why it is different.

I do not have an extensive answer to that. Farming is handled differently than the other RCI types. :-\
If you look at the workforce drives you will also see that uneducated poor sims demand a lot more than 100% farming jobs...

One explanation to this might be the fact that not only the farm houses provide jobs. There are jobs in the fields as well (1 per tile).
Maybe the actual number of jobs a farm offers is 20% of the sum of the farm house itself and all fields that belong to it...

cdesvar

I m %confuso the readme is done. has the CAM been uploaded yet? i can't wait. and  :thumbsup:

BarbyW

CAM should be uploaded early next week. Ripplejet is away for the weekend.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Rafonc

Great work guys. I have read the readme and now i know how big is the difference and how much better will game be  :) We all have been waiting to test this few months,so just a few days isnt much ;)
I am now waiting CAM to start a new region and see how this works.
:thumbsup:

hydra

Having to say that I was not happy with this mod because i got a bug from one of the links and i had to reinstall windows and all my work i have download like satrcraft simcity4 GTA SA stuff and now it's going to take time to get it all back.

But overall this Mod it great.

BigSlark

Quote from: hydra on July 27, 2007, 09:23:06 PM
Having to say that I was not happy with this mod because i got a bug from one of the links and i had to reinstall windows and all my work i have download like satrcraft simcity4 GTA SA stuff and now it's going to take time to get it all back.

But overall this Mod it great.

As in a virus? I've downloaded and used all CAM files that have been released and have had none of my Anti-Virus or Spyware scanners go off...

Could you tell us what happened over in Technical Help?

Cheers,
Kevin

bixel

well guys I am pretty excited about CAM. I cant wait to get both the Island Harbourview and the Olympian City Mall rendered and exported for the 1st official CAM BATs (at least from the HongKongAsianBatTeam). Indeed these are some of the biggest BATs I have made in a while. Their capacity numbers are worthy of CAM.

Meanwhile I have uploaded a new building over at Simtropolis just for something new. BarbyW, if you want to CAM it (since I don't have the CAM tool yet) go ahead. The capacity numbers will only be slightly higher than the ones I've used, prolly around 5,000+/- capacity, and I suggest it to be stage 8/9. Anyway hopefully I will get Island Harbourview done soon.  :satisfied:

TheTeaCat

Well done on the Read Me.  &apls

Very clear and easy to understand. Thank you all for all of your hard work over the past few months. I know that many many people will appreciate this, I being one of them. It is really going to revolutionise the game and bring back all the excitement of seeing the new stages growing.

On behalf of all the Lurkers - Thank you very much ;)

Regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

BarbyW

Thanks, bixel. I'll go and get it and make a new CAM lot so that your original is not overwritten. Until Wou finishes the X Tool if you want CAMeLots making send me the model by email - PM me for my email address - and I will return a basic lot. That is a lot with just the building on and the desc with CAM stats. Then you can lot it and upload it.
That offer goes for anyone who makes BATs. :thumbsup:

Bluebeard

Do you have to go full blown CAM?.
   The part of CAM that has me interested is the Industry and Farm lots.Thanx

zero7

Quote from: BarbyW on July 28, 2007, 07:12:24 AM
Thanks, bixel. I'll go and get it and make a new CAM lot so that your original is not overwritten. Until Wou finishes the X Tool if you want CAMeLots making send me the model by email - PM me for my email address - and I will return a basic lot. That is a lot with just the building on and the desc with CAM stats. Then you can lot it and upload it.
That offer goes for anyone who makes BATs. :thumbsup:

A quick question about X-Tool.  Is it a single program incorporating PIM and LE or are there two separate programs?  I'm just thinking that if CAM is about to be released it would be good to get PIM-X out into the community as it is important for correct occupancy values etc.  Are we waiting for the (very nice, but not as important) LE functionality to be finished before X-Tool gets released or is everything too integrated for an early PIM only release?

Call me Richard

BarbyW

It is a single program incorporating all the functions of PIM and eventually LE. At the moment the LE function is limited to a preview only. There are also other odds and ends that need tidying before public release and we can't hurry wouanagaine. I can ask Wou if he will release the latest beta but he also wants to provide an extensive manual so that the community can get the most out of it. We shall see what we can do but until then I am more than happy to make descriptors and basic lots for anyone.

zero7

Quote from: BarbyW on July 28, 2007, 09:58:54 AM
We shall see what we can do but until then I am more than happy to make descriptors and basic lots for anyone.

That's fine.  It's far better that it's fully tested than it is released at the same time as CAM.  Looks like you'll be busy making desc files for people for a little while  ;D

Call me Richard

shoreman905

@BB CAM will operate just like your regular plugins. You will need the CAM 1.0 files, but then you can put any CAMpatable lot into your plugins. What you don't have can't grow. So, if you like the great farming lots by JMyers,D66 and CNut, only put those into you plugins, any industrial or commercial CAMeLots you desire can be there as well. The only required files will be the main mod, CAM 1.0. I have set up CAM rural, CAM urban and CAM industrial folders which I DatPacked and then shuffle into a city depending on what I wish to grow there. Once you get to experimenting, you will find your own system.

Bluebeard

Thanx Shoreman.
  I guess the idea of reading 20 plus pages kinda tossed me overboard. ;)

BarbyW

A note to bixel ;D your Seaview Tower has made into a stage 13 R$$ on a 3x8 lot. It has 13573 R$$ and 24587 R$ when dilapidated. I would like your permission to upload this with the model to the LEX in your name.

bixel

@ BarbyW Whoa those are pretty high numbers, relative to actual HK occupancy my buildings are actually double that for reasons of fitting high sim population in small areas, however 13,000 is too much - its about triple realistic view, I'd say 9,500 tops, there are several buildings I have - like the TaiYuan series that needs to be updated, those numbers should be higher about 9000 for the 6x6 13000+ for the 8x6 and about 8000 for the 3x8. Arch, Harbourside should be slightly higher than the Seaview, about 1000+ more.

The very big ones, MetroCityII and upcoming Island Harbouview will have staggering numbers about 13,000+ on up. Also even though Seaview Crescent is very tall, it occupies a small space 4x8 so this should be a stage 9-10 building, in my view. But that is only because the upcoming projects are so large.

Adjust the numbers and stage slightly and then upload it as a CAM. :D

BarbyW

The figures generated by the X tool are based on the filling degree of the building within the LOD box. The stage is calculated on the occupancy per tile so for this building I set the filling degree to a lower percentage than it really appears to have and obtained an occupancy of R$$ 10380 with 18803 R$ when dilapidated. This computed to a stage 12 on a lot of 3x8. By making the lot bigger I can reduce the growth stage. I am happy with it being stage 12 but if you would like a bigger lot and a lower growth stage I can do that. I did test the old Liberte and that actually comes out as a Stage 11 as the overall size of the footprint is big but the actual building volume is low.
We all have to rethink how we allocate stages etc as the Maxis standard is based on occupancy per tile so bigger lots become lower stages for the same building. The occupancy per building is based on the amount the building fills the imaginary box that holds the building. For a building like Seaview Crescent that nearly fills the box you will get a higher occupancy than Liberte which has only a small portion of the box that is building. The X tool generates figures very much in line with Maxis PIM for occupancy but in the X tool you can adjust more accurately by adjusting the filling degree instead of best guessing. The X tool also generates an accurate lot at the correct stage unlike LE where you are left to your own devices ;D

snorrelli

Hey - I was just installing all the CAMelots in preparation for the big release and I have a quick question...

The CAM affects only growable lots and only growable lots are included in the CAMelot sets that have been released, correct? I just noticed that the Cleanitol remove list for the old lots includes both ploppable and growable versions...
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Sober

Yeah, the CAM cleanitol targets all the growable and ploppable .sc4lot files from the old releases. of course if you really wanted you could keep the ploppables, or even the old growable lots, though that wouldn't work out that well after you have the CAM.