• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

WOW! Its done! Great job, everyone!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

...and I'm at work for another five hours. Life simply isn't fair!  &mmm

Cheers,
Kevin

RippleJet

Quote from: Bluebeard on July 31, 2007, 09:50:57 AM
    So is there a support thread yet for this awesome Mod because a village idot is need of support.Thanx

The CAM has its own board here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=185.0

This thread will be moved over there as soon as our webmaster has unlocked the CAM board. ;)

Bluebeard

zero7

OK, so I guess I'm going to spend this evening starting a new CAM region instead of finishing Trellish Tower ...

Well done to everyone involved for getting this MOD up and running.  The way I play I expect it to be a while until I see any CAM stage lots appearing, but the challenge of a hugely populous region is now on.  It's going to be interesting to watch the difference CAM makes to the patterns of growth.
Call me Richard

JoeST

Just installed it all after reading the manual 4 times over the weekend.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

shoreman905

What a great day. I have been humbled by the experience to being a tester for this game breaking mod. I want to thank all BSC members who have been so kind and understanding. If only the general community could understand the moment to moment communications that have taken place behind the scenes. Members have stepped up and pitched in, taken on jobs that were out of the norm, and made it all fun and memorable. Team play has never been more evident than in a project this large and complicated. Who to thank, first and foremost Ripplejet, the benevolent headmaster who guided us all through, Barby, Lord what a task, done with love for the game (and a gentle hand to a newbie), and all the great lotters, batters and modders who tolerated my constant interuptions and questions. Thanks to all the friends I have made, in the BSC and the community, I remain at your humble service. And last but not least, the SC4D community, your interest and your patience has made this most enjoyable, please enjoy CAM, play it and expand your SC4 horizons....grateful to you all...David G

castironpigeon

I just found this mod: excellent idea. Quick question as I'm not at home now: when you download the installer does that include all the necessary files or do we need to install individual megapacks to make it work?

JoeST

this thread is what you need and also the CAMeLOTS if you want them from the LEX.

joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

SlimShady

What do you suggest the best way to approach this awesome new mod?

Should we start with a clean slate, reinstalling SC4 and removing all dolwloaded buildings we all might have as well as the NAM? Or are we safe to leave these buildings alone and use the cleanitol tool to help with the removal of buildings?

Also should we download the CAMeLot packs that are on sc4devotion in order to get the most from the mod? The ones for the RCI and farms.

Mayor Abe

YES! Finaly. I can't wait to install this and fire up SC4. Good work and congrats to the whole CAM team.
The government should be afraid of its people. any other way is a dictatorship
"Free people and Free Markets" Wall Street Journal editorial philosophy
The views of any one group should not be imposed upon people as a whole (that means You, religious right wingers)

shoreman905

@ castironpigeon You will need the special CAM lots and the prop packs that associate with them. It may seem like a big job, however this mod will change the game for you and all the work will be worth it. Make sure you download the CAM essential file and look for the specially prepared lots to accompany the mod. Please use the cleanital files included in each.
@ SlimShady, a new region dedicated to CAM would be suggested, however the readme has suggestion concerning the introduction of CAM into an established region. The manual and readme is your key to successful operation of CAM, please take the time to go through it.

RippleJet

Thanks Shoreman905 for your reply. :thumbsup:

Quote from: SlimShady on July 31, 2007, 11:59:49 AM
What do you suggest the best way to approach this awesome new mod?

Should we start with a clean slate, reinstalling SC4 and removing all dolwloaded buildings we all might have as well as the NAM? Or are we safe to leave these buildings alone and use the cleanitol tool to help with the removal of buildings?

For best gaming experience I recommend starting over with an empty region. But nothing stops you from installing and using the CAM with an existing region.
Just be sure you read the manual before installing it. ;)

Quote from: SlimShady on July 31, 2007, 11:59:49 AM
Also should we download the CAMeLot packs that are on sc4devotion in order to get the most from the mod? The ones for the RCI and farms.

Yes, since there are very few CAMeLots included in the mod itself you do need to download more of them in order to get a better variety in the upper stages.

Bluebeard

Clean slate here so is there really any need of messing around with the Cleanitol?.Thanx

SlimShady

After reading the manual those were some questions I had. I do plan on starting a new region for this and I would like to thank everyone that was involved for sharing this beautiful gift with us. ;D

RippleJet

Not if the "vista slate" was clean, Bluebeard. :thumbsup:

Bluebeard

Um RJ was that a yes or no?.
    I havn't got the Cleanitol to work so I would really like to skip it.My game has only patches and a few Peg Sky Farms.Thanx

RippleJet

Sorry, Bluebeard. I shouldn't have mentioned your Vista...
If you do a fresh installation with basically nothing in your plugins folders before installing the CAM, you do not need to run the Cleanitol. ;)

And good luck with the CAM! :thumbsup:

Bluebeard

No need to be sorry RJ.You and the rest of the SC4D members have made my Vista pain a little easier to take so off to explore CAM and thanx again for all the help. :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

OK! OK! OK! Outstanding! Outstanding! Outstanding!

This has just made my day! I'm going to download it now! Congratulations and many thanks to all who have labored on such an amazing project for such a long time! You guys are the greatest! Did I mention this was outstanding?

jmdude1

Ive just read through this topic from start to finish and i have also read the readme file.  this sounds like quiet an amazing project for all involved, as well as us click and download people. great work has been done by all. i do have a couple of general questions though, ive just started a new region with an intricate transportation system between some city maps (i use 1 city square for downtown with some high density res. and another city square for industry/res and the rest for res/low density com.) and i was wondering how this will effect the eternal commuters situation? my city connections arent gernerally close to the corners but there are a couple. also, my main downtown city with high density res. is already built up. i dont mind rezoning it all for this mod but is this advisable? maybe i could just let the empty city run for 5 yrs. to let the numbers reset themselves to zero?  i just dont want to lose my transport networks and other eye candy stuff such as seawalls and stuff which took a long time to place. thanks a lot for all your hard work and help!