• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

le_harv

Quote from: star.torturer on August 03, 2007, 05:00:37 AM
i dont think campatability matters with transport buildings

though of course i may be wrong

Joe

I sort of threw that in at the last minute because it dawned on me that it changes the traffic and makes some buildings larger capacity (?) meaning things like train stations and hospitals would never be able to meet demand unless modified to fit the CAM structure?

Quote from: shoreman905 on August 03, 2007, 05:01:46 AM
Quite correct, or civic buildings either.

I was mid post, so there would be no need to alter capacities or anything like that? EDIT: Didn't realise you have used it extensively already! So hypothetically if I were to get a shiny new GLR station from the STEX or LEX I could just plop it in (the nicely organised of course) plug ins folder with no modification for a CAM game?

JoeST

no, well only to make them suit the larger cappacitys of standard buildings lol, but no
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

Quote from: le_harv on August 03, 2007, 04:56:50 AM
I took a 'gap year' away from SC4 and amazed at the development that happened in this time.

You came back just in time... hope you will enjoy the game at least as much as before! :thumbsup:

Quote from: le_harv on August 03, 2007, 05:04:54 AM
I sort of threw that in at the last minute because it dawned on me that it changes the traffic and makes some buildings larger capacity (?) meaning things like train stations and hospitals would never be able to meet demand unless modified to fit the CAM structure?

Yes, the capacity of (especially) in-game stations will probably prove to be too small if you aim at stage 15 buildings.
We have been pondering the question. Whether we will make a mod that increases the capacities of in-game stations, or release custom stations with higher capacities remains to be seen. In any case, there should be custom stations available already with higher capacities!

Quote from: le_harv on August 03, 2007, 05:04:54 AM
So hypothetically if I were to get a shiny new GLR station from the STEX or LEX I could just plop it in (the nicely organised of course) plug ins folder with no modification for a CAM game?

It will function, no question about it. Then, it is up to yourself if you want to mod it and increase its capacity. ::)

Quote from: le_harv on August 03, 2007, 04:56:50 AM
5) Run Civic and Transport lots through X-Tool to make them CAMpatible too?

Actually, the "X Tool" will give better capacities and other property values for stations and civic buildings as well (compared to Maxis PIM which assigns exactly the same values, regardless of the size of the station/building).

JoeST

well thats good, woohoo I love mr woutang and his "X" tool

Bluebeard

Well it appears all is going well with the CAM.No rush but I'm just curious to what CAM Farms you have planned?.Thanx :thumbsup:

JoeST

im just wondering, does the cam NEED to be installed in plugins/a_cam, or can it just be kept in plugins/cam where the moddels go?

thanks

Joe

vester

It needs to be loaded as the first plug-in and that is what the a_ is for.

jmyers2043

Hello Start ...

Simcity loads its own program files first. Then it loads files from c:\programs\maxis\plugins. Then it loads files from your \My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins. And I think generally it loads the root plugin first then the folders a through z. But there were occasions during beta testing where we found that the CAM mod would sometimes load after a ZZZ folder. Which I think is why the default folder for the cam is A_CAM.

I personally installed the CAM in c:\programs\Maxis\plugins. Alongside Cycledogs terrain and trees which I also keep in that very specific folder. But that's just me.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

JoeST

thought so, and Jmyers, i do understand and also my names star.torturer, not start lol but thanks. its a good thing to add to the manual/readme. as people may wonder why its adding it to more than one palce

Joe

MayorKarl

Hi, not sure if this is the right place but seeing as it's CAM General Discussions I figured I might as well try here.

I've been using the Cleanitol file and Basically it's telling me I still have Jestarr's Hudson Glass and Superstar's Citibank Tower missing, yet I know I've installed the both of them (and jes's lot has even grown in one of my cities). Is there any way I can get it to actually pick the stuff up? :D

DoNiEj

i installed it but nothing happend ands all trees have dissapeared

JoeST

Right a few points:

1. I really love it, its great
2. though the name really doesn't make sense, unlike the NAM which is about networks, colossus makes thoughts about huge stuff like SC4.5 which it isn't really just buildings so why not Building Addon Mod or something.
3. I realise that you have split from Simtropolis and you insist that your not trying to promote yourselves over there by just posting the readme, and i also realise that you want to keep all discussions in one place, but really your not doing any favours by keeping something as big as this in a semi "private" forum.
4. and once again thanks for an awesome mod

Joe

PS: this is not flaming/spamming/insults/meant to be nasty in any way at all, its just my thoughts. sorry if it offends.

dedgren

QuoteI realise that you have split from Simtropolis and you insist that your not trying to promote yourselves over there by just posting the readme, and i also realise that you want to keep all discussions in one place, but really your not doing any favours by keeping something as big as this in a semi "private" forum.

My friend, where should we put it other than here, which is not "semi-private" at all.  If I had a semi-private room at a hospital analogous to your characterization of this thread, I'd sure be wondering who all those people were...

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Rayden

Quote from: DoNiEj on August 04, 2007, 03:10:43 PM
i installed it but nothing happend ands all trees have dissapeared

Can you be more specific than that, and please, post this matters at the support thread, this is the welcome and Manual thread. ;)

snorrelli

Just noted that this thread, as of this post, has been read 11,567 times. That's about as private as a bus station.
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

ssc4k

can someone tell me how having more growth stage levels helps me in any way?
why not jsut have it the old way?and why was it calle dcam instead of something like  "SLAM stage level addon mod"?

its not like its adding on a expansion pack, its not exactly colossal.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

Bluebeard

SSC4K:
  Not colossal you say well I ain't seeing anyone else doing something this awesome.If you like the old way then good for you but some like me enjoy adding a twist to this game.
   This community has done more for this game then EA will ever dream of doing and I think we owe the folks of SC4D a big thanx. :thumbsup:

Rayden

Quote from: ssc4k on August 04, 2007, 04:58:06 PM
can someone tell me how having more growth stage levels helps me in any way?
why not jsut have it the old way?and why was it calle dcam instead of something like  "SLAM stage level addon mod"?

its not like its adding on a expansion pack, its not exactly colossal.

Do you need help, sorry, we didn't know that. Unfortunately CAM was not made with that intention, so, you'd better seek help elsewhere, maybe back where you came from. :thumbsdown:

NYM1980

Not sure if this is the right place to ask or not, or if it was even asked already. So I apologize in advance.  But will this work with all the buildings downloaded, or do I need to delete my Plugins Folder?

Pat

NYM1980 no you dont need to delete your plugins folder just make a back up of it before installing the cam... Just so you know there is alot to download but once you have it is well worth it......\

Rayden dont ya's think you was a little harsh on ssc4k.... ssc4k CAM can be explained like this....
CAM improves what EA made. CAM makes it easier to grow all stages and allows for continuning growth
of all stages and adds new stages for the event as it was felt that the current stages wasnt enough...
But i do agree ssc4k you also was a little harsh with how you asked your question it was more or like you
was putting down the CAM instead of asking what it reallly does.... Now im certian if you asked what CAM
does and left it at that would have been a better way of putting it....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie