• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dioangel

that's pretty simular to what I have in the beginning as soon I got the Cam!  ??? ??? Before I deleted the plugins the game crashes as soon the population (my city) 30,000 sims!  %confuso

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

Pat

But what im running into now Linda is that i hardley played a city only with the farms installed and a few commericals it was running smoothly soo over the last 2 days ive been unpacking all the files and getting
all the required items needed for them, now that i was almost done unzipping everything for CAM i cant even
load the game.... I even compressed some files namely all the cam that i got so far as of today installed... I even went in and compressed some other folders thinking that might help and also removed all recent non CAM... so i am at a loss here???????????????

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dioangel

I have no idea what's going on pat... Did you still have the unpacked files (un compressed)? If yes try using cleanitol my friend. I don't know if it will work..  %confuso

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."

Pat

LoL yuppers thats the first thing i did before even playing tonight i ran all the list...
Yes i still have the uncompressed files as well..

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dioangel

whew! Oh good..  :thumbsup: Let's see what happens after the cleanitol.  ;)

Pat

LoL  $%Grinno$%  :D i had allready did cleanitol before i even tried to play and thats when it started to crash on me...

dioangel

??? ??? ??? What??  ??? ??? ???

After the cleanitol??.... Ok something is not right here. Where's RippleJet when we need him.  &mmm

RippleJet

I'm here :D

So far we've never had SC4 crashing with the CAM while testing...
Sorry Pat, if you're to be the guinea pig for the first one.

I doubt the exemption report would help us much, but probably easier to tell after you've given it... ::)

What would be needed is to pinpoint which plugin caused the crash.
First of all, remove the DatPacker-packed files and put back your unpacked subfolders.

Then you would have to remove the plugin subfolders one by one and restart the game after each removal.

As soon as the game would start again you know in which subfolder the culprit is.
Then continue by putting back the things within that subfolder one by one till you get the crash again...

Quote from: patfirefghtr on August 05, 2007, 10:23:00 PM
all the stages i only have 15 left

Was the pun intended? :D

Pat

hehehe you know what RT totaly ummm accidental PUN lol... i only truely have 15 installers left to open up i should say lol...  Uggh go fig me being the special one... should i PM the report to ya's or just post here?

RippleJet

Pat

All right this is the most recent attempt at loading just now lol and with uncompressed folder...
I also put in the one with compressed that happend at after midnight my time and of course the one
just happend now with uncompressed reports - pat

RippleJet

The only thing I could notice in the exemption report is that you are running a bit low on the memory...

I've got another report of a CTD over at Simtropolis this morning as well, after restarting a saved CAM city.
I hope you will get it running by removing your plugins and be able to pinpoint where the conflict is...

I'm off to work now, but I'll take a look at this thread over lunch and see how you're doing (or sleeping?). ;)

Pat

:D LoL Rj i thank you for taking your time and i will try one or 2 more things before calling it a night i will edit this post with more info if i find anything at all... thats if no one else says anything then i will post again lol - pat

EDIT:  RJ, Goood news i figured out the problem...  I rebooted the computer and then what i did was put everything CAM and downloads releated into one folder... I called it zzz_CAM lots test and i placed it at the very bottom of list of my plugins folder and the game booted just fine from there  :thumbsup:  I also figured out what was chewing up mem it was something sneeky and i deleted it lol and plus shut off alot stuff running in the background...

BarbyW

I have had no CTD at all and I have been testing this from the start. I also have used regions from before CAM and new regions with the latter also being reused over and over when I have been testing CAM and also to test out lots etc that I have been working on. I have also dat packed my plugins, re packed them and gone into regions with a combination of packed and none packed stuff and never had a CTD yet.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Diggis

Pat, sounds like you have a conflict.  If i were you I'd do the divide and conqure on your plugins untill you find the offending file.  Not only will it save you headaches down the line, but may save others from the same fate.

dioangel

I'm glad to got it fixed up pat!  ;D I was going to say something about the plugins  ()stsfd()

MayorKarl

Just one other thing I wanted to ask. Will all the MEGA lots that were released prior to the CAM, as well as all the BTE stuff, work properly with the CAM, or will I need to wait for "CAMpatible" versions to be released? I'm wondering whether or not to  reinstall all of that stuff as well as I've recently reinstalled the game after reading about this :D

BarbyW

Anything below stage 8 will work although the stats may well change once the X_Tool is available. There is no need to worry about anything elow stage 8 for now though.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Pat

Quote from: BarbyW on August 06, 2007, 04:09:33 AM
I have had no CTD at all and I have been testing this from the start. I also have used regions from before CAM and new regions with the latter also being reused over and over when I have been testing CAM and also to test out lots etc that I have been working on. I have also dat packed my plugins, re packed them and gone into regions with a combination of packed and none packed stuff and never had a CTD yet.

Hey Barby that is what i find weird so far im the second one to expriance a CTD with starting CAM RJ said someone over at ST had that happen...  As i did say prior what i figured out was to drop my cam folder all the way down to the end of my plugins list like so... I also renamed the folder to just to zzz_cam lots and its still working so far without any more CTD's

The compressed folder is for play only of course lol

Quote from: Diggis on August 06, 2007, 04:33:12 AM
Pat, sounds like you have a conflict.  If i were you I'd do the divide and conqure on your plugins untill you find the offending file.  Not only will it save you headaches down the line, but may save others from the same fate.

Diggis the only file i think i had a conflict with was some stuff i DL'ed extra off of STEX and it was the Curling lot, and anther train station off of seiko's site... i think thats the name of the site that also has a few cam buildings on... well with out any more CTD's and renaming the folder to load last i think i might be safe to try again with the new items but not certain though...

dioangel

got it well organized pat...  :thumbsup: