• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dary_14

Um, where do i can dowload this CAM?
Thanks! ()what()

RippleJet

The CAM is available at the BSC LEX.
You need to register separately there before you can download the CAM.

Search the LEX for RippleJet as creator or check the links in the CAM - Welcome and Manual thread for the downloads.

Good luck with the CAM, Dary_14!

gmavignier

I installed CAM in a already populated region and I am having demand problems. I posted a reply to the BSC CAM team at Simtropolis that explains a little better my problem and attached a census report (linkie). I think I might be having the eternal loop thing problem where workers flee to near by cities in an endless loop.

The reason I say I think I have this problem is because my region is being developed horizontally. I have something like 6 medium cities in a straight line so one only connects to 2 others besides it. What I am going to try is isolate these already built cities and start fresh for the next line. Could this help me? I am assuming the game would restart the RCI demand for a city that is not connected to anything. Kind of like a region within a region sort of speak.

If not how could I fix this problem without having to restart my region?

jip2

I have a question about CAMs dependencies. I read the list and downloaded all packages. On all info files there notes that I should use Cleanitol to remove some files. When do I delete the files? Before installation, after installing one package, after installing all the packages or do I even need to do it?

Pat

Jip2 your question is easy for me to answer and dont worry gmavignier someone with
more knowladge then me can and will be by to help you out soon....  But anyways Jip2
you should use the Cleanitol before installing the new files as it finds all of the old files
and then removes any or alll the files it is directed to... I hope that helps - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

Use the Cleanitol file to check first if you have the models. If you use Cleanitol and find you are missing any models you can get them via the links. Do not use the CAM Cleanitol list to remove dependencies as it is more of a check list than a remove list. The only time you need to use Cleanitol to remove files is if you are installing a pack of models like the BSC MEGA Pack CARCH Vol0x then you use it before installing the pack.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

RippleJet

Quote from: gmavignier on August 08, 2007, 09:11:50 AM
I installed CAM in a already populated region and I am having demand problems. I posted a reply to the BSC CAM team at Simtropolis that explains a little better my problem and attached a census report (linkie). I think I might be having the eternal loop thing problem where workers flee to near by cities in an endless loop.

The reason I say I think I have this problem is because my region is being developed horizontally. I have something like 6 medium cities in a straight line so one only connects to 2 others besides it. What I am going to try is isolate these already built cities and start fresh for the next line. Could this help me? I am assuming the game would restart the RCI demand for a city that is not connected to anything. Kind of like a region within a region sort of speak.

If not how could I fix this problem without having to restart my region?

This particular city is not suffering from eternal commuters, but your region might be.
There are no commuters reported entering this city from the neighbouring cities.

However, your regional residential capacity is very close to the projected demand.
Whether 96,910 is your true regional residential capacity I don't know, but if you have eternal commuters they would be included in that figure.

The most alarming thing with your region is that the projected R$$$ demand is -7,475. :o
That figure means that as long as the regional R$$$ population is greater than -7,475, your R$$$ demand will be negative...
I've acually never encountered a negative projected demand ever before... that is definitely the reason for the R$$$ demand to be -6,000.

With those demand figures I would defnitely not recommend continuing playing in this region with the CAM.
The eternal commuters (if included in the residential capacity) will never disappear, and because of this the projected demand will never be corrected.

Even if you restarted some of those cities, you would never get rid of the commuters or the built in projected demand.
Note that even if you would reimport empty cities in every tile of that region, those demand figures would still be left in the saved game file.

Try starting with a fresh, empty region that you've never played on before! :thumbsup:

snorrelli

Quote from: RippleJet on August 08, 2007, 02:56:17 PM
Even if you restarted some of those cities, you would never get rid of the commuters or the built in projected demand.
Note that even if you would reimport empty cities in every tile of that region, those demand figures would still be left in the saved game file.

That's interesting... I didn't know that. Even if you blow up cities and start from scratch or import entirely new ones, your region is still "imprinted" with what was going on before?
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Shadow Assassin

Interestingly enough, that does seem to be the case. I think complete deletion of the offending city tiles is the only way to resolve that issue.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

gmavignier

Quote from: RippleJet on August 08, 2007, 02:56:17 PM
This particular city is not suffering from eternal commuters, but your region might be.
There are no commuters reported entering this city from the neighbouring cities.

However, your regional residential capacity is very close to the projected demand.
Whether 96,910 is your true regional residential capacity I don't know, but if you have eternal commuters they would be included in that figure.

The most alarming thing with your region is that the projected R$$$ demand is -7,475. :o
That figure means that as long as the regional R$$$ population is greater than -7,475, your R$$$ demand will be negative...
I've acually never encountered a negative projected demand ever before... that is definitely the reason for the R$$$ demand to be -6,000.

With those demand figures I would defnitely not recommend continuing playing in this region with the CAM.
The eternal commuters (if included in the residential capacity) will never disappear, and because of this the projected demand will never be corrected.

Try starting with a fresh, empty region that you've never played on before! :thumbsup:
Too bad. I really thought I would finish a region this time. I guess I am just going for a smaller region this time so I can test things out before going full scale.

toxicpiano

I downloaded the BSC maxis buildings blocker, and noticed that it dosen't block by stages. Basically I wanted to block the R$$$ mansions (They don't look particularly nice imo). I had another blocker that blocked the stages in 3s (R$ Stages 1-3, R$$ Stages 3-6 etc). Any chance of one like that? Thanks. Also, how much of simgoober's work is Stage 8?
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

RippleJet

Quote from: toxicpiano on August 09, 2007, 11:44:28 AM
I downloaded the BSC maxis buildings blocker, and noticed that it dosen't block by stages. Basically I wanted to block the R$$$ mansions (They don't look particularly nice imo). I had another blocker that blocked the stages in 3s (R$ Stages 1-3, R$$ Stages 3-6 etc). Any chance of one like that?

Maybe, but that is not the first priority at the moment ;)

Quote from: toxicpiano on August 09, 2007, 11:44:28 AM
Also, how much of simgoober's work is Stage 8?

Very few. Currently there's a larger need to remod all SimGoober's industrials into stages 1-10.

toxicpiano

Thanks for the reply! The one person I can think of that is missing from this whole thing is Ill Tonkso  ;D Which is a shame, but you can only do things with his stuff with his permission I suppose  :)
I find that alcohol, taken in sufficient quantities, can bring about all the effects of drunkenness.

RippleJet

There are several mega packs with ILL Tonkso's skyscrapers available at the LEX.
In due time CAMeLots will be uploaded for them as well. ;)

BarbyW

Ill_Tonkso gave permission to make his work into model packs and these are on the LEX. Eventually lots will be made with these buildings but most of them do not make higher than stage 8 lots.

mightygoose

i cant seem to find the model files for the following...

ACME oil additive
Replogle globe factory
Yuengling brewery...

could anyone point me in the right direction
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Pat

MG here is what you seek:

Yuengling Brewery

Replogle globe factory

I cant find Acme Oil Additive... I swear its here on the lex but no prevail and i know its not on SteX - sorry cant help all that much pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

toxicpiano

Quote from: RippleJet on August 09, 2007, 03:40:08 PM
There are several mega packs with ILL Tonkso's skyscrapers available at the LEX.
In due time CAMeLots will be uploaded for them as well. ;)
Ok, I missed those (Goes and searches), Oh and does all current industry work correctly (Or not??)

jip2

I found CAM models cleanitol list from LEX. I ran cleanitol and noticed that I don't have any of the files installed. Before I start installing I have a question. For example I have NDEX Cardinal Airlines Tower. Do I need to install alll of the files or do I need to install just the model file?

Beside that I'm still not 100% positive which dependency packs I need.

Sorry about the stupid questions but I'm kinda new to this.

BarbyW

You only need to keep the model files as the lot files are not CAMpatible. If you are intending to collect and install all the CAM sets then you need everything on the Cleanitol list. There may be other models needed too but they will be linked in any files you download.