• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

yeah i know about that, i installed the biking one, lol i read the manual

and yeah i should realy upgrade them to roads, but that seems like so much hasstle lol, its not harming anybody at the moment

ill just leave it like that, this was just a test version until i got the cam working fully and i have installed all my existing plugins again.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Rafonc

Now i am fixing my querry problem, and its doing great. But somehow i have got 2 files, where are some lots which i guess i need to remove. But in the second there are links to them.
And in the same it says to remove for example NDEX mega props1.dat etc...But then i think i will get brown boxes?SO i am thinking which one is real. 1st is called  CAM remove lots etc..., but second RemoveListCAMModels.ANd in this i have links....I dont know where i get this second, this confuses me &mmm

Actually i feel bad, because i need to ask such a stupid question :thumbsdown: &ops

RippleJet

The *.txt files you are referring to are files that should be used with the program BSC Cleantol™.
You can read a little more about Cleanitol here.

If you open the file CAM_remove_lots_etc.txt in Cleanitol, the program will find all those pre-CAM lots that were updated in the "starter packs".
Cleanitol will move them to a place outside of the Plugins folder, so that they will not appear in game.

You should read the thread CAMeLots thoroughly.
If there is a *Cleanitol*.txt file included with a model/prop mega pack or lot pack, you should open that file with Cleanitol before installing the package.
Cleanitol will remove all files that should be removed, and check if you have all needed dependencies.
If something that you need is missing, Cleanitol will give you a link to where that dependency can be downloaded.

JoeST

So, I've just downloaded all the CAMeLots off the LEX, and im just wondering, do i need to keep all the sc4desc files? and will all the dependencies have been included in the cleanitol files i have already run? or will I have to trawl through all the readme's

Joe

RippleJet

You need to keep all files that are included in the downloaded CAMeLots.

However, you should not keep any SC4Desc or SC4Lot files of a dependency, only the model (either a SC4Model or a DAT file).
And you do not need any of the dependencies listed when downloading a model that is needed for a CAMeLot.

JoeST

so is this setup ok to be datpacked?

all the CAMeLots in one folder
all megapacks including cam ones in one folder
all CAM models in one folder

exept for the fact that its lagging my computer to hell whenever i datpack

Joe

RippleJet

JoeST

thats good, im now getting rid of the actual folders from my plugins folder after suffering with emense amounts of lag compressing all them megapacks lol  and with that setup including all the currently available CAMeLots it works out at 1.3Gig

edit: im also wondering why some of my buildings have unfinished names like r$ stage 2 cerulean towers lol

BarbyW

If you have a building showing cerulean towers as a stage 2 then you have an old lot in plugins.
I have tried, for your information when getting CAMeLots, to name the buildings with their type, stage and name. When we were testing it proved quite interesting to see which grew so it was left in.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

JoeST

ok thanks for the explanation, i was just wondering. and it was stage 11 anyway lol woops

and is there anyway of getting CO to build, i have massive demand (and i have parks) but it just grows CS

Rafonc

I have got a problem with cleanitol. It says error. And to check  BSC Cleanitol TM.exe. SO i did chekced it and it  says:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 82, in load_module
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "BSC Cleanitol TM.py", line 2, in ?
  File "wx\__init__.pyo", line 45, in ?
  File "wx\_core.pyo", line 4, in ?
  File "zipextimporter.pyo", line 98, in load_module
ImportError: MemoryLoadLibrary failed loading wx\_core_.pyd

I was checking for readme or so, but nothing that can help &mmm
Perhaps i have doing something wrong &mmm Or this may be my PC problem?

RippleJet

You are missing a couple of DLL files.
Check this post and Wouanagaine's reply to it.

Shadow Assassin

Hmm... I'm almost ready to make good use of the CAM...

Here's hoping for good luck. I've just completely rebuilt my plugins folder -- 600MB of it is BSC dependencies... :P

EDIT: And just wondering - is there anywhere where I can see the pictures of the buildings that are being added to the CAM? I'd like to do some selective deletion, so I need to figure out which buildings go or not.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

JoeST

Only 600 meg??? mines 1GB lol. anyway, yeah picks of each building in the cam would be fantastic, but unrealistic at the moment. I'm happy to help find links to the buildings for that other post though

Joe

Shadow Assassin

Well, it's 1.32GB now, but I haven't finished yet. I still have something like 15 prop packs to go...
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

JoeST

well after packing all the CAMeLots and packs and models i got mine down to 1.29 Gig in total

Rafonc

ok,the dll files fixed this one. THanks a lot. It moved all the wrong files, so now i am searching what dependencies i have missing :)
It showed a lot missed dependencies, but some of them are in my plpugins folder. But i found out that they were in subfolders, when i copied them just directly to PLUGINS, cleanitol didnt showed that they are missing.Is that a bug, or it needs to be like that.
ANyway,toold is great ()stsfd()

RippleJet

Quote from: Rafonc on August 17, 2007, 02:09:57 PM
But i found out that they were in subfolders, when i copied them just directly to PLUGINS, cleanitol didnt showed that they are missing.Is that a bug, or it needs to be like that.

Cleanitol finds all dependencies that are in either Plugins folder ( \My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins or \Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4\Plugins ) or in any subfolder of these two Plugins folders.

Kitsune

Quote from: RippleJet on August 16, 2007, 05:18:54 AM
Which building is that? Sounds like it shouldn't be growing on medium-density... ???
It's probably a pre-CAM building, since all CAMeLots are set to grow only on high-density lots.

Its the Sidfeldt Tower ... I keep destroying it.... lol
~ NAM Team Member

RippleJet

Quote from: Kitsune on August 17, 2007, 04:33:40 PM
Its the Sidfeldt Tower ... I keep destroying it.... lol

The Sidfeldt Tower was a so called TIOLI (Take It Or Leave It) by NDEX.
It is very badly modded, being a stage 6 skyscraper, growing on medium- and high-density zones.

With 4,250 CO§§ jobs it is definitely your largest stage 6 CO§§ office in your plugins folder, and it will grow like a weed (as long as the demand is high).

I would recommend looking for the following files and permanently deleting them:
        NDEX_DTB_CO_Sidfeldt_Grow.dat
        NDEX_DTB_CO_Sidfeldt_Plop.dat