• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toblakai

Hello,

I've got a question. I'm in need of rail stations with CAMpattible cappacities. I have the MTRT-V1 road top mas transit by uroncha, and they have CAMpattible capacities in the 10-20k region and they work out great, but I can't find a rail station with a huge capacity to use with my CAM cities without it beeing huge itself. What do you guys use? Currently I use the marast 1x6 and 2x6 stations with over 30k usage in some area's with a max capacity of 7500. I like the stations though, they look nice, take up no space and the regular maxis one would be only 2k.

So any advice?

Toblakai

Pat

OK Rj here is the Census info Reguested 6 months apart...  As Dave ( tooheys ) suggested i tried to break down the size of the farms and nothing... 

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RippleJet

Pat, this city is far too well educated to support any farming.

Take a look at the workforce demand.
Your EQ should be below 50 in order to get a good drive for farming. Your city clearly has an EQ above 150...

Quote from: Toblakai on August 21, 2007, 09:50:26 PM
I've got a question. I'm in need of rail stations with CAMpattible cappacities. I have the MTRT-V1 road top mas transit by uroncha, and they have CAMpattible capacities in the 10-20k region and they work out great, but I can't find a rail station with a huge capacity to use with my CAM cities without it beeing huge itself. What do you guys use? Currently I use the marast 1x6 and 2x6 stations with over 30k usage in some area's with a max capacity of 7500. I like the stations though, they look nice, take up no space and the regular maxis one would be only 2k.

Prepo's Helsinki Railway Station has a capacity of 20,000.
An alternative would be to mod your favourite station and increase its capacity.
If you decide to do that, you have to remember to bulldoze all existing stations before installing the modded version.

Pat

ahhh OK now i understand thank you Rj for helping me out again - pat your loyal pain

its been my pleasure to help you out as i can there Rj...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RippleJet

Quote from: patfirefghtr on August 22, 2007, 11:21:08 AM
pat your loyal pain

...but mostly very helpful, and thank you Pat for all help you've given here! :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

QuoteYour EQ should be below 50 in order to get a good drive for farming. Your city clearly has an EQ above 150...

Still got farms with an EQ of 160... wonder how that happened?
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Bluebeard

Getting Farms at a High I.Q. is normal for me.My 1 city has a I.Q. at about 170 and Farms want more land. ;)

RippleJet

Even if the average EQ is 160-170, there may still be R§ people having an EQ below 100 in your cities.
All the way up to an EQ of 150, there is still a 16% drive of farms from the R§ population.

JoeST

I have found a bug... It may not actually be anything directly to do with the CAM just because of the extra densities.

Whenever I build lots of "pollution eaters", then demolish them it overloads the system with pollution infinitely IE even by adding 40 water treatment plants and 60 higher capacity ones.

The only way I have found to fix it is to import water from neighbours.

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Bluebeard

Thanx RJ:
  So even if the charts reads 170 and farms want more space means there are few morons refusing to get a education. :thumbsup:
   GOD I love SC4D. &apls

JoeST

Right I just overcame my little water problem and took a screenshot of the amount of "pollution eaters" that I needed to get ontop of the problem

dioangel

BB - your looking to be banned anytime soon... &sly

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

RippleJet

Quote from: star.torturer on August 24, 2007, 09:22:13 AM
Whenever I build lots of "pollution eaters", then demolish them it overloads the system with pollution infinitely IE even by adding 40 water treatment plants and 60 higher capacity ones.

That is known since long before the CAM.

Certain "pollution eaters", as you call them, are modded with too high pollution reducing values, causing the property that contains the pollution in game to either overflow or underflow, in which case the value would flip around to the maximum again.

You should avoid pollution reducers that are too radical. ;)

JoeST

Dam, they do soooo good for the air pollution overlay lol

Thanks anyway, i just restarted, as the air and water pollution were so hight that the whole city was just red in both them and the desirability from R$ though to I$$$

Bluebeard

DioAngel is there a problem?.I mean threating to Ban someone because they love SC4D or was it using the G word?.
Quote from: dioangel on August 24, 2007, 10:27:44 AM

RippleJet

Quote from: Bluebeard on August 24, 2007, 09:29:03 AM
So even if the charts reads 170 and farms want more space means there are few morons refusing to get a education. :thumbsup:

Quote from: dioangel on August 24, 2007, 10:27:44 AM

Linda, there was nothing controversal about BB's morons.
He was referring to sims, and I have to agree they are morons when coming to town.

Depending on the wealth (§/§§/§§§) of new sims moving into town, they obtain the following Age, HQ and EQ when settling down:

[tabular type=1]
[row] [head]R Wealth[/head] [head]
Age[/head] [head]
HQ[/head] [head]
EQ[/head] [/row]
[row] [data]R§§§[/data] [data]
35[/data] [data]
60[/data] [data]
60[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]R§§[/data] [data]
30[/data] [data]
40[/data] [data]
40[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]R§[/data] [data]
25[/data] [data]
20[/data] [data]
20[/data] [/row]
[/tabular]

Thus, in a developing city, where new sims constantly are arriving (population is increasing), especially newly settled low-wealth sims are young, sick and uneducated... real morons. It will take quite a while till they achieve the same health status and education as the older sims in your city.

dioangel

RippleJet and BB - I understand... sorry guys.  &mmm

"Beethoven is known for writting the most daring music has ever known to man...DioAngel is known for writting outragous stories has ever known to a lady."
My new MD: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6796.0

bixel

Hey guys. I did a re-render of the Kwai Chung Estates. Anyhoo, I have CAMed some lots but since I actually do not have CAM installed, I need somebody to test them and get some screen shots. They have pretty high capacity, since these are HK Governmental Housing, so be prepared to have a large city and room for R$ growth. :satisfied:

PHASE 1 7x5 LOT 8320 R$   STAGE 13
PHASE 2 5x12 LOT 12120 (ithink) R$   STAGE 14

just pm me, or post in my thread
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1556.40

make sure screenies look kinda presentable - since I will be using them to upload the CAM lots officially on the LEX.
here is the file
http://download.yousendit.com/C5B8D36834F163D1

Its only allowed 7 downloads so 1st come 1st serve. :thumbsup:

aestiva

Ok, Question. I have installed the CAM, all CAM related stuff, all required dependencies, etc., I did keep my current region (as it is my best so far), and there seem to be no real problem; but, despite towering demand indicators growth is very slow.  I'm thinking I must need to rezone large Residential areas to accommodate the huge Commercial demand.  My question is: am I right in thinking this?   %confuso

And please accept my eternal gratitude for all you fantastic creations. Because of you guys the game just gets better and better. :thumbsup:

-Aestiva
-We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams...

platyfish124

Did you check desirability? If there is low desirability, the high rises will not come. Check for excessive traffic, lack of parks and the like. Also, check the InCAMpatible Mods thread, just in case you have a mod conflicting with the CAM. Also, yes, you need to zone Dense Residential zones if you want residential hi-rises, and Dense Commercial zones if you want commercial hi-rises.