• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

BB, all the CAMeLots have been made from BATs that are available for non CAM users. All the NDEX etc are still on the STEX for up to stage 8.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Bluebeard

Thanx Goddess,
   But I didn't notice there are lots on LEX that state will not grow without CAM.So I guess it's those lots I'm asking about.Thanx

BarbyW

I think there are just a few of those and that is up to the creator of them not the creator of CAM. bixel generally posts non CAM versions at ST and simfox did too.

Bluebeard

Thanx again Goddess.
   I'm going to flush my plugins to find the problem and see if CAM is or isn't the problem.Thanx again

BarbyW

I'll bet you it isn't CAM that is the problem. :thumbsup:

Bluebeard

So where does 1 go if CAM isn't the problem?.
   Can you please point me in the right direction.Thanx

Indisguise

which lots are you using BB...all CAM lot above 9 for RES and COM and all stage 4 and above for IND... those you will need the CAM mod or the game won't reconize the new higher stages.

any lot made with the PIM-X that lower than that (origial stages) will grow fine without.

the only real problem you would run into with using older lots, would be the stats that are set to them. (this is true with or without  the CAM, you have to scan the lots with the SC4Tool program to be sure).
As some lots have wacky stats and could upset the simulator causing demand issues (once again, this is true if your using or not using the CAM).

are there any partiuclar lots you having trobles with BB ?

for mod conflicts double check the readme or let us know which ones you are using, as some may conflict with the NAM and CAM.
Colossus X-rated

Bluebeard

Here is the catch.
   Is it or isn't it CAM?.Well seeing this is the last MOD I installed then maybe but no postive.
The issue is when I Zoom out it's all over so I'm lost and taking shots in the dark.I really appreciate the help.

xxdita

Actually, I had this problem at first too, until I stumbled upon the answer in another thread here. The fix for me was simply using Software Rendering instead of hardware.
I think that all of the new supertowers popping up all over the place was just too much for my laptop's video card, but not for the dualcore procs. Hope this helps.

Bluebeard

Thanx xxdita.
    But was is Software Rendering and what does it do?.Thanx

snorrelli

Software rendering takes the load off your graphics card and puts it onto your processor. Not advisable unless you have both a crappy graphics card and a powerful CPU.
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

Bluebeard

Thanx folks.
   I tried the software setting and it made my cities look like crap.So it looks like I just gotta deal with getting flip back to desktop.
    Thanx again for all the help. :thumbsup:

M4346

I don't think it has anything to do with your graphics rendered (hardware or software), or even the CAM for that matter.
I suggest that you take out ALL custom content, fire up SC4 and see what happens. If the problem doesn't lie there, add the CAM and all the necessary dependencies and then see what happens. Take it step by step and try to identify the problem, but start with what you think is the culprit, the CAM - even though I agree with Barby that it would and could not be it.

Anyway, that's the only way I see you getting to the bottom of this.  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Bluebeard

Thanx M4346.
  Yup I did the empty folder test and it appeared all was fine.So I was at cross road to either slowly add stuff back into my plugins folder praying I found the problem or just deal with it.
  Well seeing it was going to take a very long time to reload the plugins folder the desktop was looking kinda nice.So I thank all of you who tried to help but this is just another wonderful part of life we gotta deal with. ;)

sobol

Haven't playd SC all summer...  but now that the CAM has been out for a while, I am curious...

How do I integrate the CAM with my game?  (I have the latest NAM and airport pack).  I have a bunch of downloaded content from here and simtrop.  I can start some new regions, but what happens to my older buildings???

I appreciate the help.
I've got nothing.

RippleJet

First of all, read the sections in the manual about Using Existing Regions with the CAM (pages 6-7).

If you are going to start a new region, I would recommend cutting down on your existing stage 8 residential and commercial buildings, and replace them with CAMpatible buildings and CAMeLots from the LEX.

sobol

Awesome, where is the manual?  just point me in the right direction.... 
I've got nothing.

RippleJet

It's included with the CAM, can be found under BSC -> Colossus Addon Mod (in the startup menu), or here: CAM - Welcome and Manual

sobol

I've got nothing.

bixel

So I've been using CAM. I started a new region and began growing cities. My regional population is now about 400,000. However my commercial population is greater than my residential population. I have cities where I have more jobs than people. Is anybody else getting this?? Maybe I am missing a dependency or something.  %wrd