• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: M4346 on November 13, 2007, 07:03:52 AM
You sound like a drill sergeant. :P

Nah... mind you I come from Åland, a demilitarized zone in the Baltic! ::)

I only want you to tell me what you want and I'll see what I can do :)

M4346

Germany was supposedly demilitarised prior to WWII and look what happened there! :P But, I was just teasing you as usual Tage.  ;D

I know you have only our best interests at heart.  $%Grinno$%
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Mister Giggles

rickmastfan67

-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Mister Giggles

Chill?

I do believe I asked a simple question, one I am allowed to ask as my original questions of several days ago were utterly ignored.

Of course, if there is a RULE that states I can't ask questions, feel free to point me to it.

Until then, sod off.

jmyers2043

I just read up through the thread and discovered your questions.

1. There is no timeline that I know of.
2. I can't answer the second one. 
3. There are no updates. RippleJet (last I knew) is on a ski vacation. The Camsters are going about their business whatever that is. Could be personal business - could be CAM testing. I do know that the CAM thread in the private BSC forums has been silent for the past couple of days. 
4. There are things going on though. Wougaine and RippleJet are working hard on the XTool. Many of us are using it and making our reports. Daeley has everyone captivated with his menu system.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

dedgren

Thank you, Jim (jmyers2043) for answering questions, which we always welcome here.  Now let me deal with the admin end...

Just so everyone is clear about where else we stand on the issues raised by Mister Giggles' post- he will have a while free from the distraction of SC4D to find some soap for that mouth- friends don't tell friends to "sod off."

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

RippleJet

Thank you Jim and David for being here while I'm having fun on my slope-friendly skis! ;D

For those who wonder, I haven't set any timeline. $%Grinno$%
I cannot and have not given any expire date for the CAMsters' testing.
I will await their report and make adjustments to the simulators based on them.
As long as the CAMsters and I are not satisfied with the testing, further beta versions will be issued and start a new round of testing.

With CAM 1.0 we had 8 beta versions, and testing went on for half a year.
Despite that Mister Giggles (and others) have found issues they call flaws.
I will not rush the testing of CAM 1.1.

For those who have expressed their wish to beta test...
At the moment we have enough CAMsters and we haven't asked for further beta testers.
If we need more CAMsters in the near future, we will ask for your assistance. ;)

A200

I love the CAM, my main CAM skyscraper city has around 18 Taipei 101's in it  :o in one area there are 5 huddled in a group!

RippleJet

Quote from: A200 on November 16, 2007, 07:48:58 PM
I love the CAM, my main CAM skyscraper city has around 18 Taipei 101's in it  :o in one area there are 5 huddled in a group!

WOW

Sounds like it's at least the size like the one MAS71 was building, with 7 WTC towers next to each other! :thumbsup:

A200

Yeah and now heaps of WTC's are popping up too! :)

I quite like the city, except the train network is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay "over capacity" because the stupid sims hop off at each station then get straight back on... grrrrrr!!! &mmm

But we have about 1.9million residential people living in it, with around 1.5 or 1.6million commercial (cant remember exact) and about 200,000 High tech (which we are gradually phasing out to build more residential and commercial)

I might show pics later if thats ok?

EDIT:

Pictures are here:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1915.msg91570#msg91570

SC4BOY

EDIT: FOUND THIS IS KNOWN? At least in a similar form... anyways it is an inconsistency within the same cleanitol file check/ download.. just for reference... take action if appropriate, else ignor it. If I understand the answer, I shouild just ignor this for now?

Dunno if this is the right forum or not.. if not move it. Maybe it goes in the 2nd or 5th forum?

When I use this cleanitol file (obtained in the last 2 days from LEX)
..\CAM\Essentials\CleanitolCAMModels\RemoveListCAMModels.txt

to test my dl's it tells me the following:
Superstar's Citicbank Tower [Model]-0x5ad0e817_0x102a45d9_0xb0000.SC4Model not found
jes_HudsonGlass3-0x5ad0e817_0x12774cc5_0x30000.SC4Model not found

But I used the EXACT LINKS in the cleanitol file.. instead of the above links, the file I dl'd contained these:

Superstar's Citicbank Tower [Model]-0x5ad0e817_0x1305ef0d_0x30000.SC4Model
jes_HudsonGlass-0x5ad0e817_0xd2f86f1e_0x30000.SC4Model

Either the cleanitol links are wrong, or the file search in the cleanitol file is wrong.. (or these lots are interchangeablle?)

Which files are correct and if I have the wrong files, what is the link to the correct files.. Thx

wouanagaine

Thx for the info, SC4Boy. I think it is the right place.
I Hope Barbyw or Ripplejet see this to give you the proper answer

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

RippleJet

Quote from: SC4BOY on November 26, 2007, 10:00:43 PM
EDIT: FOUND THIS IS KNOWN?

It's pretty easy to search SC4Devotion for any earlier reports regarding specific items. :thumbsup:

Just go to the front page and enter your search in the search box.
In your case, you could have searched for a string contained in those filenames, e.g. 102a45d9:

Typos are not always corrected, especially since the links to the downloads in these cases were correct.
Most users are able to figure out for themselves that the same model is referred to in both cases:
    Superstar's Citicbank Tower [Model]-0x5ad0e817_0x102a45d9_0xb0000.SC4Model
    Superstar's Citicbank Tower [Model]-0x5ad0e817_0x1305ef0d_0x30000.SC4Model

snorrelli

If people can still request CAMified re-lots... desimciti has released several NYC buildings at ST that would be nice to have. The Waldorf Astoria is particularly nice...

Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

RippleJet

Quote from: snorrelli on December 02, 2007, 12:20:10 AM
The Waldorf Astoria is particularly nice...

Unfortunately the Waldorff Astoria has rendering errors and would need to be re-rendered first.
The errors are in the FSH files, not in the S3D files, so that is nothing i can correct... $%Grinno$%

RJN

I have read much about CAM , but I still have a Question , It's make the game easier? because if it makes the game easier , the game loses realism.

RippleJet

Quote from: RJN on December 06, 2007, 01:35:36 PM
I have read much about CAM , but I still have a Question , It's make the game easier? because if it makes the game easier , the game loses realism.

When starting a new region, the difficulty is on the same level as without the CAM.
In a way it is actually a bit more challenging, since you will have to let your cities sprawl out before getting highrises, which will earn you more money.

When you start getting buildings above stage 8 it is currently somewhat too easy to make money, yes.
That is being looked upon and will change with version 1.1. ;)

Till that version becomes public, I recommend playing on the hardest difficulty and lowering your taxes if you're making too much money. :)

SC4BOY

Quote from: BarbyW on June 20, 2007, 10:51:39 AM
BSC has currently nearly 200 lots in preparation for the forthcoming CAM....
.. deleted stuff ...
Have fun collecting as the lots will not be long to appear. This list will also be available as a Cleanitol file to check that you have the required models and also to make sure you do not have duplicates in plugins.

Hmm.. In compiling CAM "stuff" I came across this problem:
The following list CAM ONeil Condos Cleanitol.txt packed in this file: ONeil CAM Condos.zip when run produces the following:

MISSING : Oneil's Dakota Park Place [Model] has not been found, you can download it : http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=12726
MISSING : Oneil's Atlantic Plaza [Model] has not been found, you can download it : http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=11579
MISSING : Oneil's Bosworth Tower Model has not been found, you can download it : http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=11275
MISSING : ss(2)-0x5ad0e817_0xcd4d6e21_0x80000.SC4Model has not been found, you can download it : http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=2928

Those files have been downloaded and are present in my plugins directory (at least the models that came from those download links). I don't know if this is one of those "they are all the same" deals or not. I note that your original post is pretty old.. but a search finds no other mention of the problem that I can find. Its especially odd since it FINDS the following lots for removal: :)

R E P O R T
NDEX - The Blue Tower - Landmark (4x5)_906ff332.SC4Lot (NDEX - The Blue Tower - Landmark (4x5)_906ff332.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Oneil Models\NDEX The Blue Tower
NDEX - The Blue Tower - R3 (4x5)_906febe6.SC4Lot (NDEX - The Blue Tower - R3 (4x5)_906febe6.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Oneil Models\NDEX The Blue Tower
NDEX - Angels Creek - Landmark (4x4)_50a1eb74.SC4Lot (NDEX - Angels Creek - Landmark (4x4)_50a1eb74.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Oneil Models\NDEX Angels Creek
NDEX - Dakota Park Place - Growable R3 (3x3)_8fb85abd.SC4Lot (NDEX - Dakota Park Place - Growable R3 (3x3)_8fb85abd.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Oneil Models\NDEX Dakota Park Place
NDEX - Dakota Park Place - Ploppable CS3 (3x3)_6fb85a4e.SC4Lot (NDEX - Dakota Park Place - Ploppable CS3 (3x3)_6fb85a4e.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Oneil Models\NDEX Dakota Park Place
NDEX - Angels Creek - Growable R$$ (4x4)_50a1ed70.SC4Lot (NDEX - Angels Creek - Growable R$$ (4x4)_50a1ed70.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Oneil Models\NDEX Angels Creek\R$$
NDEX - Angels Creek - Growable R$$$ (4x4)_50a1ed70.SC4Lot (NDEX - Angels Creek - Growable R$$$ (4x4)_50a1ed70.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Oneil Models\NDEX Angels Creek\R$$$
NDEX - Bosworth Tower - Generic Landmark (5x5)_2ed5ad51.SC4Lot (NDEX - Bosworth Tower - Generic Landmark (5x5)_2ed5ad51.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Oneil Models\NDEX Bosworth Tower
NDEX - Bosworth Tower - Growable R$$$ (5x5)_4ed5cf31.SC4Lot (NDEX - Bosworth Tower - Growable R$$$ (5x5)_4ed5cf31.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Oneil Models\NDEX Bosworth Tower
NDEX - Atlantic Plaza - Growable R3 (4x4)_cf0aaa2a.SC4Lot (NDEX - Atlantic Plaza - Growable R3 (4x4)_cf0aaa2a.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Oneil Models\NDEX Atlantic Plaza
NDEX - Atlantic Plaza - Ploppable CS3 (4x4)_af0aaa81.SC4Lot (NDEX - Atlantic Plaza - Ploppable CS3 (4x4)_af0aaa81.SC4Lot)  found in C:\Documents and Settings\Dad\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins\Oneil Models\NDEX Atlantic Plaza

I don't know if the links are being updated, the files have errors in typing, the files are different names but the same model, my file is an old one (I dl'd it maybe a week ago), etc.

Should I assume the models I have are OK?

Thx

RippleJet

Thanks SC4BOY!
At least three of those are typos, the filename excluded the file type ending .dat

Correct text in the Cleanitol should have been:

Oneil's Dakota Park Place [Model].dat;http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=12726
Oneil's Atlantic Plaza [Model].dat;http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=11579
Oneil's Bosworth Tower Model.dat;http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=11275

In other words, you obviously have those files.

The last one, ss(2)-0x5ad0e817_0xcd4d6e21_0x80000.SC4Model, looks correct.
Can you please search your plugins folder and confirm that you certainly have that file?

I'm enclosing an updated, corrected Cleanitol file to this post and will ask Barby to update the file on the LEX.