• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - General Discussions

Started by RippleJet, May 01, 2007, 01:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DVR

ok thanks for your help! i wont reply till tomorrow, but im getting 1 or 2 co$$$ buildings now....3 wren insurance, 1 walton plaza, 2 modde incs. This is still massively under what you would expect with the demand. I tried to see if there was a desirability problem....but they dont stand out from other areas in anything at all. In fact, 2 of them are yellow in the map mode for crime, so worse than most areas!

RippleJet

Quote from: DVR on December 15, 2007, 03:59:54 PM
ok thanks for your help!

My pleasure, I didn't do that much yet! :)
Hope to hear good news from you tomorrow then! :thumbsup:

High5Tower

Demand Cap Relief. Look at your Residentials. Your taped out. No low wealth sims can grow thus no low class employees in your COSS.
Do you have any minor or major league ball fields in your city? They have a demand Cap Relief for R$ of 300,000.

rpadgett41

OK...I am having trouble downloading the files.

I have used both Firefox and IE to try to get the download, but in each instance, I get to the page only to find no downlink.

Any suggestions?

BarbyW

If you are trying to access the LEX, you need to be registered separately for that. I cannot see your username in the list so please register.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

rpadgett41

Thanks...that fixed it.

Quote from: BarbyW on December 16, 2007, 12:06:39 AM
If you are trying to access the LEX, you need to be registered separately for that. I cannot see your username in the list so please register.

RippleJet

Have you registered on the LEX as well?
You need to register separately for the BSC LEX. :)

DVR

yeah i started a new city in a new region and have the same problem with CO$$$. i dont reckon its bcos of my R$ taping out...the problem was there from the beginning and didnt change when i added both the stadiums. Do i have to reinstall simcity or something :( ?

RippleJet

How long did you let the simulation run in the new region?

At start there is never any demand for CO§§§.
You need to have some well educated wealthy sims before you will see any CO§§§ demand.

DVR

i waited till there was co$$$ demand of course, and tried making some ultra desirable commercial space then, but no luck

RippleJet

Then there is obviously something restricting CO§§§.
It isn't in the saved game file, so it has to be a mod you have installed... :-\

A quick confirmation on that would be to (once again) restart with a brand new region and an empty plugins folder.
In other words, play with only RH and Maxis content (sounds awefully boring $%Grinno$%, but that's how we initially tested the CAM as well).

If you have a mod interfering with the CO§§§ demand, you should now have normal CO§§§ demand when the EQ and wealth levels have picked up.

If that appears to be working, I would start by making a fresh installation of the CAM and nothing else.
See if that works (with only Maxis content)... then add your custom content, one folder at a time and see if the CO§§§ demand stays or goes.

Bluebeard

Hello,
   Has the SG RLS Resort been updated or should I download off STEX?.Thanx :)

BarbyW

The RLS Resort is included in Hotels Pack 1 on the LEX.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Bluebeard

Thanx Goddess.
      Just going through the "Rewards" and I noticed the Resort was part of the chain.Thanx and Happy Holidays. :thumbsup:

jerzeslugga

Quote from: MAS71 on June 14, 2007, 10:57:31 PM
-- A report of 50 years of a Default-City  and a CAM-City  --

Hi all ;)
Now, We CAMster (tester of CAM) continue testing it fot completion the CAM1.0 for public.
And perhaps it will be the last test if it will have no problems. ;)
I can't wait a July me too!! ;D

Well,
I want all of you to watch this little report about a difference of Default-City and CAM-City today. ;)

Before,
I remove all of RCI-Buildings from one city which grew up.

and I watched this city in each two ways of states. (Default and with CAM)

- 20 years later -
<a href="http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/289/cam820ky7.jpg"></a>
(Click image to full size)

- 50 years later -
<a href="http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9099/cam850bo1.jpg"></a>
A "Default-City" was stop a development about 30 years later.
however,  Development of "CAM-City" continues  about 45 years !!

- A result after 50 years of each city -
<a href="http://img378.imageshack.us/img378/1376/cam8finalan7.gif"></a>
You can see a difference of development each city.
A difference of "Default-City" and "CAM-City" is clear at a glance !!

For BETA of CAM.
We using about 70 of C$ and R$ Test-LOTs now.
(These are LOTs for tests to the last.)
Therefore a kind of a building to appear is entrusted to the number of CAMelot.

I don't know how many CAMElots will made on finally.
Perhaps I think that you would look at a very than these lively cities. ;)

Thank you.

I've been tryign to recreate a city that looks liek that for months...My terraforming skills is arse-nanny though.

jip2

I'm having a weird problem with my game. Sometimes the time freezes meaning that the date won't change. Can this be caused by CAM or one of it's dependencies?

RippleJet

Most probably not due to the CAM! $%Grinno$%
More likely due to a large plugins folder or due to running the game at too high a speed...
What speed are you running the game at? Does the time stop at all speeds?

jip2

I'm running the mostly on max speed. I did some more testing and the time started running again  ;D

RippleJet

mightygoose

lucky escape there RJ, :P soon as ill post some pics of my CAM experiences...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....