• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Did you say Mayor Mod seasonal ploppables ?

Started by Badsim, January 07, 2011, 02:51:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badsim

Is there a problem with the K-points machine ? I received 2 more points this night (for us in Europe) , just for being the spokesman of this feat ...  $%Grinno$% ... now I feel like a vulgar usurper . ::)

Let me precise a few things about my role : on December the 19th I received from Antoine a batch of files ; his seasonal maples & firs modded by Carl . As a gift & to test them . I did like it was requested in the Ltext , I plopped them in August and ... It didn't work . It was a total seasonal mess so to tell you the truth , I was very sceptical ...

The day before , December the 18th , I received from David a very bad new ; his decision to get retired from SC4 activities , with , as consolation gift , all his finished works ; various props & trees ... Seeing them , Carl proposed immediately to Modd them . I accepted  imediately too , with all my restlessness to see David's work honored like deserved ...

Yesterday morning , January the 7th , Carl sent me back David's trees . « To be planted on a first of September »  . And it did work like a charm ... then I have had the curiosity to plant Antoine's maples & firs the first of september as well , game on pause , and ... oh God , it was so magical that I stayed several minutes mesmerized in front of my computer , looking at this tremendous ballet of seasons ... I couldn't wait any long to announce this to the community . That's the story .

Thank you very much David for having pointed your finger at other members involved ; Andreas , Jeroni , Vil, Brian ...
&apls &apls &apls &apls
But ... Hey David ! Who will give you a K-point too ?  ;D

Quote from: Lowkee33 on January 07, 2011, 04:22:52 PM
Thanks all.   These wont interfere with your tree controller.

...But they would if you told them too  ;)

Another unlocked dream ? Makes me think about about Pandora Box story with a better end !  ;D

Congratulations , plain folks ... in fact  you're giants . :thumbsup:

Cédric.

EDITCédric, I corrected "Zil" to Vil in this and the original post.  He and Andreas identified the exemplar property that turned out to be the key to the whole thing over at the BSC site a while back.  Oh, and thanks for your kindness- I'm just a tinkerer though among the many BAT and MOD Gods on that list. -dedgren

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

xannepan

Great work. Can't wait to see this on the stex :)
&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Sciurus

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls I want them!!! And I think all of us want them $%Grinno$%

Guillaume &apls &apls &apls
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Yan077

jmyers2043

QuoteDid you say Mayor Mod seasonal ploppables ?

How about that  :o  SC4 takes another giant step forward like the cat with 9 lives. Thank you one and all for keeping the game fresh and interesting.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Orange_o_

I would have to find my cd to test it.  :thumbsup:

&apls I had forgotten that my narcissuses could have flowers  ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

vnaoned

Argh!!

I'll gonna have to start again all my cities....

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

mave94

This is awesome! :thumbsup:

Can't wait to use this stuff... &apls &apls &apls

Kergelen

wow, this is superb!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks to your job SC4 every day is better.

You have added a new dimension to SC4!!!!!!
&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

Links to SC4 websites

kelis

Amazing job my friends ! It's very realistic  &apls &apls &apls &apls

Badsim What terrain mod you use in these pics ? I Like so much.

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Girafe

Quote from: kelis on January 11, 2011, 03:10:06 PM
Badsim What terrain mod you use in these pics ? I Like so much.

Pyrenean Terrain Mod from Orange, can be found at www.toutsimcities.com
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kelis

Thank so much Girafe  :) and congralutalitons for this amazing mod  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Jayster

I know the title says "Mayor Mod seasonal ploppables" but could these tress potentially be built into a God mode tree controller? They look amazing by the way!  &apls

Jayster

knuckleball

Been away for a while.  it's nice to see work like this is still being done!

&apls
It's just that I'm the quiet type, that's all.

FrankU

This is just fantastig newes. And I am happy that my new region is just beginning to see its first outlines and that not even one tree has been panted there...
But now I have to relot all my lots with the seasonal props....

&apls  &apls  &apls  :thumbsup:  &apls  &apls  :D  &apls

Oh, man, why always complain, why always want more? This is so great.....
Why did Maxis make so much possible with SC4 but did so little themselves? This game probably contains even more possibilities... Who programmed these knowing that they would not be used?

Andreas

Quote from: Jayster on January 11, 2011, 07:44:34 PM
I know the title says "Mayor Mod seasonal ploppables" but could these tress potentially be built into a God mode tree controller? They look amazing by the way!

One key limitation of these ploppable is that you have to plop them at a distincitve time (september 1st, IIRC) in order to make the chaning sequence for the different seasons functioning as designed. I'm not sure if this is supported in God Mode, and even if it would work, it is probably not a good idea to fill your entire map with seasonal trees, as the exchange of the tree models in each season might become pretty resource-intensive.
Andreas

Lowkee33

Trees get planted depending on moisture level, which changes through the year.  You can test this by GMing some trees in Jan, and then in July.  You will see different trees planted.

So simply changing the RKT in a c.p. controller may not work so well. If the KSC4Flora Preferences are changed to better fit Sept 1st, then these trees will appear in god-mode and be seasonal.

With god-mode amounts they certainly effect the speed of the game, but only on the two days they change.  For my computer, trying to change zooms with the shadows on is far more intensive.

@FrankU:  Seasonal flora shouldn't be placed on Lots.  Their timing starts the instant they are created, so you seasons will be off if they grew in Jan.  (Hence the Sept 1st thing).  Timed props are much better for this, plus you get to use more than three models.

FrankU

@Lowkee, ah yes. I should have realised that myself.

bap

Amazing work, congratulations everyone involved  :thumbsup:  &apls  &apls !
I presume this is done using RKT4 with three models instead of RKT5 and modding some values in the FloraProperties, right?
Quick questions: what happens if one plops the trees on March 1st, instead of Sep 1st? Will your city simulate the changing wheather for the southern hemisphere?