• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

VIP - Orange's Nest

Started by Orange_o_, October 30, 2011, 05:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mattb325

Very unique! I really love the glass  ;D

Girafe

Glass is top but I am not confident with the roof  &Thk/(

I will try too to add an environment map for glass reflexions  ::)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

skyhigh

&apls

love the glass, but I have to agree with Girafe about the roof.

Delecto

Look great, but I also agreed with the Girafe.  ;)

Terring7

Yeah, more futuristic stuff &dance &dance
This building is beautiful, but a greener roof and some solar panels could make it even more awesome. Something like this...

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Orange_o_

Oh! what a surprise! I was rather pleased with my roof ...

I probably misspoke. First ignore the white facade, it is not textured.

When you create a green roof, you have several solutions, how intensive, semi-extensive and finally extensive.

Intensive green roofs are made ​​of a substrate that can go up 1 or 2m. They are suitable for planting trees and shrubs.

The roofs are made of semi extensive support of 15cm, and equipped with an automatic watering system, allowing the planting of grass, ivy, iris, small shrubs ...

The extensive roof, consists of porous materials on 10/15cm, but is not equipped with sprinkler system. plants are plants resistant to drought, type sedum. Periods of drought, often results in the death of some plants, but are quickly covered by other plants.

That is, you'll understand this latter solution was chosen on this building.

It allows a good retention of rainwater, reducing total maintenance.

Here is the preview of this type of roof:

Here is also a poor quality photo showing the roof of this building real

You will notice that it is not beautiful. ;D

Now that you have more information, what do you think?  &mmm

HS : This is the longest post that I wrote on SC4D  &dance

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

Terring7

Oh, now I get it. It's very nice to have a detailing organization in your mind when you're making the building. Now that I know what you exactly have in your mind, go on for it :thumbsup:
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

knapp

When I lived in Hamburg, I passed several times near this building and thought: "this would be a nice BAt" Now You're doing it!  &hlp
I think, the roof planting should be done like the one in the first pic of Your RL examples. The original isn't fitting to the rest of the building. In RL, nobody minds, because nobody has a look at it, but in SC4, the roof is seen the whole time. So this wonderful BAT merits a more beautiful roof vegetation tha the real one.
aka "Der Gammler" on simforum.de and STEX

Orange_o_

Knapp, my roof is not better than the original?

It is a pleasure Terring

Here are a few minor changes including the front and I applied a light texture to dirty the windows and at the foot of the building, adding also a aluminum angle on the top of the walls. This is to ensure a good seal.

The black frame, can break the contrast between the white facade and green roof.

Here also the texture used

click to enlarge

;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

noahclem

Interesting details on the green roof! I'm really liking the way this whole bat is looking  :thumbsup:

Also, I don't need the roof too beautiful, I like it realistic  ;)

Sciurus

It's an amazing work Dav', really awesome!! &apls &apls

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

FrankU

I think the roof is a very convincing sedum roof. The aluminium strip is indeed important to keep the rainwater out of the interior. So I'd leave it there, altough it may be a bit less contrast. But is the facade not too white?

knapp

Quote from: Orange_o_ on November 04, 2011, 06:13:07 PM

Knapp, my roof is not better than the original?

Oh sorry, it is a misunderstanding, perhaps because of my bad english  &ops
Of course the roof like You did it is better than the original and the building deserves it like this.
aka "Der Gammler" on simforum.de and STEX

Orange_o_

Thank you very much,

I have not had time to work these days, just a little light this evening. I could not resist the urge to show a record of the first night ... there are many things to fix.

... and then it will fill the interior

;)

marsh

Girafe

I though you were in bed ::)

it's a good start  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Terring7

The Choice is Ours
---

chester

This is such a beautiful building, very different.  :thumbsup:

Orange_o_

Thank you all, here are the latest images from An der Alster 1.

You can now download it on the STEX

;)