• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Need plug-in manager help. Please?

Started by ElPhantasmo69, February 21, 2007, 09:39:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ElPhantasmo69

Hi all,

I've rendered a model of an f-15 eagle (a crappy one, but an f-15 nonetheless) and used the pim to make it into a prop. Both the sc4model file and the sc4desc file are now in my plugins folder, yet when I open the LE to place it on a lot, I can't find my new prop! Have I screwed something up? I kept all the default values and it seemed to be scaled properly (11m wing span x 16m fuselage).

Anyone have any ideas? If screen shots or anything will help, I'll be happy to provide them.

jeronij

Probably it is too big for a 1x1 lot. Even 16.000001 is too big ;-D
You have several ways to fix that. The easier is to make the lot 2x2, place the prop, and make the lot 1x1 again  ;)

I hope this helps
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

ElPhantasmo69

Thanks Jeronij, but the problem must be something else. I'm trying to place it on a 4x6 lot (3 instances of the fighter and a standard hangar behind them) I checked the properties in PIM and for height, width and length it shows 59.66 height, 252.19 length and 171.25 width. What do these properties indicate? (Again, in BAT the model looked like it was accurately scaled.)

***Edit*** decided to use the Reader to find out and lo and behold this appears to be the mother of all f-15's. I've rescaled the properties in the Reader and post the results later today. (I can already foresee the result) If this is the only problem I have after BATing for the first time ever it'll be a real pleasant surprise.

So now I can see the prop, but the actual model is still about 12x the size it should be. Is there any way in BAT to resize the model so's I don't have to start from scratch?