• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAM - Welcome and Manual + Download

Started by RippleJet, July 31, 2007, 03:22:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

Yes it will. 
CAM 2.0 is still in the testing phase and I know that Tage is very busy these last few months.  It's taking a little longer than usually even the testers have been busy.  But once it gets released you all will understand why it took so long in testing.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Alysaar

hey thats great... any info about release date?

rooker1

Just like all the other huge projects.....it'll be ready when its ready.

Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

shinkansen1

I have downloaded the manual file from the front page, but my computer cannot open it because it does not recognize PDF files. What program is required to read this file type? ()what()

shinkansen1

Quote from: Lowkee33 on January 23, 2012, 05:22:31 PM
Quote from: shinkansen1 on January 23, 2012, 05:19:44 PMWhat program is required to read this file type? ()what()

Adobe Reader[/ur], and no, you do not want McAfee.
Okay, a new problem: the installation failed because it cannot access a network location, and I do not know how to fix this problem. ()sad()

Lowkee33

Okay then, try this ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/10.1.2/.  You have a language option to make there.  (That is a pretty sweet link I might add).

shinkansen1

Quote from: Lowkee33 on January 23, 2012, 08:01:13 PM
Okay then, try this ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/10.x/10.1.2/.  You have a language option to make there.  (That is a pretty sweet link I might add).
Unfortunately, that link gave the same error.  ()sad()

Korot

I'm guessing that you have the appdata folder set as hidden, and that thus the installer can't access it.

Regards,
Korot

JoeST

Quote from: Korot on January 24, 2012, 03:06:16 AM
I'm guessing that you have the appdata folder set as hidden, and that thus the installer can't access it.
Hidden files should not affect things this way. A quick google brings this up
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

shinkansen1

Quote from: JoeST on January 24, 2012, 03:19:24 AM
Quote from: Korot on January 24, 2012, 03:06:16 AM
Hidden files should not affect things this way. A quick google brings this up
Well, I have followed the steps that the link gives me, restarted the computer, tried running the Adobe Reader again...

And got the 1606 error. Again. :'(

Is there a chance that this readme could come in a Notepad document or a URL?

Lowkee33

I don't know about Windows 7, perhaps this is an administrator issue?

There are many alternatives to Adobe as well.  Try looking through Sourceforge.  Just make sure that whatever you get is made for windows.

malik01

Lowkee33

Welcome malik01 :)

No.  NAM modifies the transportation network, and CAM modifies the city growth simulator.  There is a "promote bicycles" file in CAM, but it is old and should not be used.

pellaGrind

Hey, i've got a questions...

there's a way (mod or somethings to) to know the "ACTUAL GROWTH STAGE" of a selected growable lot...??? that's for keep trace of all buildings that have abnormal capacity in paragon with camelot...

;)

jmyers2043

Quote from: pellaGrind on August 28, 2012, 07:38:15 AM
there's a way (mod or somethings to) to know the "ACTUAL GROWTH STAGE" of a selected growable lot...??? that's for keep trace of all buildings that have abnormal capacity in paragon with camelot...

The answer is ... no mod.

This is how I do it in my game as I wonder at times what is growing and when. I mod all the buildings I've been downloading recently to provide the answers. I know when I query the below building that it is a high wealth commercial office growing at stage 7. I know the title of the building and the creator is JasonCW.

The other answer is ... time to get motivated. 

I went through all my plugins way back when. Making sure all the building's had consistent statistics using the XTool. A right click will set the stats. The lots will open up and ask if you want to update. Click yes a couple of time. Click save a couple of times. Open the next building, repeat. I did it systematically by author. I did it over time so the process was broken down into manageable tasks. 

Adding properties so the CAMeLOT counter will count and customizing the queries require additional modding. CAMeLOTs on the LEX already have that done for you. Buildings from other sites set to grow at stage 8, which really should grow at stage 12, need to be Xtooled to perform properly in a CAM environment.

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

ivo_su

Is there any development around CAM 2.0 - and this project is frozen stage. I'd love to get any information about what is happening.

jmyers2043

Quote from: ivo_su on August 29, 2012, 12:49:39 AM
Is there any development around CAM 2.0 - and this project is frozen stage. I'd love to get any information about what is happening.

I think it is safe to say that CAM 2 is not going to happen. It was an ambitious project. In the end, there were some problems that could not be ironed out.

There is a patch for CAM 1 in the works. It fixes the double demand bug of the original CAM. A release candidate is being tested by myself and a couple of others.

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

End_of_Eternity

Quote from: jmyers2043 on August 29, 2012, 04:32:50 AM

I think it is safe to say that CAM 2 is not going to happen. It was an ambitious project. In the end, there were some problems that could not be ironed out.

There is a patch for CAM 1 in the works. It fixes the double demand bug of the original CAM. A release candidate is being tested by myself and a couple of others.

- Jim

Thanks for the update!

H2Odk

Quote from: jmyers2043 on August 29, 2012, 04:32:50 AM

- Jim

I am in the process of reinstalling Simcity, like last time I did this I want to use CAM, but decided then not to because of the double demand bug.

I think I read somewhere that there is a way to fix this on a fresh install. But since it isn't mentioned in the first post I am not sure if it actually do fix it.

So my question is. Is there a fix?