• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

God-mode seasonal trees?

Started by aragornjdl, March 04, 2011, 11:30:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aragornjdl

I'm sorta new here... sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question. Moderators, feel free to move it somewhere else.

Is there such a thing as God-mode seasonal trees, or possibly a seasonal tree controller for a terrain mod? I've seen a lot of seasonal tree lots and Mayor Mode ploppables, but I've ever seen them for God-mode. At least I don't think so.

If I missed it, where can I find it?

If it doesn't exist, is it even possible or is anyone working on it?

On a definitely more related topic, it would be fantastic to see a consolidated list of custom trees. There is a partial list in CasperVg's excellent terrain-related plugin list.

Andreas

There is none, at least not at the moment. There are various limitations even for seasonal Mayor Mode trees, so I doubt a God Mode tree controller can be made in the same way as a regular one.
Andreas

Lowkee33

A seasonal flora-brush is possible.  For the timing that has been used, you just need to plop them on Sept 1st, and they have shadow issues (the shadow of the first model is the only shadow to appear, making a tree with no leaves look strange).

There are a small amount of seasonal trees right now, so I don't think a tree controller would be anytime soon.