• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Looking for a water mod that blends with tahoe ploppable water

Started by Themistokles, November 16, 2014, 12:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Themistokles

Hi everyone!

I'm working on a map with a large delta, where I want to mix game water and ploppable pponds. (I know, the same good old problem...) For this I am looking for a water mod that blends well with Paeng's tahoe water textures. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

noahclem

Quote from: Themistokles on November 16, 2014, 12:27:16 AM(I know, the same good old problem...)

Indeed :D

I think this is a perfect match. I'm working on the same problem as you at the moment though, and while I've yet to come up with a perfect solution (and probably never will) it's looking like Xannepan's Poseidon mod's water mod and water "paint" is the best way to go, at least in areas where the "paint" will work  :thumbsup:

Themistokles

Now I've chosen to go with Xannepan's Poseidon water mod and, although it's not a perfect match, it all the same looks absolutely gorgeous, doesn't it? ;) Many thanks, noahclem!

And just because of I dunno what I'll add two observations I made today:

1: [only slightly off topic] The combination of the Sudden Valley terrain mod and Poseidon water mod does indeed make my region look somewhat Norolike. But that's not bad at all. ()stsfd()

2: [oodles of off topic-ness] Hovering with a road-7.5m-over-avenue puzzle piece over avenue-to-RHW-4 transition piece causes a CTD, just like GLR does once in a while. &sly But, well, I know it's inherent in the game and I just had to write it down... ::)
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

vortext

Quote from: Themistokles on November 16, 2014, 12:27:16 AM
For this I am looking for a water mod that blends well with Paeng's tahoe water textures. Any suggestions?

iirc Brigatine is the best match for that particular plop water. In addition I recall Skthrp made a HD Brigatine water mod. 
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Vortext, you're right there--I guess it was other plop water I was thinking that matched that other mod. I had great results with Skthrp's remake of Brigantine.

Quote from: Themistokles on November 17, 2014, 10:00:26 AM
Now I've chosen to go with Xannepan's Poseidon water mod and, although it's not a perfect match, it all the same looks absolutely gorgeous, doesn't it? ;) Many thanks, noahclem!

And just because of I dunno what I'll add two observations I made today:

1: [only slightly off topic] The combination of the Sudden Valley terrain mod and Poseidon water mod does indeed make my region look somewhat Norolike. But that's not bad at all. ()stsfd()

2: [oodles of off topic-ness] Hovering with a road-7.5m-over-avenue puzzle piece over avenue-to-RHW-4 transition piece causes a CTD, just like GLR does once in a while. &sly But, well, I know it's inherent in the game and I just had to write it down... ::)

Glad I could help :) If you did want to go for less noro-looking the Poseidon water mod would be relatively easy to modify the color of as it's just a single color without waves on it or anything. Quite weird though that a puzzle piece hovering over another puzzle piece would cause a CTD though--is the avenue-rhw4 transition a TE lot or something?