• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Dedgren's Ploppable Water & the Rain Tool

Started by Dark_Jedi06, December 18, 2009, 05:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark_Jedi06

I'm in the process of rebuilding my Plugins folders and I haven't been able to find these two files again. I checked the 3RREX for the ploppable water but didn't find it. As for the Rain Tool I think that was on Gizmo's site but I can't even find the site... :P

Thank you in advance. :)
...this space to be filled soon...

ecoba

The Rain Tool is on the STEX. Search 'Extra Terrain Tools', or get the link from Silvio (Rayden)'s tutorial here on SC4D!

Ethan

Dark_Jedi06

Quote from: ecoba on December 18, 2009, 05:35:57 PM
The Rain Tool is on the STEX. Search 'Extra Terrain Tools', or get the link from Silvio (Rayden)'s tutorial here on SC4D!

Ethan

Thank you, found the Rain Mod. ;D

Now all I need is dedgren's Ploppable Water, you know the kind that actually has some depth to it?

ecoba

I have no recollection of David ever releasing ploppable water.

Sorry...

Connor

David didn't release ploppable water, though he did make rapids and waterfalls to be used with ploppable water.

You can see the rapids, waterfalls and plop water here: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?p=results

wes.janson

David did do something with TPW. Modifying the JRJ models or something like that. I use it all the time. I think it was pinned to a post at the time.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

Dark_Jedi06

Quote from: wes.janson on December 20, 2009, 11:38:43 AM
David did do something with TPW. Modifying the JRJ models or something like that. I use it all the time. I think it was pinned to a post at the time.
Indeed he did, unlike other Plop Water his had depth to it and thus you could essentially replace the in-game water...all I could find was an early Beta version of it attached to a post in the 3RR thread that had problems with the immortal lot syndrome. Maybe that's all he ever did with it, though I seem to remember there being more then that...

Rayden

RippleJet

Dark_Jedi06

Quote from: RippleJet on December 20, 2009, 03:00:22 PM
You should find whatever David did in the 3RR Exchange. :)
That was the first place I checked. :)

For all I know it was something he never finished and he ended up pulling whatever more complete Beta there may have been.