• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your . . . . current projects

Started by keithsed, February 08, 2007, 07:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FromTheAshes

Great kekus74! I'd like to live there  ;D
Visit Vorsfelde.

eljacko

I started working on a new city, Sofia, last night, and took some pictures while I was working on it.  It should be fairly obvious by now that I am tremendous fan of Haarlemergold's BATs; I think they are some of the best made and actively try to make them appear in my cities, hence this city design.  I think it has come out fairly well, personally.

Here's the full city shot I took before I went to bed, other pictures may not be consistent with this one (as I would take them and continue designing).  click on any image to see it full size.

the impetus for this entire city was a place for the ferry to be used, and here it is in use.  I think the port came out pretty well, actually.

a center of town, you can see the two roundabouts there.

big fancy church.  I still need to design the park that's supposed to be behind it.

a poorer section of town, right next to the dirtier industrial area.  kinda ghetto-ish, I guess.

a pair of schools near each other (one is actually a museum).  For some reason Haarlemergold's educational buildings cost a ton to maintain; keeping his museum there is tough.

the train station.
- el jacko and such

oldrogue

Like the city, quite nice and I also think the port turned out fine....hope to see more  of it as you continue
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

keithsed

Great city layout.  The old battleship looks very nice with Haarlemergold's BAT's. 

Keith

keithsed

Oldrouge, you said:

QuoteSpeaking of which.....what is map?   Did you do it yourself?  Or is it a download?

It's a download.  I found it on STEX by listing only maps and then choosing the most popular.  It's called Cape Newenham.  It's an acutal place located in Alaska.  I looked it up using "Live Search."  Live Search is a place where you can find maps from all over the world.  I've been using it a lot to get the names of my cities.  I'm not very good a naming cities so I look on their maps until I find one I like that seems to fit. 

It took me weeks and weeks to bring up each city on this map (like 228 ::)) and add the trees and fix the mountains.  I think you're correct when you said there is a setting that you have to change before you start on the map, but like you, I didn't play around with it before I started this map.  I was in a hurry to start a new city since my first one bit the dust.   &ops 

Talk to you later.

Keith

bat

Xiziz

i didnt post this... ive got no secret 6 day projects going... i promise...

(Sorry if its not a picture from ingame... but it will be eventually, so let the guessing begin)

mightygoose

sticking with the off topic theme

i dont have a secret 3 year project going on

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

threestooges

Though it is mostly done now (at least for now) I have been working on my region's lumber industry:

The logs travel down the creek and are blocked by the little rock dam just past the mill. They are brought the the mill by the boats and then shipped out by rail.

Masochist

Okay...so I'm back with a small update.

Remember that beach I was working on?  Well...I finally started actual work on it :-[.  If you go back to that post, you may notice that that beach is the lowest of three levels where the mountains meet the sea.  I tried out some walls, and experimented with observation decks, and I think I found what I want, but I have to do a bit more experimenting...

I wanted to place hotels (and resort-looking buildings) on the middle level (with the two-lane road)...which is what I started doing.  I'm usually not a plopper, but that's the only way that I can make sure that it comes out exactly as I want it (the town's not big enough yet to support growables that big, and I don't have AK's patience ;)).  As I started doing that, I found that I had an interesting angle for taking photos.  So...I took some photos %wrd.  I took pictures of three views: one showing the avenue running behind the buildings, one showing just a tiny bit of the avenue, and one with the avenue cut out (and there's a daytime, nighttime, and sunset shot for each view).  Here's three representive shots of everything I just explained above:

View One (nighttime):

View Two (daytime):

Those darn square avenues... &sly

View Three (sunset):

Of course, none of these are permanent.  Because of that odd angle (and long length), I have to really be careful about where I put each building.  I might not be able to keep them that close...but we shall see.  Whenever it is that I finish this beach, I'll post up more pictures.
(Under Construction)

shoreman905

well, now it looks like I bumped into your works twice in one night. I really like the looks of your works. It is obvious that you spend a great deal of time on modeling and understand your subject. &apls

mightygoose

gonna be scandinavian fjords with a twist....
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

thundercrack83

Wow, mightygoose! That looks great! I can't wait to see it when you have all the tiles opened up!

threestooges

Masochist: I like the depth the angle provides. The detail in the water and the palms on the beach are great touches, but (and I don't think that there is much that can be done) the avenue in the foreground has some interesting cliff angles. Nice job.

Mightygoose: That's a hefty map, I'll be interested to see what the twist is.

Keeping in line with my railroad theme, I submitted a pic to the photo competition a (long) while back, and it lost quite handily (from what I gathered, it was the road). The first will be how it was, and the second will show how it is now. If you have any further suggestions on ways to improve, please let me know. I believe the only changes were: train mods, trees for the streets, and peg's rail mod (and taking out the street mod...though I kind of liked it).

Old:

New:

Emperor Stormont

I've only started to hand-terraform, without the use of the terraformer tool as I can't be bothered to sit and work out how to use it. As well as special development at the foot of this area, all will be revealed in my next update.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

bwatterud

@belfastuniguy-Very nice terraforming, though you might want to hit the "reconcile edges" button once in a while.  Those cliffs would be a nightmare for roads.   :D

@threestooges-I have to say that the second pic is much better.  The brick street looked really out of place in the rural area (I might even suggest a dirt street mod, though it would probably get screwed up by that house. 

football_fever

I'm working on - among other things - the spaceport of Kharrazian for my story Crystal City.  I'll give you a brief history of the project and where I am now.

Day 1

Day 2

Day 3

Day 4

If girls quoted Winston Churchill and Aristotle in their AIM profiles instead of "Rent," we'd all be so much more erudite. That means "knowledgeable," but you didn't know that because girls quote "Rent" in their AIM profiles.
- Dan Gurewitch

Khiyana

Wow, this looks very futuristic, I like this a lot!! :thumbsup:

beebs

TheTeaCat

impressive looking region you got going threre Beebs. I like the look of it a lot- can we see some close ups?
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II