• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigSlark

Feel better soon, David. You've got us all on edge, so don't be sick for long!  :D

Cheers,
Kevin

dedgren

Not feeling a whole lot better this evening, and have been more off than on the computer.

That said, it's sort of fun to watch the speculation run wild...

...or what passes for wild around these parts...

I can confirm that there will be big developments shortly on the runways front, and that's both ortho and diagonal.  I'm also literally down to the last couple of details on getting the collaboration quads out- the biggest of which is reconfirming the availability of a place to serve them from.  You may have to wait a bit longer than this evening for the post I teased you about earlier.  Here's another pic to look at in the meantime.

And, by gosh, our friend Pat rang the bell on the 2,400th comment, closing out the year's "Double-0" honors.  I'll do those this evening, since I was kind of sort of waiting for that to happen.

As you know, Pat is a lover of woods and waterways, as he has abundantly demonstrated in his long-running MD "Waterfalls" [linkie].  We're certainly fans at 3RR of Pat's adventuresome spirit and willingness to experiment until he gets things just right.

It just so happens that 3RR's Great Seal has been struck for the first time this year in medallion form from locally mined gold, copper and other precious metals...

...perhaps even a pinch of upsidaisium- that might be why it feels so light...

...a really interesting coincidence, though, are the initials of the engraver.

P.A.T.  Thanks once again, my Rhinelanderian friend!

Don't give up on 2007 yet, folks.  I fly back to Alaska tomorrow, and who knows what we'll find to send your way over the next little bit.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Kitsune

Ah the Beaver, how interesting 3RR's medallion shares the quirky national animal of Canada......
~ NAM Team Member

Pat

Ohh gezzs i did it again man im begining to feel alot like that one song by brittney spears lol.... Thank you David for that honour to be the engraver for the first 3RR medallion, I didnt even pay attention to post count or I would have sat back... Hope you have a safe flight home David and you are feeling better...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dragonshardz

Argh! Missed it yet again!

Oh well, Great job there Pat.  :thumbsup:

Yoman

David, does 3RR have a flag carrier Airline, because if so a man making liveries might pop one out if he can have some more details ;)

thundercrack83

Ooooh, the Great Seal looks fantastic, David!

Don't give up on 2007 yet, folks.  I fly back to Alaska tomorrow, and who knows what we'll find to send your way over the next little bit.

Don't worry, we're not!

Dustin

Jmouse

Wow, Pat and the Great Seal of 3RR region bonded forever. Can it get any better than this?
Congrats on hitting the last "00" of '07, Pat! :thumbsup:

Until next time...
Joan

dedgren

Who are these 150

...oops... one rolled under the piano...

151 folks and why are they special?

abcvs
ACEfanatic02
Air6
Ajax
Alek King of SC4
Alfred.Jones
Andreas
Antoine
asturianu
Badsim
bakerton
barnatom
bat
beebs
beskhu3epnm
BigSlark
Bishop Hawke
blahdy
Bongoswimp
bulldog2010
burgsabre87
bwatterud
CabraBuitre
Caisson
Cali
CalibanX
callagrafx
cameron1991
chocolatemax
Craiggles
CrazyChickenSC12
Darmok
derek_pearce
DFire870
dmscopio
douwe
dragonshardz
Eddie
Elektra
emilin
Emporer Stormont
Ennedi
Enzo
ExiLe
exodus101
flame1396
Filasimo
Flipside
Frankie
FrankU
Fred_Ginger
freedo50
Gaston
Giligone
girlfromverona
glepet
GMT
Grneyes
Heblem
Heinz
hogs29
iamgoingtoeatyou
jacqulina
JanYpe
jayo
jeronij
jestarr
jklein_stl
Jmouse
joelevan
joerg
jplumbley
kalanc69
keithsed
kimcar
Kitsune
Kokopelli
KooriSim123
krbe
kwakelaar
l.h.
Livin in Sim
Low Light
LP_Green
M4346
Madiera aka She Who Will Not Be Named
MAS71
mattb325
Meastro444
meinhosen
meldolion
Menotyou
metasmurf
mightygoose
mjig_dudy
mrgscottc
N1_2888
NASCAR_Guy
nedalezz
NikNik
nova vesfalo
Owen Luby
Pat
Pat Riot
petercintn
pickled_pig
pilotdaryl
purpledaddy
pvarcoe
quackmofro
Rayden
rhizome21
ript7368
rooker1
rushman5
rw0381c
sandrasim1
sc4luv2
schm0
Schulmanator
sebes
seemurray2
Serkanner
SgtJoeDes
Shadow Assassin
Silur
sim1234
SIMMANIA
SizzlaKalongi
Sober
star.torturer
stewart_garden
Swamper77
swi21
szarkoz
Tarkus
TheTeaCat
Thornton
threestooges
thundercrack83
tkirch
Traff
Travis
Unkles27
vab23
van1357
vegeman
wouanagaine
Yoman
your_adress_here
Zaphod

If you don't know, well... let's just say you won't need to wait 'til next year to find out.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

mightygoose

in the words of Sir SC4 Richard in one of is popular songs....

"collaborations and celebrations
when Dedgren says that he has a quad for me.
collaborations and Devotions
I want the boards to know I'm happy as can be.

Who would believe that this could
be so eagerly awaited.
I used to think that city journals
had been quite well presented,
but that was in the bad old days
before we all met you
when we let you walk into our hearts.

collaborations and celebrations
I want the boards to know I'm happy as can be.

I was afraid that maybe
you weren't actually going to do this
That I was only fooling myself
that all would be a miss.
But then tonight you said
that one hundred and fifty people
were special people
today.

collaborations and celebrations
I want the boards to know I'm happy as can be."
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

BigSlark

We're the 3RR Super-Regulars? I have no idea beyond that, David. You've got me stumped.

And that's a great son, mightygoose. Too bad my musical talent is non-existent or I'd record it for posterity!  :D

Have a Happy New Year's Eve!

Cheers,
Kevin

Kitsune

Whoa, I made a list - wooho :)
~ NAM Team Member

Silur

Hi, David ...
Happy New Year 2008 !!!
Best regards ....

threestooges

I would say that that is the list of regulars in general (though that would be quite a task to go back through the pages of 3RR to find them all), though perhaps only those from the past year. Whatever they have in common here, it's truly a tribute for you to go back and actually look everyone up. I'll be back around later to see what you next post has in store.

Jmouse

Could it be that the 150 members listed have contributed in some way (found a mistake, done some writing, etc.) or had something in 3RR named for them?

Until next time ... Happy New Year!
Joan

thundercrack83

I agree with threestooges--it's the 3RR Regulars!

dragonshardz

Huh....I never knew you had that much time on your hands David!  :D

keithsed

How come you didn't make the list?   ()what()

Lets see . . . mmmmm   maybe they've all made a $$ donation?

Keith

dedgren

Well, I've got another favor to ask...

...I think the last one was 20 or so pages ago, so hopefully I'm not pushing it...

As today's the last day of 2007, I'm going to ask that we consider what's left of it "No Lurking Day."

Since I'm starting so late, and it's already the new year on the other side of the world from me, we'll throw in the 1st, as well.

The reason I'm asking has to do with the list I posted a bit back.  There's nics on it that I haven't seen for quite a bit and, while I believe that at least some of the folks who haven't commented for, oh say, six months or more are still around, I'd really be reassured to know through seeing a new post that we haven't lost track of any of you.  No need to say anything elaborate, or explain what you've been doing..

...we'll save that for the follow-up interrogation session...

...just a "Hey, Happy New Year" (or your favorite local variant of that) would be great.  Each 3RR Regular* is someone pretty special to me- as each of you has had a large hand in making this, er... whateveritis into what ever it is.

Matt (threestooges) and Dustin (thundercrack83) of course have it right.  That is the list of 2007 3RR Regulars, which I will close out at midnight Alaska Time (GMT -9) tonight.  We've included the 10 days or so in 2006 that followed 3RR's start here at Jeroni's great website- a toast...

All Hail SC4D!  May the year ahead only bring bigger and greater accomplishments for one and all (like those frickin' wide and diagonal runways)!

...but what's a few extra days among friends?

Btw, if you are a 3RR Regular to-be (in other words if you've not ever posted yet), what better time than to annouce "I'm here!" and join us officially.  Like I said, you'll be on the list for 2007 if you do that before midnight my time.  It'd be great to have you join us.

I'll note that I'm still sort of on bedrest- half the kids in Tristen's cottage had strep when we called him to check in on arriving home, and I am really still under the weather, probably with the adult version.  That said, there's still lots to come today- a contest for sure, and probably the customs and borders backstory post.

So Happy New Year to you, one and all!  Back in a bit.

David

*One last time for 2007, I'll remind you that a 3RR Regular is anyone who has commented at least once on 3RR either here at SC4D or at ST.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

JoeST

Yo, I is here.. as always, checkin up on ya.. Its going great, ur a legend....

Happy New Year all

cant wait for the next stuff in the story.

Joe

EDIT: thanks for making such a great story, you truly are a legend. Now Happy New Year to you, let it bring more fantastic additions to the greatness that this has already become
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms