• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swamper77

Each puzzle piece or interchange in the game has a specific cost associated to it in the game's RUL files. Slopes also affect the costs of placing puzzle pieces, much like slopes do for ploppable lots.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Pat

david just grand there wow!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Great to see that! Nice work on that piece!

Looking forward to more, David! :)

thundercrack83

I never know what to say when I come in here.....

I know that feeling, Robin!

I think it comes from the fact that we never know what we're going to see when we come here!

David, you're a machine, my friend!

Dustin

JoeST

The solution to not being able to think of anything to say, is to not say anything...

but then david would be an unhappy bunny, as nobody would ever post :D

and machine is an understatment of the highest order. more like a miricle worker

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

Quote from: JoeST on November 02, 2008, 11:41:57 AM
The solution to not being able to think of anything to say, is to not say anything...

but then david would be an unhappy bunny, as nobody would ever post :D

and machine is an understatment of the highest order. more like a miricle worker

Joe

OK I don't usaly do this but Joe you in personal opionion earned the Qoute of the Year Award!!!

&apls &apls &apls &apls

I couldnt agree anymore with you on that there Joe!!!

BTW could someone give that man a karma point please!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Ooooops...

Sitting in the "E" Concourse of the Salt Lake City Airport for the last hour and a half, I solved a problem that had been blocking me on this piece since last night.

Apparently I didn't solve the other one, though.

Oh, well- it's another two and some hours to Austin.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

****Snickering**** David that sure is funnie there lol!!! I am glad though that you have solved the problem that has been plaging you!!!

j-dub

Well, it wouldn't be the first time, this type of thing happened to me.

Anyone else have rails show up at road x's ?

sim-al2

That's just crazy! lol  I don't think the engineers would like it though!  $%Grinno$%
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

nerdly_dood

Quote from: sim-al2 on November 02, 2008, 05:23:08 PM
That's just crazy! lol  I don't think the engineers would like it though!  $%Grinno$%
I don't think many people's tires, or shocks, or most of the rest of their car, would like that very well either...  :D Looking forward to see what else you've cooked up for the FAR/FARR
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

metarvo

Talk about a real transit switch. $%Grinno$%  Like you said, though, you've still got a lot of trip left, so I'm sure you'll do something good with that two hours. :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Ryan B.

You know, David - that picture gives me a thought.  That'd be a heckuva road / road intersection piece.  All it would need is a right turn slip lane.

Keep up the great work!

j-dub

Why wouldn't engineers like it, heres a truck drivin on those rails in the middle of those roads already. hehehehehe

dedgren

I bought my first copy of the game the day it was released back in January, 2003.  I couldn't figure out why EA had seemingly passed on launching SC4 during the Christmas season just ended- now, of course, that situation seems completely consistent with all the rest of the opportunities the company has let go by.

Most here know that I'm an urban planner as well as being a lawyer- I actually worked as a county planner for one of the happiest years of my life in upstate New York in the early 1990s.  Sim City first showed up just as I completed my graduate degree.

Over the years Nethack [linkie]

and the original Myst [linkie]

ran a distant (very distant) second and third, respectively, to Sim City (insert number of then current version) in terms of the number of hours logged at the latest iteration of whatever computer I had at the time.  I think I have also played Minesweeper, but I can't remember when.

So... SC4- and why am I going on like this?  Because tonight, November 2, 2008, somewhere over eastern New Mexico at 37,000 feet/11,250 meters, I saw this

and realized that, almost six years out, we, the user community, own pretty much all to ourselves the best urban/rural simulation that has ever or, within the foreseeable future, will ever be made.

A game that, as sold to us, could do the track on the left.  A game that, after we applied our collective talents to it, can do the track on the right.

We own it. We don't have to ask anyone's permission to do this.  We don't have to pay anyone for this.  We have hundreds of thousands of collected hours of acquired knowledge that lets us do almost anything we want to with it.

We own SC4.  We will see no better game replace it.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

CasperVg

Well said, those pictures look great as well
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

BigSlark

And that, David, is why you are the person to look up to and draw inspiration from in this community. I applaud you and all of your efforts over the years. I can't wait to see what the next six have in store for us!

I hope all is well with the boys and that nothing too serious is going on. My thoughts are with your family.

Cheers,
Kevin

thundercrack83

David, you've hit the nail on the head, my friend.

Thanks to folks like you, this game has become so much more than anyone could have even imagines when in came out almost six years ago.

I think about how I used to play the game when I first got back then, and the amount of progress that's been made is just baffling! And new content is always on the horizon, which makes things even better!

Keep doing what you're doing, David--you, and 3RR and an inspiration!

Dustin

Geronimo

Great work, keep up what you are doing cause what you are doing is so unique!  &apls
Take care!

metarvo

That is touching, David.  It is also so very true.  To be honest, I feel like I can relate to this in my own small way.  I remember how I had SC4, got tired of it, didn't play it for a while, and finally found this site.  The rest, they say, is history.... Your last post brought back memories for me.

Keep it up, David.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.