• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Stagnation - unknown cause

Started by flame1396, January 14, 2008, 09:45:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flame1396

I have a region currently made up of 2 cities. Populations are roughly equal but one holds most of the jobs, however I don't think commutes are the problem as the slow growth is present in both cities. I go for realism and like tree lined streets and so most of the transportation is streets which connect to highway but I doubt that traffic is the issue, even with base speed and capacity settings it worked smoothly. It isn't taxes (I cheat - however I usually end up making money  :thumbsup:) and I know it isn't desirability. Mass transit is ubiquitous and half the commuters ride a bus, there is decent rail usage as well.

EDIT: the screenshot is a bit out of date. there's some suburbs added to the west city and both have filled out a bit.
EDIT AGAIN: Pop is now a bit above 100k

Both cities are growing slowly barely at all, and I have no industry at the moment (haven't figured out where it will go as the city is landlocked). The city with the downtown grows a tad faster than the other... I have a decent mix of low and medium wealth housing and very little high (I'm going for a middle class, Sacramento look - unfortunately I have no river to make a convenient and easy transition to industrial  :D).

I have a few ideas on how to kick-start growth:

1) open a new tile in an area which will be mostly suburbs and build suburbs... This would break a cap?

2) Add some more high wealth res to allow more growth to other areas...

3) open a new tile and build suburbs that trail off into industry... may require a convenient river to magically appear.

Oh yeah, this has happened to me a many times before... in my previous city and ones before that.

Any ideas? I can post more screenshots if necessary or you can visit my MD to see the rest of it, it's in the bottom of ones to watch.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

jonoboo

This happened to me and I got told to use lots and lots of parks and plazas. It worked sort of, loads of buildings popped up but then it stopped again. :( Then i gave up.....
Meh!

wouanagaine

You should download the file attached to Ripplejet post and read the post, then report the screenshot here for the 2 cities, we will be able to help you more

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Hahayoudied

I would continue to place cap busters, reduce tax a bit, add industry somewhere, and if none of those work, then you may want to use the Super Demand Mod (be careful with that mod, once you uninstall it after using it, it will cause the demand to drop rock bottom).