• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

region view problem

Started by urban, May 09, 2008, 01:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

urban

Hey!

I have discovered a strange problem: if I go to to the reghion view after I have played a city, there is a piece of the city's texture missing! I added a picture, so you can all see it.
if I play the city everything is normal.

Does anybody have an idea, how I can solve this problem?

Would be great

dAVid

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

Pat

HI daVid its great to here from you again and honestly I got no clue what could have caused that problem as I just recently had this happen to me ............

What happend on Tuesday when I played is that I went into that city and I started to play then it CTD on me, on wednesday I tried again it worked fine and then I saved and exited the game and then no more problems... But it was wierd at that.... Have you just gone from playing to save to exit???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

urban

it doesn't matter whether I exit the game directly or going via teh region and it stays and does not go away =(

(Yeah hey again, I was gone for some time I now, RL issues^^)

Walker's Island

Pat

Have you stopped in the Show us your Game Oddities thread at all??? If not I suggest checking it out here [linkie], as Handson had a good idea in what to do....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

wouanagaine

Urban this is a known bug when you save large city and your resolution is 1600x1200
lower your screen resolution or buy up to 4 gb of RAM to solve it ( the former solution is cheaper :) )

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

dragonshardz

Though 4GB of RAM is what I'll have eventually, though this isn't a problem for me. But unless you have the $$$, lower the resolution.

urban

Walker's Island

superhands

well, a few days ago, i thought id play sc4. after saving and exiting to my region, the city displayed was a blank/new flat grass city. i reapeted this twice.
any help?
dave

MandelSoft

Try to save the city again and return to the region WITHOUT doing something else, just wait. It works for me.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE