• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Photo Contest Suggestion Box

Started by Masochist, April 05, 2007, 07:27:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Masochist

I couldn't use that link, either.  I had to go in the back way $%#Ninj2...

Try [this registration link].  Register (it takes almost literally 10 seconds), then it'll tell you to log in, then I think you'll get to where you need to go.

I already have a picture up to test it ;).

-Isaac

P.S. For future reference, that's how my middle name is spelled %wrd

<EDIT> LOL...if you highlight the page that you reach by clicking on the link star.torturer provided, you'll see a hidden link...click on that, and you'll see the homepage.
(Under Construction)

JoeST

OH yeah.... hehehe, forgot about that page...yeah thanks Isacc, (hehehe, sorry about that). There is still some problems with it... and not all the things are started yet... unfortunately atm you can vote many times. this WILL be fixed, I just dont know how yet without breaking the current system heheh

and thanks very much for testing it out :)

Joe

EDIT: just a heads up, Isacc, you inputted the wrong forum ID lol, jmyers2043, was this intentional? hehe

EDIT: looks like that little problem with voting is fixed YAY :)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

Hey Joe got a question for you about the profile link?  I clicked on my name and it brought me to hay_tsooner123 right here on Devo... Is that supposed to happen???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

i duno... thats quite strange, did you put 938 in? or 628? I can change it manualy. just a bit weird its not putting it in automatically.. weird...

... I also see you voted for yourself :p lol, will fix that now :)

Joe

Pat

LoL I wanted to see what happened.... I had entered 648 i guess thats why it linked then to that profile...  accourding to the number when I did a member search my number is 938???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

Your number is 938, but it also didnt work on Masochists registration...

now there is a current score. next for no voting from competitors, (and maybe previous voters) !

Joe

Pat

It works now just fine with linking right to my profile now and it still seems I cant score a vote lol  :D

Kitsune

Split the comp in two, one for Images that have been edited, and one for images that are clean...
~ NAM Team Member

flame1396

Quote from: Kitsune on June 24, 2008, 12:05:57 PM
Split the comp in two, one for Images that have been edited, and one for images that are clean...

I vote yes.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

NASCAR_Guy

I would dominate the clean pic category :P

(okay Not really but I agree about splitting it ;) )
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

M4346

Okay, I know that this might be an awkward suggestion and may ask a lot from members... but after a while it will become second nature if considered and implemented, no? :P

I was thinking that you pin to the top of the page in the SC4 Picture Competition Thread, the following code that can be copied and pasted to make the voting more 'neat' and less confusing... (Yeah, I realise that's saying much. :P )

But if you'd encourage voters to use a table in this format:

[tabular type=2]
[row][head][b]Name of Contestant[/b][/head][head][b]Votes Cast For[/b][/head][/row]
[row][data][name contestant 1][/data][data][number of votes for contestant 1][/data][/row]
[row][data][name contestant 2][/data][data][number of votes for contestant 2[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

Looking like this:

[tabular type=2]
[row][head]Name of Contestant[/head][head]Votes Cast For[/head][/row]
[row][data][name contestant 1][/data][data][number of votes for contestant 1][/data][/row]
[row][data][name contestant 2][/data][data][number of votes for contestant 2][/data][/row]
[/tabular]

Benefits
  • Makes voting more 'neat'
  • Structures voting better
  • Teaches people how to use tables :P

So, the powers that be put the rough format at the top of the thread and voters can even just quote the post immediately above and adjust accordingly.

All in favour...? lol
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

CasperVg

I'm in favour of that, and will be using it  :D
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

JoeST

bat

yes, very good idea there, M! ;)

And I also will be using it...

Pat

Marius that is a fantastic idea there!!! I love it and I think it would be also well implemented....

[tabular type=2]
[row][head]good idea or bad idea[/head][head]Votes Cast For the Idea[/head][/row]
[row][data]Good[/data][data][4][/data][/row]
[row][data]Bad[/data][data][0.][/data][/row]
[/tabular]

while I was messing around with the table I noticed it doesnt record just 0 so to have the 0 displayed you would have to go with 0.

M4346

Yay! LOL

I should perhaps add that this should not necessarily be made compulsory - at least I don't think so anyway!

But! Thanks for the support!  $%Grinno$%
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Masochist

It's in the stickied post ;).

I wish I'd've given you karma when I had the chance...:-[
(Under Construction)

nerdly_dood

What I'd like to see is a "Best SC4 Picture Ever" contest in which people vote among the various pictures in the HoF to gradually narrow down the choices one by one until there are two left and then people vote for one of those and the person who made the Best Picture gets a new CML or something as a reward. (And maybe karma...)

This would be pretty much the plain ol' SC4 Best Pictures Contest but it would run standard bracket style - pairs duke it out at the beginning, and then one in each pair wins or loses. Then you have half the pictures left and they duke it out, and then half of them remain after the voting and the process repeats until there is one left which is the winner.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Pat

Hey Nerdly I think that is allready done at least once and that was last year around SC4D anniversary...  But I think it was off of the entries that never made it to the HOF....  I do agree that a show down with the HOFfers would be fantastic!!!!

rooker1

Be patient guys. 
Maybe something like this will happen in the near future. 
Than again, maybe not.  ;)

Robin  ::)
Call me Robin, please.