• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fabian93's Entries

Started by Fabian93, November 16, 2009, 02:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nardo69

Moinsen! :)

Nice one. The railway station looks a tad oversized but is laid out nicely for sure. Good work with the timberwork houses, I guess one day I need to do a special timberworks plugin folder, too ...  &Thk/(

Good luck with the votes!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Fabian93

Welcome to the City of Vulhop!

Vulhop is a city in the Empire of Leviathan. With almost 2.520.000 it is one of the biggest cities in the Empire. It is not only well known for it's preservation of 19th century architecture, but also for it's modern buildings. The city is a mix of both and is considered as one of the most beautiful cities. In addition to that, Vulhop has the highest density of millionaires in Leviathan.

Anyway... let us have a look at the map of the city center, first:

The first thing you will probably notice is the boulevard, leading to the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church. On the bottom left you will find the second church, directly in front of the canal.
You might also spot the huge park with a small lake in it.

Now we'll have some closer looks as well:

I hope you liked the little tour,

Fabian :)

tooheys

Hi Fabian, great to see you back defending the title.

Goodluck

Dave

Fabian93

Okay, then I will also post a teaser ::):

The marketplace is of course just a first draft (people props need to be added and so on)...

Edit: By the way, I didn't photoshop that picture, I just used the sharpening-tool... but now I'm not sure whether it is sharpened too much??!
Please let me know, so that I know it for the future ;)

ecoba

Ooh, Fabian you need to let me know where you get your Euro W2Ws..

I see some there I haven't seen anywhere before.

Ethan

tooheys

QuoteEdit: By the way, I didn't photoshop that picture, I just used the sharpening-tool... but now I'm not sure whether it is sharpened too much??!
Please let me know, so that I know it for the future

Hi Fabian

Let's just say that would be the upper extent of what we would consider acceptable, so perhaps just a little less sharpening to play it safe. Of course the main test will be the cathedral itself, a lot that everyone will have and something that can be compared across the board.

Anyway nice little teaser  :thumbsup:, or bit of misdirection  :D

Cheers

Dave

bat

Nice work on that area of that nice teaser!
And looking forward to the finished town... ;)

Fabian93

Here's another little teaser...

Hope you like it (needs a little bit work though, especially on the canals) ;)
I'm in a hurry right now (waiting for my teacher... driving lessons  ::)).
BTW... don't want to complain, but I somehow question the sense of only showing pictures with a church on ()what() - it will cause us to only concentrate on some points of our cities... the rest will remain unshown anyway...

tooheys

QuoteBTW... don't want to complain, but I somehow question the sense of only showing pictures with a church on  - it will cause us to only concentrate on some points of our cities... the rest will remain unshown anyway...

Fabian

Not a problem Fabian. But that is part of the challenge and why we are still using a small tile this time around. Placement of your churches will determine just how much you get to show of your town so planning becomes an issue. Don't forget though that with something like the KW, you only have to show say the very top of the spire for the pic to count and there are no restrictions on what zoom you use. It just may be you can't show all your town in as detailed views as you would normally prefer.

We hope to provide a different challenge each comp, some will be easier than others, though some will find the easy ones hard and visa versa. This time round, the photo rule is probably the hardest part.

Hope that answers your query  :)

Dave

Gilikov1994

Realy realy good fabian, looks very realistic! :thumbsup:
Check out my LOT thread, and also the EBLTeam!

==> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=10509.msg318190#new <==

bat

This newest teaser is also great!! :thumbsup:

Nardo69

The first pic reminds me a bit of the Schillerplatz in Mainz. Not far away from the Dom (Cathedral) and the Stephanskirche. My Grandma lived there.

The second picture ... looks different but not worse. Let's see how much more surprises you will show us!

Take care!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

WC_EEND

Looks like the compettion is going to be tough again, great lotting Fabian :thumbsup:
RIP Adrian (adroman), you were a great friend

My LOT thread                                    

SCAG BAe146/Avro RJ Project

Fabian93

Yeah, just one last teaser - I hope I'm able to finish my city on time... I still need to fill quite a lot of places &mmm.
Anyway, hope you like it (not the best quality):

Fabian  :)
P.S: I hope more people are going to participate :thumbsup:

bat

That's a great looking picture!! :thumbsup:

Fabian93

Well, I just thought it would be good to let you know, that I've posted my entry on top of the page.
Please give the pictures a few minutes to load correctly  :).

I hope you like it :thumbsup:.
Good luck to everyone else, who is participating :),

Fabian

(comments would be apprciated  ;) ;))

vester

Quote from: Fabian93 on February 09, 2010, 09:42:14 AM
Here's another little teaser...

Well I am sold, that, the other teaser and the update.

Just wonderful city.