• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CTD Issue

Started by deathtopumpkins, November 26, 2008, 07:04:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

I've looked through this board and not found a similar problem, so here goes.

I hadn't experienced a CTD playing SC4 in almost a year, when suddenly last night I clicked on one of the menu buttons, and flash, screen goes black and right to the desktop. Then it just did it again tonight. Both times in the same city, but when clicking different buttons and doing different things.

I can't figure out a cause of this, but it's getting really irritating as it only happens when it's been a little while since I've saved...  :'(

I'm running XP SP3, with an AMD 64 Athalon processor, and an ATI Raedon graphics card (can't remember which, it's been upgraded), and I believe 2 GB of RAM (also been upgraded many times). That's all I really know (family computer)

Any ideas?
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Elektra

Anything new been installed between the time you weren't having issues and the time you started having issues?
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."
A. Einstein

deathtopumpkins

Well actually since posting that the problem has appeared to stop. Thanks anyway for your help though, Elektra!
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

metarvo

I apologize for the four-month bump, but I am having a problem similar to the one that dtp had a while back.  I had a random CTD last night, but I considered it to be an isolated incident, so I don't know what I did to cause that one.  Unfortunately, that's not all.  I have had two CTDs today within two hours for no real reason, while doing seemingly mundane things.  The first one happened when I pressed "2" to go to Zoom Level 2 in a city, and the second one occurred when I clicked on the Water Utilities menu icon.  I have ruled out the Puzzle Piece/TE Lot cause, since this city has no TE Lots.  I never had this problem in this city before, but I have gone a few days without playing it.  The only new plugins I have installed since then are a group of HSRP-related plugins and two custom BATs of mine, none of which are used in this city. 

Any help will be appreciated.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.