• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

European House Add-on (EHA) by Gn_Leugim

Started by gn_leugim, July 30, 2012, 12:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gn_leugim

Obrigado amigo  :thumbsup:

Also edit the link which was not good, now it is :D

gn_leugim

I am having an issue with Building foundations. at lower slopes, the building show no foundations, and the buildings just hangs in the air.

I made the foundation, all under Z=0, rendered it as such, created the desc. file, set its size the same as the building, and in the buildings I set the Building Foundation property to match the foundation ID

What I am doing wrong??

FrankU

Quote from: gn_leugim on October 04, 2012, 06:17:43 AM
double post ftw  :-[

So, lately I've been seeing real life buildings to base mine on. these usually are Portuguese, so, in order to avoid droping the project into a Portuguese House Add-on, I took a trip to France :D    on google streets... :uhm:

after searching for a long time, I found a good building in Nantes (here)

So, hands to work, and yes, I took 2 floors down, to match the scale :P

I may revisit the textures, namely the roof ones, but so far, not bad ein? :D the maxis building is there for reference on scale ^^

A nice building. Especially the windows are a 300% better than the flat ugly maxis ones!

gn_leugim

thank you :)

well, I have the issue more or less under control. here is a picture of some city blocks that use these two last building packs

I know, that foundation is a bit bright and I will fix it out ;)

you can see the ones I made and the maxis ones close by, so you can take a comparison :P

Also, I want help naming these two. the first one I have a name for it, keeping the tongue-in-cheek naming, which is Little Tile Apartment.

I name it such way because of how their façades are finished, with little tiles like this: http://www.luisprado.com.br/fotos/textura_parede_azulejo_luis_prado_fotografo.jpg

Now, in portuguese I name it "Apartamento Azuleijinhos" where I pick up the word Tiles (Azuleijo) and applied a diminitive. For english I found some ways to apply the diminutive, but none sound good. does it sound good to you "Tilock Apartments" or "Tilesie Apartments"?

For other languages I am a bit clueless too. but  ma have some suggestions:

Spanish: Apartamento Azulejitos
French: Apartment Carrelette
Italian: Apartamento Piastrella
German: Wohnung Fliesetje
Dutch: Appartement Tegeltje

Others are welcome too :)

vortext

Quote from: gn_leugim on October 09, 2012, 10:39:42 AM
I am having an issue with Building foundations. at lower slopes, the building show no foundations, and the buildings just hangs in the air.

I made the foundation, all under Z=0, rendered it as such, created the desc. file, set its size the same as the building, and in the buildings I set the Building Foundation property to match the foundation ID

What I am doing wrong??

This is all correctly done. However if you want to foundation to show at even the slighest slopes you'll need to set 'MaxSlopeBeforeLotFoundation' to zero. This property is located in the Lotfile.
And while at it, you might want to set 'MaxSlopeAllowed' rather high so the lots don't cause retaining walls. Instead the textures will conform to even the steepest slopes.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

gn_leugim

well, but there is a catch, I don't use my own lots, or, you won't, because I only provide the Building model and desc files. they use maxis lots, or, better said, they are made part of maxis families, and grow where they grow, usually maxis lots. So, that moding is out of my hands realy.

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

kbieniu7

For polish version I suggest "Kafelkowe apartamenty". "Kafel" means a tile, but rather for use in interiors, especially in chimneys and furnaces/heaters (I'm not sure which word in English has better meaning in this situation). It could be "fliza" or more general "płytka ceramiczna" (ceramic tile), but they do not sound as well as the first one. I need to ask few people, what do they think, but for this moment you could use "Kafelkowe apartamenty".  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

noahclem

Great progress here  &apls  The buildings are looking very nice!

art128

Fantastic! And I quite like the name in french.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

whatevermind

Looking good!  As for the English name, neither Tilock nor Tilesie make any sense as variations on Tile, but both could work as formal names. Tilock (maybe Tillock instead) for a more upscale place, Tilesie (or Tilesey) for a lower-wealth place, perhaps. I can't think of any good alternatives either, at the least they all look weird in print even if they sound ok spoken (i.e. Tiley, Tilish).

Otherwise, simply Tiny Tile Apartments would work. Or, one beauty of English, is you can simply steal words from other languages. I particularly like the ring of Azulejitos.  $%Grinno$%

gn_leugim

Quote from: vortext on October 11, 2012, 02:57:31 PM
Yeah and I was mistaken anyway. &mmm

well, I have it somehow sort it out. thanks for the help ;)

Quote from: kbieniu7 on October 11, 2012, 03:30:20 PM
For polish version I suggest "Kafelkowe apartamenty". "Kafel" means a tile, but rather for use in interiors, especially in chimneys and furnaces/heaters (I'm not sure which word in English has better meaning in this situation). It could be "fliza" or more general "płytka ceramiczna" (ceramic tile), but they do not sound as well as the first one. I need to ask few people, what do they think, but for this moment you could use "Kafelkowe apartamenty".  :)

Thank you for your input, shall be included  :thumbsup:

Quote from: noahclem on October 11, 2012, 03:31:39 PM
Great progress here  &apls  The buildings are looking very nice!

thank you very much :)

Quote from: art128 on October 11, 2012, 03:35:57 PM
Fantastic! And I quite like the name in french.

Thank you, Wikipidia help me a lot on that one :p

Quote from: whatevermind on October 11, 2012, 05:10:25 PM
Looking good!  As for the English name, neither Tilock nor Tilesie make any sense as variations on Tile, but both could work as formal names. Tilock (maybe Tillock instead) for a more upscale place, Tilesie (or Tilesey) for a lower-wealth place, perhaps. I can't think of any good alternatives either, at the least they all look weird in print even if they sound ok spoken (i.e. Tiley, Tilish).

Otherwise, simply Tiny Tile Apartments would work. Or, one beauty of English, is you can simply steal words from other languages. I particularly like the ring of Azulejitos.  $%Grinno$%

Ya, I am quite familiar with the English and wasn't able to find a good diminuitive, so, the Little Tile sounded to me the best option. But that second stealing $%#Ninj2 option is actulay a good one  :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

I'm not fully agreed with the dutch translation. "Tegeltjes Appartementen" sounds better ;)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

gn_leugim

MandelSoft : noted ;) thank you

So, here I am again with a new building:

It took me several days to get there and... still missing the nightlights... oh gosh, the nightlights...

FrankU

Nice model, wow!

Do I see this right: do the staircase have no roof? So they are in open air? What happens when it rains? Does everyone stay in the house (or outside?) until it gets dry again?

Frank

art128

Quote from: FrankU on October 23, 2012, 11:32:46 AM

Do I see this right: do the staircase have no roof? So they are in open air? What happens when it rains? Does everyone stay in the house (or outside?) until it gets dry again?

I have seen quite a lot of buildings with no staircase roof. :P

Nice looking model there, Gn!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

gn_leugim

no no no it has a roof  :P that part of the building, in profile, is like this: __|''''''

but the botom part is not visible behind the walls. see that circular window? that ain't no window, just a hole in the wall ;) I based this one on this buildings here

thank you both :p

FrankU

Ah, I see. Thanks!
What a bad way of avioding the conflict in the inner corner where three buildings (on the image) meet: just an empty space! This is really bad architecture, but as such useful for SC4.

gn_leugim

ya, I had to turn around that.. weird... thing... but I think I managed =)

gn_leugim