• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathtopumpkins

Glad you got it working David! And I'd like to test them too if you don't mind. Keep up the great work! ;D
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

homefryes

I would love to test, but I'm not in a position to right now, as I'm in the early stages of designing a region, and I wouldn't be able to justifiably test! But I can't wait to see others' results! Excellent work, David. Can't wait to see what you come up with next!

— Don
Utility Poles Project [linkie]
Ashtabula (the MD) is not dead; it's just on a really long hiatus!
Check out Homefryes' BATatorium

nerdly_dood

I'd also like to jump in to test, if you don't mind ;)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

BarbyW

You caught me lurking, David. ;D These look superb but I am not offering to test them. I will, however, look for a release on these.
3RR is an inspiration to all who visit.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

bwatterud

Well I held out on the FAR/FARR beta, because between school, football, and the fact that I didn't have a region, I wouldn't have been able to actually test them.  But now that I've got a region under development, and a two week break ahead of me, I'd love to play around with STR. 

EDIT:
Quote from: burgsabre87 on December 19, 2008, 12:06:16 PM
Words can't describe SC4 anymore.  This simply is not the same game I bought in 2003.
Seconded.  Between the stuff David's doing here, the stuff Tarkus is doing with the RHW, the NAM, CAM, and even comparatively simple things like custom BATs and terrain mods, we've turned the game into an entirely new animal.  It's pretty amazing to see screenshots from 3 to 4 years ago (and even more recent ones), and compare them to screenies from now. 

dedgren

Speaks for itself...

I am headed out to a dinner celebrating the Christmas season held by the wonderful folks who are caring for Josh here in Montana.  When I'm back, I'll package everything up for the 72 73 74 however many folks who've requested them.  Thanks for all the great comments.  We're back to blowing the doors off the page views again- you folks are number one in my book.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

We're back to blowing the doors off the page views again- you folks are number one in my book.

It's no wonder, what with all these STR lovelies you're showing us!

Glad to hear that you're finished up with things, my friend! Have a good time at your Christmas dinner!

Dustin

Pat

David you have a great night out sir you deserve it!!!

Quoteyou folks are number one in my book.

David actually I think a lot of other folks here will agree with me this is where you are wrong, why I say that it is you who is

# 1

in our Books David you do so much for us and SC4D in the whole sense!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

frdrcklim

OMG! How long was I gone here. Awesome work David. Looking forward to those pieces, but I think I'll just wait it out 'til the official release  :).

I still can't believe it's done. Now that it is,  :thumbsup:.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

sim-al2

The game makes yet enough quantum shift. At this rate, people will start making the game better than a design studio could. :D
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

gardenwong

also.......
#1 david :thumbsup:
You bring a lot of  things to us  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

dedgren

Today, the 20th, is 3RR's second birthday on SC4D.  You'll have to wait a bit, though, for any celebration.  It's after midnight in Montana and I'm headed for bed.

I sent out the STR and a few other goodies to everyone who I think asked.  If it's not in your email the next time you look and you recall requesting it here, let me know.

It'll be interesting to see who will post the first "someone other than me" STR pics.

We will hit page 300 and 6,000 comments today, I'd guess.  Start sharpening your guessing skills, too.  We'll see who can guess by how many page views 3RR will beat 200K at the stroke of midnight (Alaska Standard Time) on December 31st.  Should be an interesting couple of days.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

gardenwong

OH~I am also interesting to test it......
俺がã,¬ãƒ³ãƒ€ãƒ ã wwwwww

deathtopumpkins

Your pics look great, David (especially the first one)! Thanks for the email and I'll put it all in my game tomorrow when I'm actually on a computer, and I'll be sure to post some pics.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

thundercrack83

Happy Birthday, 3RR!

Congratulations on two years here at SC4D, David! And what a great two years they've been, huh? The STR is just the latest in a string of greatest hits that would make even Elvis blush!

Your STR shots make the ones that I've played around with look like nothing!

Speaking of which...

My initial foray into the STR, I've put together a piece list:

1. Starter Piece
2. 90° Curve
3. 45° Curve
4. 90° Curve off STR Switch
5. 45° Curve off STR Switch
6. 90° Curve off Dual Rail Straight Switch
7. 45° Curve off Dual Rail Straight Switch
8. Double Track to Parallel STR Switch
9. Double Track to Parallel STR Switch
10. S-Curve
11. Double to Single Track Transition
12. Diagonal STR to Orthogonal STR Switch
13. Diagonal Dual Rail to Orthogonal STR Switch
14. Diagonal S-Curve
15. Straight Filler Piece
16. Diagonal Filler Piece

One item I've already noticed and noted in red italics--The piece labeled "8" in the picture is called a "Double Track to Parallel STR Switch," though I think it should be "Single Track to Parallel STR Switch," since it's two single rail pieces.

Other than that, I'll be heading back in to play around some more!

Have a great weekend, David! And enjoy the second anniversary of 3RR!

Here's to many more, my friend!

Dustin

Earth quake

Wow, it's my first post in the 3RR.  &ops
I love the STR, and I'm interested to test this.  :thumbsup:
So: I love your, more realistic and your different bat, particularity the new seasonal tree.  :thumbsup:
And:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY 3RR

FrankU

Happy Birthday David!

Can't wait to use the STR, but I'm afraid that I am not in a position to help testing. Sorry.

threestooges

Happy Birthday 3RR. I'll stop back by with a bit of a present hopefully, but until then, here's to the second birthday at SC4D, and hopefully many more to come.
-Matt

TheTeaCat

Congratulations are in order on 3RR's 2'nd birthday &apls &apls

I love it when you get sidetracked  ::) and we end up with game breaking stuff  &apls
I would love to test out STR if I could but there is no rush .

It's amazing to see how much has been done to take the game to new levels especially by you
and to see just how much development has been achieved (And STILL not a building in sight  $%Grinno$% )

Hope you have a Happy and Peaceful Yuletide  my friend (And many more :thumbsup:)

Regards
Derry

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

frdrcklim

Nice pictures David. Happy second birthday here  ;D.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.