• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

QuoteSo? you also already know that g's map car has gone through red lights,

In that youtube video, it did not run the red light. ;) It was still yellow when it crossed the line, therefore it's still legal.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

j-dub

Better be, but I hope they don't trap you that way, if you ever wind up on some yankee road, because stupid u s traffic cameras like to go off if it sees anything straight thru the intersection after the light changes, there is no camera here yet, luckily for them. However, one places rules could be different from the others, which is why US/CAN has a different center turn lane design then AUS. In the US, they sometimes use the center turn lane to cross half-way out of those driveways when traffic is too frequent, now a days, I just see people take a lot more risks upon exiting.

Moonraker0

Perhaps you remember that I posted a while ago about a stretch of MAVE-6 not having any traffic or any UDI ability.  I said I'd try the test patch that fixed "stairstepping" paths on MAVE-6 and other networks.  I tried it, and nothing happened at first.  I told myself I'd wait and keep playing that city to see if it took time for the fix to work, but I made new cities and sort of forgot about the problem.  So, it seems that the test patch didn't ever work.

Now that we have NWM 1.1.1 to fix the stairstepping problem, I installed that (made sure the test patch was no longer in my plugins folder), as I somehow still had 1.1.0 when I checked this morning.  I probably lost it in a DATPack (had 1.1.1 in my plugins folder, deleted that to datpack, and then lost it because my plugins.alwaysloose folder didn't have the new NWM when I copied everything back in).  So I loaded up that city with 1.1.1 installed.

The paths appeared to be slightly different (small diagonal arrows; I remember you said that those would be visible because they used to be underground and were moved to the surface to fix the stairstepping), but still no traffic was on the MAVE-6, and the "No car" zot building along it remained abandoned.  I tried driving a UDI bus onto that stretch, and it disappeared/the UDI session ended.  I also tried re-dragging the road tool on top of the MAVE-6 problem stretch, as well as setting the simulator clock to the fastest speed and waiting about four months, but still the problem stretch had no traffic on it, morning or evening.  So, can anyone suggest anything to fix this?

GDO29Anagram

GDO29Anagram again.

After reading someone's post about an "issue" about TLA pathing (Not UDI, but Automata),...

Quote from: Artipsychol on November 08, 2010, 03:00:11 PM
Hi. Sorry, if someone has already asked about the same issue. Is there any way to fix this:

... I think we may need to consider adding one more question to the FAQ since it's not on there already, and in case no one else suggested this before:

Q: How come cars on TLA-3/5 networks are making left turns and disappearing and cars on OWR-4/5 are going in circles in the middle of the road?
A: In the case of the TLA networks, that's how the paths are designed. For two-tile OWR networks, there are crossover paths, similar to those on RHW networks, which may result in cars doing donuts in the middle of two tile OWR networks.

(If someone can help me word/edit this, that'd be great.)

Oh, and Moonraker0, did you DATpack NWM 1.1.0, install NWM 1.1.1, but lost NWM 1.1.0 somewhere? That's like installing the newest version of the NAM or RHW, but not removing the older version. If so, you'll have to find the previous version and remove it. Maybe it'll help. And also, if you did, avoid DATpacking the NAM or any of its plugins. That makes updates more difficult.

Quote8. Should I DatPack the NAM?

Generally speaking, no.  It can cause issues when installing future updates to the NAM, and thus, is not recommended.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Moonraker0

Thanks for the reply, GDO29Anagram, but I do not DATPack the NAM or its components (as the FAQ item you posted said not to).  I have a Plugins.nonpacked folder (with everything that is routinely DATPacked, BATs, lots, etc.), Plugins.alwaysloose (which I copy back into the main plugins folder after DATPacking everything in Plugins.nonpacked; this is what contains all mods including the NAM), and the main plugin folder.  So there's probably no possibility of the NAM anything being accidentally DATPacked, as I have done this setup from the beginning.  I just searched Plugins.nonpacked now and didn't find anything about the NAM, so we can probably rule that out.

SimNation

Loving the look of all of those transition pieces shown so far. Going to be interesting to see how people use them all in the game.

Nexis4Jersey

Are we ever going to get any NWM bridges or Tunnels?

Blue Lightning

Bridges yes, in fact. . .

Just a quick and dirty texture replacement on the RHW-4 bridges, to see how it would look.

As for tunnels, only option is TE lots to subway or FLUPs. We have yet to figure out how to perform an override of tunnels. . .and its highly likely that we can't.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Korot

May I consider TLA-3 bridges rather useless? The reason for this is rather simple: TLA's are designed to allow easier access to buildings on the left side of the road you're driving on, if I'm not mistaken. And I don't know about you, but I think turning left on a bridge isn't something I would do, it would probably end up being quite painful.  $%Grinno$%

However, I am looking forward to the other NWM bridges. Any ideas about how the wider OWR bridges are going to be done?

Regards,
Korot

Opkl

I am having a problem with the new slip lanes for the NWM. The sims are not using them, instead they're just making a right at the intersection and when I go into U-drive and drive over the slip lanes, the car disappears. What is the problem? Thanks for the replies.

Tarkus

Quote from: Korot on November 13, 2010, 01:02:29 PM
May I consider TLA-3 bridges rather useless? The reason for this is rather simple: TLA's are designed to allow easier access to buildings on the left side of the road you're driving on, if I'm not mistaken. And I don't know about you, but I think turning left on a bridge isn't something I would do, it would probably end up being quite painful.  $%Grinno$%

Well, think of it as a dual-purpose TLA-3/AVE-2 bridge. ::)  And don't worry, it won't be pathed to allow turns off the bridge.  (Though GPS devices have been known to advise people to turn off bridges before. ::))

Quote from: Korot on November 13, 2010, 01:02:29 PM
However, I am looking forward to the other NWM bridges. Any ideas about how the wider OWR bridges are going to be done?

The OWR-3 will probably just be OWR-based.  The OWR-4 and 5 will probably end up being Avenue based.

Quote from: Opkl on November 13, 2010, 01:28:05 PM
I am having a problem with the new slip lanes for the NWM. The sims are not using them, instead they're just making a right at the intersection and when I go into U-drive and drive over the slip lanes, the car disappears. What is the problem? Thanks for the replies.

The slip lanes aren't part of the NWM--they're part of TuLEPs Basic in the NAM.  There was a pathing issue was reported some time ago with them and a patch was released in the TuLEPs development thread, attached to the bottom of the first post in the thread.

-Alex

Opkl

Quote from: Tarkus on November 13, 2010, 01:57:08 PM
Well, think of it as a dual-purpose TLA-3/AVE-2 bridge. ::)  And don't worry, it won't be pathed to allow turns off the bridge.  (Though GPS devices have been known to advise people to turn off bridges before. ::))

The OWR-3 will probably just be OWR-based.  The OWR-4 and 5 will probably end up being Avenue based.

The slip lanes aren't part of the NWM--they're part of TuLEPs Basic in the NAM.  There was a pathing issue was reported some time ago with them and a patch was released in the TuLEPs development thread, attached to the bottom of the first post in the thread.

-Alex

Thanks for the fast reply Tarkus. Will the NWM networks have their own on slope, over highway/road/rail/avenue/street, and on slope intersection pieces as well?

Tarkus

Quote from: Opkl on November 13, 2010, 02:07:00 PM
Thanks for the fast reply Tarkus. Will the NWM networks have their own on slope, over highway/road/rail/avenue/street, and on slope intersection pieces as well?

Elevated networks are indeed planned for the NWM.  They'll probably be sooner rather than later because of the NAM Road/OWR/Avenue viaduct facelift project's progress has been designed with porting to NWM networks in mind.

-Alex

Blue Lightning

Korot: Hence why the double solid lines and the hatching across the median, and the way the texture is set up, as Alex said, it can work for TLA-3 or AVE-2.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Opkl

Quote from: Blue Lightning on November 13, 2010, 07:34:28 PM
Korot: Hence why the double solid lines and the hatching across the median, and the way the texture is set up, as Alex said, it can work for TLA-3 or AVE-2.

Your bridge is nice, but I think the dashed lines on the median are a little too thick and stand out a lot. Maybe a little thinner?

zakuten

Now this would be one crazy challenge for a bridge designer, but I'd love to see the smaller suspension bridge edited for AVE-2 so as to have two one-lane road decks, with a median (visually at least) for pedestrians, or even if possible, a "hole" between the two halves. Like a super-mini Brooklyn Bridge, haha. Of course, I know this is a complete pie-in-the-sky idea, so I don't expect anything from it. But it'd sure be purty.  ::)
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

Korot

Hmm, well, maybe some sort of suspension bridge, with the support wires attaching to the median would look nice.
And with regards to the thick lines in the median: I suggest to change their current angel. Right now, the align with the vertical in the picture, making the upper road looking like it's on a higher level of the bridge, instead of the same. Perhaps using another angel will avoid this effect.

Regards,
Korot

the_bounty_hunter

Hi, I just want to ask you a simple question, are you "The NWM Team" going to create overpasses for the NWM roads and avenues? because it would be great, besides, I'm getting tired of the traffic lights on main avenues hehe.

Thanks for answer.

Really really great work!!
Greetings from Colombia

Opkl

Quote from: the_bounty_hunter on November 24, 2010, 10:57:43 AM
Hi, I just want to ask you a simple question, are you "The NWM Team" going to create overpasses for the NWM roads and avenues? because it would be great, besides, I'm getting tired of the traffic lights on main avenues hehe.

Thanks for answer.

Really really great work!!
Greetings from Colombia

I really hope so. :P

ivo_su

Not just you. I also hope to see overpasses and underpasses for new roads and Avenues of NWM. I think all we want.

- Ivaylo