• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityMaster563

Coastland Region: The SC4 Story:
http://community.simtropolis.com/journal/4478-coastland-region-the-sc4-
story/
The story of two major counties, Ashville and Coastland, battle out to have an individual city reach 1 million sims, but a major storm destroys one city, and a major. What will now happen?
Coming soon: SimCity 4, Full 3D Art (a museum tour)

jdenm8

Hm... That's strange... City Life had AVE-2, why remove it in CitiesXL?

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Wiimeiser

I heard someone was making a RHW Mod of sorts for CXL, I may be wrong though.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

MandelSoft

^^ Yep, that was me again. But that one unfortunately failed. The game was making it too hard for me  ()sad()
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Wiimeiser

You just need to find a Rosetta Stone, so to speak. SC4's RHW was the result of discovering an unused network, for example.
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Ramona Brie

crushedcar

I'm not sure if the has been addressed in the thread yet, but are there any plans for overpasses for these networks? Particularly are there any plans for NWM over RHW pieces?

JeeKTan

Is there any FLUPs for TLA-5 so that my one-way roads can go under TLA-5???

Believe it or not, Haruhi Suzumiya is actually autistic :P
Simcity 4 Multiplayer Mode is now live : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11945.0
Visit Northport : http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11746.0
Take part in BlueHope The New Interactive Journal : http://bluehopecj.freeforums.org/index.php

Tarkus

Quote from: JeeKTan on February 25, 2011, 09:16:44 PM
Is there any FLUPs for TLA-5 so that my one-way roads can go under TLA-5???

Currently, no.  They're on the drawing board, but unlikely to make the next version.  In the interim, just use the Avenue ones.

-Alex

Ramona Brie

Right now, if a TLA-5 ends any road or avenue (no street) at a T, the turn lane markings remain even if there's no left turn in that direction.

With that in mind, there's something I want to show you here – note the diagonal striping from the direction where the only turn is right.

Ryan B.

Quote from: Tracker on February 26, 2011, 11:47:57 AM
Right now, if a TLA-5 ends any road or avenue (no street) at a T, the turn lane markings remain even if there's no left turn in that direction.

With that in mind, there's something I want to show you here – note the diagonal striping from the direction where the only turn is right.

Makes sense to me.  Interested to see if this feature will make it in at some point.   :thumbsup:

Tarkus

Possibly in TuLEP/Cosmetic Piece form.  Doing it draggably would basically be similar to doing auto-turnlanes, which is kind of messy from a coding standpoint.

-Alex

Ramona Brie

One other thing that might make a good puzzle piece: street ends at AVE-2 but doesn't cross to the other side.

ivo_su

Do not want to be not polite, but I want to know had even less chance of new NWM be ready before the end of March. If not please tell me at least, to know how to develop my city. Thank you in advance for your understanding.

- Ivaylo (Ivo)

MandelSoft

^^ We are actually more or less busy to plan a release in the early spring. But I can make no guarantees. We ourselves are figuring out how to organise everything for the release...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

The role of the NWM in our next release cycle has also been somewhat of an unknown.  The next RHW has been a rather intensive project and has required a fairly dedicated effort, and while there has been quite a bit done on the NWM in preparation for a release, it hasn't really progressed any further in the past month or so simply because we haven't had time, and there are still loose ends to tie up on the RHW side. 

As much as I'd like to get a new NWM out, it would probably be safest to expect that there will not be an NWM update as part of this release cycle.  At most, best case scenario, there will be a minor update.

-Alex

ivo_su

Thank you guys for the information. I'll try to slow the development  of my city and maybe we can  deal with the construction of  airports  or ports. Good luck with the development  have all my support for your project but still I'll wait three tiles networks.
All the best

- Ivaylo (Ivo)

mitch

Hi there,
Love the great work done here and throughout all the NAM projects. Just wondering if anyone has determined what causes the graphic glitch involving the NWM transiton pieces (that especially seem to affect those of us with Nvidia cards.) I've read from previous about playing with the z buffer settings but my laptop's Nvidia GTX 260M doesn't really have that specific setting. I've played with many other settings to no avail. I have noticed that it does not happen (at least not as evidently) on the single tile network transitions.

Cheers and thanks for all the amazing work,

Mitch

jdenm8

I believe Tarkus is working on a fix for the problem that should be in the next NWM, but I'm not sure.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley