• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngryBirdsFan436

So when will the texture for the AVE-6/TLA-7 TuLEP piece come out?
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

kbieniu7

Hi guys! I have a small suggestion for more experienced lotters.
I was playing with TuLEPs and NWM's TLA, when I hit on an idea.

I thought about a TLA puzzle piece with pedestrian crossing, which could fill the above showed gap.
It's quite common on roads with bigger traffic, making the way easier and safer for pedestrians.
Wht do you think about it?  :)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

kj3400

I also was wondering about a puzzle piece for TLA medians. I figured we didn't have any pieces like this, and I didn't know if it was planned or not. I thought it could be useful for situations where you don't want a full intersection but you don't want folks turning off the main artery to have to double back on themselves, or in the reverse situation where you don't want folks getting on the artery to have to double back and just be able to merge in with main artery traffic.

I don't know exactly how to describe it or the proper name for it, so I'll just post a link.

http://goo.gl/maps/jYCou
I think I've been here long enough, call me Kenneth/Kenny.
Visit

The Commonwealth of Paradise at ST

The Commonwealth of Paradise at SC4 Wiki

Gugu3

That would be nice!!!In London they have something similar in many roads...a sort of concrete sidewalk dividing the 2carriage...

Tarkus

Crosswalk-type pieces for NWM and default Road-type networks are something I'd be interested in adding.  Would be very beneficial to using the PedMall pieces, no doubt.

-Alex

strucka

Yes indeed! This would be really great. Is it possible to create two pieces? One with a traffic light ensuring safety for peds and the other without.

dragonshardz

Quote from: strucka on November 14, 2012, 02:50:33 PM
Yes indeed! This would be really great. Is it possible to create two pieces? One with a traffic light ensuring safety for peds and the other without.

I imagine they could use false intersections and pathing to make stop points.

strucka

Found a problem! There is no MAVE-6 to AVE-6 transition. =( Is that one in plans, or am I missing something, or did no one come across this transition yet?

ivo_su

I know a man who certainly motse create this piece and this is Matt (Dexter). He is truly the king of making textures and transitions.

jdenm8

Quote from: Piteri on November 17, 2012, 04:57:01 AM
One of these as well for AVE-6
http://goo.gl/maps/kX9rR

Us Australian developers have been looking into the feasibility of adding Seagull intersections (both traffic light controlled and passively controlled) for a few months now. Something may happen in the future, maybe not for NAM31 though.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Priyon

Can anyone help me on how to remove arrows on the one-way roads that come in NWM?

The single lane one-way and the multilane ones, all have those annoying arrow textures. I tried installing two different times (once with option for arrow textures checked, secondly with option unchecked). :(

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Priyon on November 22, 2012, 09:48:48 PM
Can anyone help me on how to remove arrows on the one-way roads that come in NWM?

There's currently no in-game (or rather in-NAM) option to remove NWM arrows. That can change...
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Priyon

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 22, 2012, 10:06:52 PM
Quote from: Priyon on November 22, 2012, 09:48:48 PM

There's currently no in-game (or rather in-NAM) option to remove NWM arrows. That can change...

I had seen a NWM video, and in that video there were no arrows on NWM one-ways.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Priyon on November 22, 2012, 10:23:32 PM

Which video?
<INACTIVE>
-----

Priyon

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 22, 2012, 10:24:20 PM
Quote from: Priyon on November 22, 2012, 10:23:32 PM

Which video?

This one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPBmx0RL7ts

Notice that when the author shows the types of networks, his one-way roads don't have any arrows.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Priyon on November 22, 2012, 10:35:36 PM
Notice that when the author shows the types of networks, his one-way roads don't have any arrows.

Well, you're probably not gonna get an answer from that guy, because that was not the original uploader, it was someone who saved the original uploader's videos.

QuoteThis is a reupload to this video ever since ErwinNegentig got deleted. Most of his videos were recorded and the description had been preserved luckily.

It's Tropod's No Arrow Mod. http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/21371-noonewayroadarrows/
<INACTIVE>
-----