• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meeston

so. the NAM 32 is not released? :D or is been released?  /wrrd%&
this is Meeston. the best SimCity gamer.

samerton

Quote from: Meeston on November 04, 2013, 11:30:08 AM

Nope, NAM v32 has not yet been released. Version 31.2 is the latest :)

Meeston

Quote from: samerton on November 04, 2013, 11:35:45 AM
Quote from: Meeston on November 04, 2013, 11:30:08 AM

Nope, NAM v32 has not yet been released. Version 31.2 is the latest :)
when NAM 32 will be released? i'm so exciting about NAM 32!  ;D

gn_leugim

how many times we have to say, there are no release dates for NAM  $%Grinno$%

Meeston

Quote from: gn_leugim on November 04, 2013, 12:10:08 PM
how many times we have to say, there are no release dates for NAM  $%Grinno$%
okay. but i gonna wait the NAM 32.  :'(

droric

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

gn_leugim

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: gn_leugim on November 04, 2013, 01:15:40 PM
hmmm.. may we expect a good xmas gift?

Just for the record and for anyone else playing at home, the odds (the true odds, not the mathematically ludicrous one) of determining the true odds of a NAM release is zero out of infinity, not 1/31.

And anyone who has followed NAM development will either know this or has a good idea of it. Plus, it makes for a great surprise.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Indiana Joe

Things are getting antsy up in here...take a deep breath everyone.  There's still lots of work to do.   :thumbsup:

FlyHigh

Let's just take it slow. The NAM 32 will be out when it's all nice and prepped up for us  :satisfied:
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

droric

Quote from: Indiana Joe on November 04, 2013, 02:54:01 PM
Things are getting antsy up in here...take a deep breath everyone.  There's still lots of work to do.   :thumbsup:

Or is there?    ;)

PC Specs: i2700k @ 4.9 Ghz, 16 GB @ 1600-8-9-8-16, 2X GTX 580 SLI, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3R, 120 GB Vertex 3 SDD, 3 TB RAID1, 1200W SilentGold, Antec P180B case, Win 8 x64 Pro

Geometry123

Just got rid of my mathematically wrong odds of NAM 32 being released on December in my signature. $%Grinno$%

Anyways, my new signature probably makes sense... ::)

QuoteYou will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P
You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

Meeston

Quote from: Geometry123 on November 04, 2013, 08:49:30 PM
Just got rid of my mathematically wrong odds of NAM 32 being released on December in my signature. $%Grinno$%

Anyways, my new signature probably makes sense... ::)

QuoteYou will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P
okay. but i'm using the NAM 31.2.  :(

Wiimeiser

Regarding "issues" with NC pieces if we use a OWR approach for AVE-8, I don't think it'll be much of a problem. The middle tile can still connect, and that's the important part (That's assuming it can carry traffic)
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Meeston

Quote from: Wiimeiser on November 05, 2013, 07:56:41 PM
Regarding "issues" with NC pieces if we use a OWR approach for AVE-8, I don't think it'll be much of a problem. The middle tile can still connect, and that's the important part (That's assuming it can carry traffic)
okay.  &apls

Kuewr665

Huh? What is this about using OWR for the AVE-8?  ()what()

Meeston

dragonshardz

Quote from: Kuewr665 on November 05, 2013, 08:02:46 PM
Huh? What is this about using OWR for the AVE-8?  ()what()

Since the AVE-8 doesn't exist, you can use opposing stretches of OWR-4 to emulate the same function.

Kuewr665

Someone referred to using OWR in an implementation of AVE-8. I could not find where it said the AVE-8 will use OWR.

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Kuewr665 on November 06, 2013, 02:56:50 PM
Someone referred to using OWR in an implementation of AVE-8. I could not find where it said the AVE-8 will use OWR.

Unless you're talking about using two OWR-4's as an AVE-8 replacement, it was proposed at one point that the outer parts of AVE-8 would be OWR-based to give the network a greater capacity than AVE-6, but there would be several problems with such an implementation:

- OWR has a greater speed, in addition to a greater capacity (1.5 times that of Road), so there could be an unbalanced advantage to using AVE-8. It would be tantamount to using dual OWRs as a complete replacement to Avenues, which I find as cheating (and in many instances, ugly).
- Arrows. Unless implemented differently, you'd have the OWR's arrows on the AVE-8.
- Speaking of arrows, you'd be hassled with having to drag things in the right direction, whereas if you used Road instead, it wouldn't matter which way you dragged because it has no reversibility. It's easy to accidentally reverse the direction of one side of the AVE-8, and then the whole thing could break. There's also the cost of reversing the segment of OWR, which can add up if you're dealing with a long stretch of AVE-8.
- Neighbour connections. You can't make OWR NCs. Yes, the centre tile will be Road, but it'll be bottlenecked with having to deal with up to four (yes, four) times the capacity it was meant to handle.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums