• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NWM (Network Widening Mod) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, May 03, 2007, 08:47:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

There is a median island on the AVE-6.  It'll just show up as just whatever terrain you're using in the island (as it's locked in by roads, it won't touch zones and can't have a wealth-level), unless you have an external median mod installed.

Also, the MAVE-4 and MAVE-6 were renamed at least a couple years ago, mainly as people kept confusing MAVE-6 with AVE-6 and it made things messy.  They are now known as the RD-4 and RD-6.

-Alex

Zeratai

Tahnks Alex... Sorry I don't know where to post some more questions so I'll just ask... I have installed the NAM and selected reduce OWR Arrows plugins, then I discovered there are 2 files NetworkAddonMod_OneWayRoad_Arrows_Half_Reduction_Plugin and NetworkAddonMod_OneWayRoad_Arrows_Reduction_Plugin  my questions is: If I just want arrows appear on intersections which plug in should I remove? I tried every combinations but still havent got the desired effect, as Half reduction makes the arrows kinda transparent and the full reduction eliminates everty single arrow... Also, which is the correct thread to post any type of questions I could have in the future?

New question. I'm having trouble with NWM RD-6 neighbor connection... I did every step in connecting both cities, but only 1 lane is able to transport cars... incoming traffic into both cities only accepts pedestrian traffic... but going traffic is ok, both car and pedestrian... Is there a way to fix this? I would like to post photos of the problem to better understanding but dont know how... Hope you can anser my questions.

Tarkus

The "Half" file converts the arrows to the single arrow, instead of the default double arrow on One-Way Roads, whereas the normal Reduction plugin turns the arrows into "ghost models" that only show up when you hover over the One-Way Road.  I don't believe there is a plugin/mod that does exactly what you've described.

The Neighbor Connectors have always acted a bit funky on the NWM, and we have no idea why.  They are built exactly like the RHW ones, which work fine.  If push comes to shove, temporarily convert the RD-6 to an AVE and back on the other side of the connector.  That usually does the trick.

-Alex

skinnykenny6066

hello, i was wandering if anyone can help me....Ive watch hijacky video on using TuLeps and he is able to turn his pieces when its over the road. when I hover my piece over the road it will not let me turn it, so i turn it in the grass, but when i go to plop it it turns itself a different way. does anybody know why this is?  I am on level ground just trying to practice using all the RHW stuff.

j-dub

darn it, i'm not seeing what's happening myself, so i'm going to try to assess your description,

certain circumstances i can't explain, sometimes restrict rotation when building pieces over existing road that is already there, causing you to demolish that stretch of road and do-over in the space where that road was instead

unless its by chance the preview model is facing the wrong way, ending the result of a misdirected tulep, more expert opinion instead of my own may be needed here

Aaron Graham

Tarkus- I have a question, how wide are the Sim City lanes, or can you give the width of most cars in Sim City 4?
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

joshua43214

Quote from: skinnykenny6066 on March 06, 2015, 08:32:31 PM
hello, i was wandering if anyone can help me....Ive watch hijacky video on using TuLeps and he is able to turn his pieces when its over the road. when I hover my piece over the road it will not let me turn it, so i turn it in the grass, but when i go to plop it it turns itself a different way. does anybody know why this is?  I am on level ground just trying to practice using all the RHW stuff.

This usually happens to me when I build the turn lanes before the intersection. Sometimes you just have to bulldoze the intersection and start from the center.

roadgeek

Quote from: skinnykenny6066 on March 06, 2015, 08:32:31 PM

You wouldn't happen to be trying to use Tuleps with RHW would you?

skinnykenny6066

Yes my intersections are all built first I'm using the 6 ln Ave from the nwm... Not sure if this is considered part of the rhw or not... I've tried it on flat ground with nothing on it just the road then the tulep... Hijacky goes so fast on his video lol but I can tell he is turning pieces over the pre existing road... I'm just finding it so difficult to use the tulep but I want that realism in my city... Thanks for all the advice I hope I can figure this out soon

Tarkus

AVE-6 is definitely NWM territory, not RHW.  If you're trying to build the TuLEPs over starter pieces (or near them), that would definitely prevent them from being placed properly.  Make sure you've got a decent stretch of AVE-6 dragged away from a starter before you try placing them.

The eventual goal with TuLEPs going forward is to kill the puzzle pieces.  That won't happen by NAM 33--which is close to completion but suspended in RL-related limbo--but it's a high priority going forward.

And for those wondering about NAM status in the wake of Cities: Skylines, we are indeed still planning to go forward with our SC4 NAM efforts as originally planned.  Many of us are intrigued by C:S--there's the sense that C:S might be to SC4 what SC4 was to SC3000, and that Paradox/CO are taking the genre in the right direction.  But just as there are people still playing SC3000, we're not abandoning SC4, especially as much as we've invested in it.  Any potential forays into C:S modding will be in addition to keeping our SC4 work going.

-Alex

Simcoug

Quote from: Tarkus on March 10, 2015, 03:26:48 PM
And for those wondering about NAM status in the wake of Cities: Skylines, we are indeed still planning to go forward with our SC4 NAM efforts as originally planned.  Many of us are intrigued by C:S--there's the sense that C:S might be to SC4 what SC4 was to SC3000, and that Paradox/CO are taking the genre in the right direction.  But just as there are people still playing SC3000, we're not abandoning SC4, especially as much as we've invested in it.  Any potential forays into C:S modding will be in addition to keeping our SC4 work going.
-Alex

Thank you for making my day  :thumbsup:
I have nothing against C:S - I will probably give it a shot one of these days, but I don't see myself giving up on SC4 any time soon - there are just too many wonderful custom creations floating around (and new ones added every day) to just dump the whole thing.  I'm looking forward to the new goodies in NAM 33... can't wait!

packersfan

Good to hear that you guys will continue modding SC4.

For me personally, the shift from SC3000 to SC4 was quick because SC4 was a new game for me and I had never played SC3000 the way I play SC4, that is with loads of mods, city journals, such investment.

If I played SC4 that way, I would be quick to jump to C:S...but at this point C:S would just be a game for me and not the complete package that SC4 is for me right now.

I'm more wary about jumping into the unknown now that I have a cozy SC4 home as opposed to jumping into SC4 when SC3000 was just a game to me.

Plus, NAM and many of the mods for SC4 STILL offer greater realistic looks that C:S has shown so far.  Hopefully modding will make it more realistic (of course, it must...we have to remember we are 11 YEARS in on SC4!)

eggman121

Time to blow of the dust from this Thread  :evilgrin:

NWM FlexCurves anyone  ;D

This one will have the ability to be overridden to Road 6 as well. The Road 4 will be Flexed as well but won't be able to have the ability to be overridden to other networks due its geometry. The single tile networks will override the Road MRCs and I am thinking of making flex pieces for those as well for ease of use. This is just planning for future editions and depending on timing they may not make it in the next edition.

Keen to hear thoughts  ;)

-eggman121

dyoungyn

Now that is SWEET $%Grinno$%  What would make this even sweater is to see AVE6/7 Flex curves, diagonals and FAR(s).  If such a thing existed, then  SC4 will so sweet as if were Halloween or Christmas and all those sweet goodies.

Jack_wilds

c.p.

Gugu3

eggman121

Thanks for all the positive comments  :thumbsup:

I think that curves for all the NWM types will be made in due course but for now I have gotten the overrides done for the Road 6

-eggman121

Simmer2

________________________________________________________________________________

InvisiChem

Oh, very nice. These were absolutely needed. That 45 degree angle looked a little sharp with these networks.  ;)
Everyone has something to offer, most do not possess the courage to offer it.